• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen Peter Jackson's Dead Alive / Braindead, then stop whatever you are doing and watch it now!

Quite frankly, I can't imagine you haven't Face. It is an all-time horror classic! My first thought is that, considering the width and breadth of your horror knowledge, you are just momentarily blanking due to alcohol killing off a specific part of your brain.
It's the alcohol thats addicted to me. I swear.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then! I just watched Verotika which is written, and directed by metal icon Glenn Danzig, and I feel a bit dumber and dirtier for it.

I have heard rumors that this is the horror equivalent of The Room but it appears to be far worse (though I haven't seen The Room, it gets a 3.7 on imdb while Verotika gets a 1.9 which is the worst rating I think I've ever seen!)

This one "has it all". Horrible acting, horrible direction, crappy fxs, incomprehensible storylines that go nowhere. It really is one of the worst things I have ever seen (with apologies to Ulli Lommel's Zombie Nation). So exactly what do we have?

Glenn obviously watched some RZ movies and thought "Hey, I could do that!", then he went around Las Vegas (where he infamously lives in an all-black mansion surrounded by dead vegetation) and hire up a bunch of strippers and pørnstars (literally) and make a decent horror anthology. Sadly, he was oh so wrong.

The movie starts with a stripper in the Cryptkeeper type role telling us about the different tales. I'd rank on her for having no screen presence or menace required for the role but she isn't any worse than anyone else.

The first story is about a hooker whose id takes actual physical form as a big albino man spider that kills anyone that crosses her (and others) by snapping their necks. Oh, her nipples are eyes that can cry for no reason, and it is set in France, which makes for horrible accents all around. "Highlights" are the lead's bloated collagen lips, and some bad wardrobe issues with the man-spider (obvious head mask line not covered with make up, piece of costume dangling off of crotch). Some creepy visuals and fxs but overall it is baffling bad.

The 2nd story is about a stripper with a scarred up face goes around cutting the faces off of women and wearing them during her act, though she covers her face for said act so I don't get the point. The cops chasing her have horrible dialog and can't act. The main cop is particularly horrible. She slices off some faces, gets shot by cops, runs away, then somehow ends up stripping in the same club with big bullet scars on her torso. But hey, that's not at all suspicious!

The 3rd tale is a retelling of the Elizabeth Bathory legend about the royalty that bathed in the blood of young virgins to retain her youth. Of the 3 stories this one has by far the best in costuming, location, sets, etc. The acting is still bad and the tale really goes nowhere. Sadly despite being the best fxs, sets, costuming, etc it is also the most boring of the 3 tales. While it could maybe be argued that the first 2 are "So bad, they're good" this last one is more yawn than anything else.

It's just sad what Glenn decides to leave in the movie. The aforementioned wardrobe issues, horrible dialog, and even worse acting are just the tip of the iceberg. The lighting is flat, and often too bright. One scene has a fully visible mic pack strapped to a stripper's leg as she ascends the stairs. Other scenes have crew members clearly visible in background shots (why leave those in? Cut the shot, or re-shot, or crop the image! F'n LAZY!!). At one point a ragged piece of broken sheetrock covers half of the ceiling area it is supposed to. UGH! Many scenes just drag on with nothing happening for 30 seconds after the director should have cut, which leads to actors doing nothing, or glancing at the camera in confusion. Also, and I can't reiterate this point strongly enough, DON'T HIRE YOUR FAVORITE STRIPPERS AND P-STARS AS ALL OF YOUR MAIN ACTORS!!

Was there anything good? Well, some decent sets in the Bathory tale, but other than that......gore and bweebs! Lots and lots of bweebies, so Chef might appreciate some of it?

As a metal fan, I have enjoyed Danzig's music somewhat but I've never been a big fan persay. But please, please, please never, ever let him direct again!

1.5 outta 10. Avoid unless you are looking for a trainwreck.

If you want a kinda good Danzig horror tale, watch the "When Gods Kill" video instead. Goth/Geiger/Lovecraft influences on a pretty cool song. It also has bweebs!

I have to imagine that drugs were heavily involved in the making of this movie. If not under the influence, then definitely fried from years & years of influence.

Sounds hilarious though... Enough so that I want to check out the trailer... Because you mentioned bewbs... And I have research to perform...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to try to define the most prolific movie horror killers but it sent me down a deep rabbit hole.
Note that this list is incomplete and probably contains multiple debatable numbers.
Please check out the list, and provide additions, feedback, etc. Killcount is at/towards the end of each entry.

