• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The banned version of The Exorcist trailer:
*Note that is banned because of FLASHING IMAGES, not content, and this flashing is quite excessive!

It actually did cause some people to have seizures which is why they pulled it.
I found it very annoying. If I'd seen that first I might have boycotted the movie. WTF were they thinking?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Note that is banned because of FLASHING IMAGES, not content, and this flashing is quite excessive!

I found it very annoying. If I'd seen that first I might have boycotted the movie. WTF were they thinking?
Never sat down and watched the whole movie start to finish. About to do that this week.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never sat down and watched the whole movie start to finish. About to do that this week.
Nice! People here certainly seem to be moving on the "classics" recently.

It is another product of it's time though. Watching the reactions of people in '73 is very interesting since reportably some people tend to laugh at it during modern screenings (which I find a bit odd).

The actual audience feedback begins about halfway through:

I don't know that @FaCe-LeE-uS has ever chimed in on this classic horror movie.

Oh, avoid the sequels. They are f'n horrible.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is another product of it's time though. Watching the reactions of people in '73 is very interesting since reportably some people tend to laugh at it during modern screenings (which I find a bit odd).

Definitely a product of its time. Film is nearly 50 years old! And I admit that most classics such as those don’t translate very well without prior viewership. Younger audiences may receive a bigger impact. I think if you viewed it after the 90s it wouldn’t have the same affect as it would naturally have to be compared to films around the time you first watched it. I first watched it in the 90s when I was about 10 years old. Young & impressionable, but it also helped that my mom was a big fan of classic horror films so she watched them a lot & I didn’t know anything different. But I loved it even though I had to sleep with the light on for a few days LOL!

I believe most of us have become too desensitized to fully appreciate classic horror films. Nowadays people require constant stimulation or risk zoning out if the movie doesn't have enough action or lasting shock value. A great deal of classic scary movies actually relied on telling a good story and building realistic suspense. Big reasons why I’m a little overly critical on some movies at times. If movies are going to take themselves serious and try to tell a coherent story then I’ll be paying closer attention.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am most worried about the acting. That was my biggest gripe with TCM and aside from the writing, it is a huge portion of what keeps me engaged. With that said, I can almost guarantee I will like it, as possession/haunting style horror is one of my personal favorites. Hence The Conjurings being so high on my top 10 list.

I have HBO Max now and can't wait for the third movie, it comes out on my birthday... it's destiny lol.

@FaCe-LeE-uS - why no top 10 horror from you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am most worried about the acting. That was my biggest gripe with TCM and aside from the writing, it is a huge portion of what keeps me engaged. With that said, I can almost guarantee I will like it, as possession/haunting style horror is one of my personal favorites. Hence The Conjurings being so high on my top 10 list.

I have HBO Max now and can't wait for the third movie, it comes out on my birthday... it's destiny lol.

Sorry I spaced it. I’m still on vacation!

I’ll try to get around to it this weekend.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has:
*Ellen Burstyn, who is a multiple Oscar Best Actress nominee and Oscar winner, as a lead. She was actually nominated for this role, and she won the Best Actress next year for Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.
*Max Van Sydow is a lead role as a priest. I'm guessing everyone knows who Max is!
*Jason Miller has the other priest . He got a Best Supporting Actor nomination. He was in a bunch of movies I don't recall ever seeing. More interesting (to me) is that he won a Pulitzer for Drama, and is a Tony winning playwright as well! Unfortunately he died suddenly in 2001.
*Linda Blair's child performance is excellent, particularly considering the material. By far the best of her strange career. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for this role.
Even a couple of the other actors are highly respected.
*The story came from the novel, which is still very well-regarded to this day and the author, Blatty, who won an Oscar for Best Screenplay for this.
*The director Friedkin also directed The French Connection among others. He got a Best Director nomination for this.
*The soundtrack is excellent and won the Oscar for Best Sound. Tubular Bells is legendary.
*It was also nominated for Best Cinematography, Best Editing, and Best Set Design.
*8.3 Metacritic and 8.0 general score from IMDB. So it is both a critic and audiences liked it.

Yeah, this was a Warner Brothers big budget (for a horror movie in the early 70s) movie. About as far away from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as you can get. I don't think acting and writing are going to be an issue. Probably more content or how its aged might be more of an issue.

It doesn't bug me now but I was admitably a bit disgusted by the "YMSCIN" and "LJFY" and another scene or two when I first saw it at 12 or 13. It is pretty limit pushing. But overall I found it to be very creepy and disturbing. They certainly were shocking (for '73) in an interesting way in a very well made movie.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has:
*Ellen Burstyn, who is a multiple Oscar Best Actress nominee and Oscar winner, as a lead. She was actually nominated for this role, and she won the Best Actress next year for Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.
*Max Van Sydow is a lead role as a priest. I'm guessing everyone knows who Max is!
*Jason Miller has the other priest . He got a Best Supporting Actor nomination. He was in a bunch of movies I don't recall ever seeing. More interesting (to me) is that he won a Pulitzer for Drama, and is a Tony winning playwright as well! Unfortunately he died suddenly in 2001.
*Linda Blair's child performance is excellent, particularly considering the material. By far the best of her strange career. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for this role.
Even a couple of the other actors are highly respected.
*The story came from the novel, which is still very well-regarded to this day and the author, Blatty, who won an Oscar for Best Screenplay for this.
*The director Friedkin also directed The French Connection among others. He got a Best Director nomination for this.
*The soundtrack is excellent and won the Oscar for Best Sound. Tubular Bells is legendary.
*It was also nominated for Best Cinematography, Best Editing, and Best Set Design.
*8.3 Metacritic and 8.0 general score from IMDB. So it is both a critic and audiences liked it.

Yeah, this was a Warner Brothers big budget (for a horror movie in the early 70s) movie. About as far away from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as you can get. I don't think acting and writing are going to be an issue. Probably more content or how its aged might be more of an issue.

It doesn't bug me now but I was admitably a bit disgusted by the "YMSCIN" and "LJFY" and another scene or two when I first saw it at 12 or 13. It is pretty limit pushing. But overall I found it to be very creepy and disturbing. They certainly were shocking (for '73) in an interesting way in a very well made movie.

Crap!
I list all of the Academy nominations and wins but I forgot to mention that The Exorcist was also nominated for Best Picture.
*Overall, it still has the most nominations for a horror movie with 10.
*The Exorcist is 1 of only 6 horror movies to be nominated for best picture along with Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, The Sixth Sense, Black Swan, and Get Out.
(Is Black Swan a horror movie though? I don't recall it being horror.)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... so I literally just finished The Exorcist, so this is all an immediate reaction.

First... IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE. Everything was done so well, it didn't come off as a product of its time to me. Again, I may be biased because this is my favorite subgenre of horror (as previously stated with The Conjuring movies), but everything was done soooo well. I don't even know how to begin to parse this, so let me start with the bad.

I was watching on HBO Max and it had to be edited to some degree even though there was cursing, head spinning, etc... however, there was no spider-walk down the stairs. After the movie was over, I looked it up to make sure it was this movie and it was, so I rewound the movie to that point is it just fades to black after Chris is being consoled about the death of Burkes. I thought that was weird at the time, as it felt like an odd cut for not having a cut like that at all throughout the film to that point (or thereafter). So that was very upsetting as I am also now not sure if I missed out on something else. There were also a few scenes where I felt the sound was off, either through the mixing or mastering or whatever, but there were a few scenes where I could hear the surrounding things (like cars, random noises) a little more clearly than I could the actors lines. That didn't happen too often though, so not a big deal. I wish the opening scene in the desert when Merrin discovers the amulet and traces it back to those ruins, I wish that was explained better. I looked it up literally right before coming to post this so I now know it wasn't the devil himself, but the demon Pazuzu that is referenced in the statue, the amulet, as well as the demon that took Reagan over. I feel like they could have done a little better in tying that together, but then again Idk if other things were cut out. Also with that, Merrin felt somewhat out of place, mostly because his character isn't built up at all. We see him make a discovery, say goodbye to his son... and then he isn't seen or heard from again until called upon for the exorcism. So I feel like that was a bit of a missed opportunity. Also there is a subplot of Damien not being fit to be a priest anymore, but nothing comes of that. He tells it to a fellow over a pint and that is the last we hear if it. I have a feeling there is another cut scene I missed somewhere and just thinking about possible cut scenes is pissing me off now. I felt like the servants should have had a bigger role or felt more important than they did, but idk. There was the scene with Burke calling Karl a Nazi...and nothing ever came of it or meant anything, just felt like hey 'here is a scene to make Burke look bad to the audience doesn't care when he dies later'.