*The Fisherman- I Know What You Did Last Summer movies- 18
*The Thing- From the 3 movies based on the "Who Goes There" novel- 20
*Norman Bates- Psycho series including Bates Motel TV series- 20
*The Creeper- Jeepers Creepers series- 20
*Jaws- shark series. Note that this is highly questionable as it is different sharks in each movie, but I'll leave it in despite this. 21
*Candyman- 22
*Pennywise- It movies and series. 31.
*Pinhead- Hellraiser series. I found counts ranging from 35 to 59. I am guessing that some kills by different Cenobites were given to Pinhead?
*Leatherface- Texas Chainsaw Massacre series. A surprisingly low 32. Note that the family has 85 total kills in the series. Also many dead bodies embalmed in the family house(s) and I'm sure LF is responsible for some, but how many? I'm not sure.
*Chucky- Counts ranging from 38 to 45. This includes the recent reboot.
*Death- Final Destination series- 39 to 45. Note that this obviously doesn't include exploding planes or collapsing bridges, etc. which would up the count probably a couple hundred.
*Sadako/Samara- The Ringu series. This one is a bit of a mess as there are about 5 or 6 related Japanese films on which I can't easily find counts. Additionally there is a plane crash which could add more. But a very rough estimate (without the plane crash) would be in the 35-40 range.
*Freddie Kruger- Nightmare on Elm Street series. 39 to 46.
*The Tall Man- Phantasm movies. Hard to verify but I see the number 46 being bandied about.
*Lubdun- Leprechaun series. 45
*Ghostface- Scream (movies only) like Jaws, another highly questionable entry as different persons wore the masks in each film. I also didn't include the TV series in this instance since the killer wore a different mask and was referred to as The Lakewood Killer. I could be wrong on not including it (I didn't see the series) so correct me if that is the case. Anyways.........49
*Victor Crowley- Hatchet movies. 50
*Angela Baker- Sleepaway Camp movies- 55
*Jigsaw- Saw movies. 60 to 91. I think the 60 is closer to correct and the additional can be attributed to a couple of copy cat killers? But if Jaws and Scream count their non-original killers kills, then maybe these do also? You be the judge.
*Carrie White- Carrie movies- 73. Most are (at least somewhat) indirect but still count in my book.
*Hannibal Lector- Silence of Lamb related movies. 89, but this includes the TV series. He actually didn't have all that many in the movies with none in Manhunter, and Hannibal.
*Kayako and Toshia- from Ju-On/The Grudge movies- about 90? It will be boosted whenever the post-Covid reboot comes out.
*The Invisible Man- Apparently he has about 125 if you include this years entry! But apparently this does include a trainwreck which is debatable since I didn't give Death killcounts for similar events in the Final Destination series, or Samara's plane crash in the Ring series.
*Michael Myers- Halloween movies- 133
*Jason Vorhees- Friday the 13th movies- 155.
Notably not included are some long time original movie monsters. So much history and so many movies, it is too much for me to unravel for this post. Apologies.
*Dracula- at least 60 movies and series are officially recognized with some estimates hitting up to 190 films(!) in the pantheon. I'm guessing that he would easily be the leader if I could muster a complete count.
*Frankenstein's Monster- Similar to Dracula, a crapload of movies on the character but a much lower bodycount overall than the vampire king.
*The Wolfman- Another original movie monster with lots of credits but blurred lineage.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then! I just watched Verotika which is written, and directed by metal icon Glenn Danzig, and I feel a bit dumber and dirtier for it.

I have heard rumors that this is the horror equivalent of The Room but it appears to be far worse (though I haven't seen The Room, it gets a 3.7 on imdb while Verotika gets a 1.9 which is the worst rating I think I've ever seen!)

This one "has it all". Horrible acting, horrible direction, crappy fxs, incomprehensible storylines that go nowhere. It really is one of the worst things I have ever seen (with apologies to Ulli Lommel's Zombie Nation). So exactly what do we have?

Glenn obviously watched some RZ movies and thought "Hey, I could do that!", then he went around Las Vegas (where he infamously lives in an all-black mansion surrounded by dead vegetation) and hire up a bunch of strippers and pørnstars (literally) and make a decent horror anthology. Sadly, he was oh so wrong.

The movie starts with a stripper in the Cryptkeeper type role telling us about the different tales. I'd rank on her for having no screen presence or menace required for the role but she isn't any worse than anyone else.

The first story is about a hooker whose id takes actual physical form as a big albino man spider that kills anyone that crosses her (and others) by snapping their necks. Oh, her nipples are eyes that can cry for no reason, and it is set in France, which makes for horrible accents all around. "Highlights" are the lead's bloated collagen lips, and some bad wardrobe issues with the man-spider (obvious head mask line not covered with make up, piece of costume dangling off of crotch). Some creepy visuals and fxs but overall it is baffling bad.

The 2nd story is about a stripper with a scarred up face goes around cutting the faces off of women and wearing them during her act, though she covers her face for said act so I don't get the point. The cops chasing her have horrible dialog and can't act. The main cop is particularly horrible. She slices off some faces, gets shot by cops, runs away, then somehow ends up stripping in the same club with big bullet scars on her torso. But hey, that's not at all suspicious!