Also, did I miss something regarding Karras' mother? In one scene Damien is rushing to his mother's bedside in the hospital and shortly thereafter (I forget the character) someone mentions that his mother had been dead for 2 days before she was discovered. I feel like this may have been another cut scene I missed out on, but if not and I didn't miss anything in the dialogue then that was some bad editing/story-telling. I'm just not sure which.

The great... just everything that matters. The acting was superb by everyone... seriously, even the detective that only has like two scenes. Everyone did an incredible job. Towards the end there is a 3 second scene where Chris asks if Reagan is going to die and Damiens expression (looking away from the camera) reacts immediately and he turns and responds "no". It doesn't sound like much and probably ultimately silly give all the great acting, but just noticing the facial expression was awesome. How old was Linda Blair when she did this, her acting was incredible? No scene really felt phoned in. I loved that they made this as realistic as possible. They exhausted every possible medical and psychological cause they could think of... recalling the scene where Chris says something like '88 doctors and none of you have a clue'. It got to the point that the doctors recommended an exorcism and I thought 'wow they are not really going to do this', BUT the doctors spin it to a psychological meaning, stating that if someone believes they are possessed then they may believe an exorcism would cure them. I thought that was a brilliantly smart move to keep it medically related. The music is incredible, immediately reminded me of Halloween, but then I thought... they probably got the musical idea from this movie. Loved it. The pacing felt a little off in the beginning, but all in all I felt it was pretty solid. The camera work was good, I appreciated some of the angles at times. I also noticed how the camera assisted in making the effects look genuine, but it also didn't feel off like it was trying to hide something, it worked. The makeup... ok, this was a product of its time lol, but I'm not dinging points for that. There were some genuine, hair-raising scenes in there. If I had to pick, I think the craziest scene was the 'let Jesus fuck you', furniture moving, leading to the smiling, head turn... that was amazing and the moment I realized how... for lack of a better phrase, how ahead of its time this movie was for horror.

This post is long enough and Idk when I will be given the chance to watch the original original... so please ask questions or something so I can have an idea of what else I may have missed in order to piece of this together. I won't embed the clip, but here is a link to another scene that was cut from what I watched. I just discovered it when looking up that head spinning scene.. Edit: looks like I don't need to embed stuff for it to show up anymore.

All in all, I wish there was some explanations or more detail and/or character development in some respects, but I also realize that it could be from the this watered-down version as to why I may be missing some things.

8.5 out of 10 for this version.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... so I literally just finished The Exorcist, so this is all an immediate reaction.

First... IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE. Everything was done so well, it didn't come off as a product of its time to me. Again, I may be biased because this is my favorite subgenre of horror (as previously stated with The Conjuring movies), but everything was done soooo well. I don't even know how to begin to parse this, so let me start with the bad.

I was watching on HBO Max and it had to be edited to some degree even though there was cursing, head spinning, etc... however, there was no spider-walk down the stairs. After the movie was over, I looked it up to make sure it was this movie and it was, so I rewound the movie to that point is it just fades to black after Chris is being consoled about the death of Burkes. I thought that was weird at the time, as it felt like an odd cut for not having a cut like that at all throughout the film to that point (or thereafter). So that was very upsetting as I am also now not sure if I missed out on something else. There were also a few scenes where I felt the sound was off, either through the mixing or mastering or whatever, but there were a few scenes where I could hear the surrounding things (like cars, random noises) a little more clearly than I could the actors lines. That didn't happen too often though, so not a big deal. I wish the opening scene in the desert when Merrin discovers the amulet and traces it back to those ruins, I wish that was explained better. I looked it up literally right before coming to post this so I now know it wasn't the devil himself, but the demon Pazuzu that is referenced in the statue, the amulet, as well as the demon that took Reagan over. I feel like they could have done a little better in tying that together, but then again Idk if other things were cut out. Also with that, Merrin felt somewhat out of place, mostly because his character isn't built up at all. We see him make a discovery, say goodbye to his son... and then he isn't seen or heard from again until called upon for the exorcism. So I feel like that was a bit of a missed opportunity. Also there is a subplot of Damien not being fit to be a priest anymore, but nothing comes of that. He tells it to a fellow over a pint and that is the last we hear if it. I have a feeling there is another cut scene I missed somewhere and just thinking about possible cut scenes is pissing me off now. I felt like the servants should have had a bigger role or felt more important than they did, but idk. There was the scene with Burke calling Karl a Nazi...and nothing ever came of it or meant anything, just felt like hey 'here is a scene to make Burke look bad to the audience doesn't care when he dies later'.

Also, did I miss something regarding Karras' mother? In one scene Damien is rushing to his mother's bedside in the hospital and shortly thereafter (I forget the character) someone mentions that his mother had been dead for 2 days before she was discovered. I feel like this may have been another cut scene I missed out on, but if not and I didn't miss anything in the dialogue then that was some bad editing/story-telling. I'm just not sure which.

The great... just everything that matters. The acting was superb by everyone... seriously, even the detective that only has like two scenes. Everyone did an incredible job. Towards the end there is a 3 second scene where Chris asks if Reagan is going to die and Damiens expression (looking away from the camera) reacts immediately and he turns and responds "no". It doesn't sound like much and probably ultimately silly give all the great acting, but just noticing the facial expression was awesome. How old was Linda Blair when she did this, her acting was incredible? No scene really felt phoned in. I loved that they made this as realistic as possible. They exhausted every possible medical and psychological cause they could think of... recalling the scene where Chris says something like '88 doctors and none of you have a clue'. It got to the point that the doctors recommended an exorcism and I thought 'wow they are not really going to do this', BUT the doctors spin it to a psychological meaning, stating that if someone believes they are possessed then they may believe an exorcism would cure them. I thought that was a brilliantly smart move to keep it medically related. The music is incredible, immediately reminded me of Halloween, but then I thought... they probably got the musical idea from this movie. Loved it. The pacing felt a little off in the beginning, but all in all I felt it was pretty solid. The camera work was good, I appreciated some of the angles at times. I also noticed how the camera assisted in making the effects look genuine, but it also didn't feel off like it was trying to hide something, it worked. The makeup... ok, this was a product of its time lol, but I'm not dinging points for that. There were some genuine, hair-raising scenes in there. If I had to pick, I think the craziest scene was the 'let Jesus fuck you', furniture moving, leading to the smiling, head turn... that was amazing and the moment I realized how... for lack of a better phrase, how ahead of its time this movie was for horror.

This post is long enough and Idk when I will be given the chance to watch the original original... so please ask questions or something so I can have an idea of what else I may have missed in order to piece of this together. I won't embed the clip, but here is a link to another scene that was cut from what I watched. I just discovered it when looking up that head spinning scene.. Edit: looks like I don't need to embed stuff for it to show up anymore.

All in all, I wish there was some explanations or more detail and/or character development in some respects, but I also realize that it could be from the this watered-down version as to why I may be missing some things.

8.5 out of 10 for this version.
Nice!

As far as which version you watched, I'm not sure on how many are out there and what the differences are. Articles state that there are 2 versions and discuss the '73 theatrical release vs the "Version you've never seen before" from 2000 (extended or director's cut), There is also at least one television cut but then all of the swearing would have been somewhat sanitized.

Note that the spider walk scene was removed from the theatrical release because the wires were visible, but it was put back into the 2000 directors cut when they could digitally remove them.

So, from your description I'm not sure what version you've seen but it seems to be the theatrical(?). It's been a couple decades since I watched it (time for a rewatch?) and I am not as well-versed on The Exorcist as I am some other horror movie lore.

This imdb page might help you clarify?

Also: Why The Exorcist Deleted (Then Restored) Regan's Infamous Spider Walk

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

As far as which version you watched, I'm not sure on how many are out there and what the differences are. Articles state that there are 2 versions and discuss the '73 theatrical release vs the "Version you've never seen before" from 2000 (extended or director's cut), There is also at least one television cut but then all of the swearing would have been somewhat sanitized.

Note that the spider walk scene was removed from the theatrical release because the wires were visible, but it was put back into the 2000 directors cut when they could digitally remove them.

So, from your description I'm not sure what version you've seen but it seems to be the theatrical(?). It's been a couple decades since I watched it (time for a rewatch?) and I am not as well-versed on The Exorcist as I am some other horror movie lore.

This imdb page might help you clarify?

Also: Why The Exorcist Deleted (Then Restored) Regan's Infamous Spider Walk
After I made that post, I went on youtube and watch a few reviews of the Exorcist II... I don't think I am going to take a chance on that one any time soon lol. The clips, the review,.... everything was bad. However, I heard the Exorcist III is ok, that Brad Dourif is magnificent and he was pretty awesome as Chucky lol.

But regarding the above... I think I am going to have to adjust my top 10 horror. What are some other awesome recommendations?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched His House on Netflix, RT has this at 100% certified fresh so I thought I would check it out.

In one sentence without giving anything away it is... A story about 2 refugees that are seeking asylum in England that are also haunted by their past.

I am being purposefully vague because I don't recall anyone posting about it yet. It is very well acted and generally and it looks good, there were some really nice transition scenes. It comes with a twist, an original story, and playing off of those... an ending that I wasn't sure the movie would do, but happy it did. It has some slight gore, some jump scares, and the movie primarily takes place in the house... and mostly one area of the house... because of that, even though I liked a lot about the movie, it still felt somewhat unfulfilled by the end. I wanted more out of the story and even though some scenes showed us what led them there and why these things are happening to them, I still felt that in the end it was a very basic or blase ghost story.

7 out of 10. Enjoyable.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an awful trailer lol.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a product of its time. Film is nearly 50 years old! And I admit that most classics such as those don’t translate very well without prior viewership. Younger audiences may receive a bigger impact. I think if you viewed it after the 90s it wouldn’t have the same affect as it would naturally have to be compared to films around the time you first watched it. I first watched it in the 90s when I was about 10 years old. Young & impressionable, but it also helped that my mom was a big fan of classic horror films so she watched them a lot & I didn’t know anything different. But I loved it even though I had to sleep with the light on for a few days LOL!

I believe most of us have become too desensitized to fully appreciate classic horror films. Nowadays people require constant stimulation or risk zoning out if the movie doesn't have enough action or lasting shock value. A great deal of classic scary movies actually relied on telling a good story and building realistic suspense. Big reasons why I’m a little overly critical on some movies at times. If movies are going to take themselves serious and try to tell a coherent story then I’ll be paying closer attention.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head with my biggest modern horror movie gripe.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Blackshirts BLVD - so did you ask for everyone's top 10 horror list or just wondering why I never have posted one?

Went back 10 pages or so to figure out if I just wasn't remembering the convo or to find where you asked. Didn't see anything.

I don't think that I have ever posted a top 10... Could be difficult!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some recent viewings...

The Empty Man (2020)
It's been a while where a movie has left me utterly confused. I was not in the right state of mind to watch something this in-depth. Starts off like some sort of paranormal flick but 2/3rds of the way through it morphs into a cult flick... Then it tries to explain the cult's purpose and how that relates to our protagonist and things get dicey real quick. I think I more or less understood what they were trying to achieve, but man it felt somewhat exhaustive and it lost almost all of its horror luster by that point. Sort of like a cult crime drama. It had great visuals and the start was brilliant. It had decent progression, but like I said, it devolves & becomes exhaustive. Anyone else watch this? I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts on it.

Comedown (2012)
British slasher flick featuring Jacob Anderson (Greyworm in GoT series). Annoying list of characters & bad acting. Even Anderson comes off as b-list. There was quite the rush of "abandoned inner city tower block" horror films out of the UK around 2012. Citadel, Tower Block, Attack the Block, etc. Not sure what the allure was. This film was probably the least creative with the concept/trend. This movie relies heavily on the slasher movie staple of idiot teenagers being attacked by a maniac. There is zero sympathy for the victims and the killer is just as unattractive. I mean c'mon, your motive is that they killed your pigeons? There's really no one to root for in this film.. Nothing redeemable about this film. I found myself wishing for them to hurry up & get killed so that the film could move towards its foregone conclusion.

Deep Blue Sea 3 (2020)
This is how I like my cheesy sci/fi shark flicks lol. It's not over the top to make it a horror comedy, but its real enough to try to make a monster flick. The cast wasn't too bad, but the acting seriously lacked in moments. But you should know what you're getting into with this types of flicks so you can't expect much. The cgi wasn't terrible so that was a plus. Definitely lacking but its more passable than most. The plot was ok but I was more in it for the funny kills/deaths and it delivered in that area. Mindless entertainment. Aside from some ass-shots in scooba-gear, the BoobMeter was lifeless. Strange given the shameless nature of this film.

The Facility (2012)
Seen lots of movies like this but the titles are escaping me... People volunteering themselves for drug trial experiments and things go horribly wrong. More of the same with this movie. Gore fx were good. Practical effects always look more realistic. Decent plot with average acting. Worth the watch.

Followed (2018)
Found-footage horror framed in a true-crime approach using technology as its guide. Pretty unique approach. Sort of like a drama-detached version of Searching (2018). Go-figure that this movie came out in the same year lol. Why does that always seem to happen? Multiple movies coming out with almost the same plot concepts. These movies definitely have more contrast though. Searching was a drama-thriller whereas this movie is more just found-footage horror based on a paranormal investigator. This movie had some lackluster progression, but the scare tactics were decent. Nothing really that unique though as all found-footage horror films use the same tactics. Not a bad watch though.

Freaky (2020)
Horror comedy for teenagers. My wife was really looking forward to this one but it disappointed us both. Not much comedy, and not much entertainment. Sort of like watching a horror version of Rob Schneider's The Hot Chick (2002) lol, but sub out the criminal (Schneider) and use a slasher (Vaughn). Pretty much an exact replica of that movie.

Hunter Hunter (2020)
Very misleading trailer. Thought I was getting into some sort of badass wolf/werewolf film with Devon Sawa (Final Destination (2000)). Starts off like a survivalist monster film with wolves attacking, but then it devolves into a metaphoric crime drama. Not a bad watch, but the character stupidity got to me at the climax. Also felt like it could have played out so much better than it did. Sawa's part was far too brief and IMO would have been a better conflict if it centered between him & the killer. Pretty epic finish though with some brutality I haven't seen since maybe the Hostel films lol.

Night of the Demons (2009)
BoobMeter was at a resounding 9 or 9.5 on this film. I'm sure @Chef99 knows all about it. Hussies dressed as sloots going to a Halloween party. Features the Nadia chick from the American Pie movie. I was pretty inebriated during this movie but I sort of recall watching something gross happen with one of the chick's nipples. This movie was hilariously cheesy. The plot felt like something out of the 90's. At times it reminded me of From Dusk Til Dawn (1996).

Slumber (2017)

Paranormal flick involving a sleep paralysis demon & Maggie Q. Decent acting, progression & fx. Not a bad watch, and has some decent scenes. But the climax was lazy and didn't produce anything memorable.

Shark Lake (2015)
Thought we'd get another cheesy shark film in, but this one was just so bad... SO BAD. Sharks in a lake & Dolph Lundgren seems like a win-win... but no... just no. Judging by the trailer I thought we were getting ourselves into something like Piranha 3D (2010), but this was nothing like it. Just avoid this movie at all costs.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Blackshirts BLVD - so did you ask for everyone's top 10 horror list or just wondering why I never have posted one?

Went back 10 pages or so to figure out if I just wasn't remembering the convo or to find where you asked. Didn't see anything.

I don't think that I have ever posted a top 10... Could be difficult!
@FaCe-LeE-uS - He made a seperate thread in the forum.

I made a top 12, then listed about 30 other top contenders with a note that there are waaaaayyy more that deserve consideration, and that it was impossible for me to narrow it down further. So I agree on the difficulty.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS - He made a seperate thread in the forum.

I made a top 12, then listed about 30 other top contenders with a note that there are waaaaayyy more that deserve consideration, and that it was impossible for me to narrow it down further. So I agree on the difficulty.
Ah that's right. I could have sworn I remember seeing something but couldn't find it.