The 3rd tale is a retelling of the Elizabeth Bathory legend about the royalty that bathed in the blood of young virgins to retain her youth. Of the 3 stories this one has by far the best in costuming, location, sets, etc. The acting is still bad and the tale really goes nowhere. Sadly despite being the best fxs, sets, costuming, etc it is also the most boring of the 3 tales. While it could maybe be argued that the first 2 are "So bad, they're good" this last one is more yawn than anything else.

It's just sad what Glenn decides to leave in the movie. The aforementioned wardrobe issues, horrible dialog, and even worse acting are just the tip of the iceberg. The lighting is flat, and often too bright. One scene has a fully visible mic pack strapped to a stripper's leg as she ascends the stairs. Other scenes have crew members clearly visible in background shots (why leave those in? Cut the shot, or re-shot, or crop the image! F'n LAZY!!). At one point a ragged piece of broken sheetrock covers half of the ceiling area it is supposed to. UGH! Many scenes just drag on with nothing happening for 30 seconds after the director should have cut, which leads to actors doing nothing, or glancing at the camera in confusion. Also, and I can't reiterate this point strongly enough, DON'T HIRE YOUR FAVORITE STRIPPERS AND P-STARS AS ALL OF YOUR MAIN ACTORS!!

Was there anything good? Well, some decent sets in the Bathory tale, but other than that......gore and bweebs! Lots and lots of bweebies, so Chef might appreciate some of it?

As a metal fan, I have enjoyed Danzig's music somewhat but I've never been a big fan persay. But please, please, please never, ever let him direct again!

1.5 outta 10. Avoid unless you are looking for a trainwreck.

If you want a kinda good Danzig horror tale, watch the "When Gods Kill" video instead. Goth/Geiger/Lovecraft influences on a pretty cool song. It also has bweebs!

So it's worse than the made for TV Sy Fy movies?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a movie but the excellent "Haunting of" series on Netflix is back October 9 with the Haunting of Bly Manor. Based on the turn of the screw.

I'm erect.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's worse than the made for TV Sy Fy movies?
Yes, it is worse than SyFy fare if only because Danizg takes it all too seriously. If you are going to churn out crap you at least have to be aware and acknowledge it!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to try to define the most prolific movie horror killers but it sent me down a deep rabbit hole.
Note that this list is incomplete and probably contains multiple debatable numbers.
Please check out the list, and provide additions, feedback, etc. Killcount is at/towards the end of each entry.

*Jaws- shark series. Note that this is highly questionable as it is different sharks in each movie, but I'll leave it in despite this. 21
*Candyman- 22
*Pinhead- Hellraiser series. I found counts ranging from 35 to 59. I am guessing that some kills by different Cenobites were given to Pinhead?
*Leatherface- Texas Chainsaw Massacre series. A surprisingly low 32. Note that the family has 85 total kills in the series. Also many dead bodies embalmed in the family house(s) and I'm sure LF is responsible for some, but how many? I'm not sure.
*Death- Final Destination series- 39 to 45. Note that this obviously doesn't include exploding planes or collapsing bridges, etc. which would up the count probably a couple hundred.
*Sadako/Samara- The Ringu series. This one is a bit of a mess as there are about 5 or 6 related Japanese films on which I can't easily find counts. Additionally there is a plane crash which could add more. But a very rough estimate (without the plane crash) would be in the 35-40 range.
*The Tall Man- Phantasm movies. Hard to verify but I see the number 46 being bandied about.
*Ghostface- Scream (movies only) like Jaws, another highly questionable entry as different persons wore the masks in each film. I also didn't include the TV series in this instance since the killer wore a different mask and was referred to as The Lakewood Killer. I could be wrong on not including it (I didn't see the series) so correct me if that is the case. Anyways.........49
*Jigsaw- Saw movies. 60 to 91. I think the 60 is closer to correct and the additional can be attributed to a couple of copy cat killers? But if Jaws and Scream count their non-original killers kills, then maybe these do also? You be the judge.
*Carrie White- Carrie movies- 73. Most are (at least somewhat) indirect but still count in my book.
*Hannibal Lector- Silence of Lamb related movies. 89, but this includes the TV series. He actually didn't have all that many in the movies with none in Manhunter, and Hannibal.
*Kayako and Toshia- from Ju-On/The Grudge movies- about 90? It will be boosted whenever the post-Covid reboot comes out.
*The Invisible Man- Apparently he has about 125 if you include this years entry! But apparently this does include a trainwreck which is debatable since I didn't give Death killcounts for similar events in the Final Destination series, or Samara's plane crash in the Ring series.
Notably not included are some long time original movie monsters. So much history and so many movies, it is too much for me to unravel for this post. Apologies.
*Dracula- at least 60 movies and series are officially recognized with some estimates hitting up to 190 films(!) in the pantheon. I'm guessing that he would easily be the leader if I could muster a complete count.
*Frankenstein's Monster- Similar to Dracula, a crapload of movies on the character but a much lower bodycount overall than the vampire king.
*The Wolfman- Another original movie monster with lots of credits but blurred lineage.
This is content right here... You’re the man jakedog!

I’ve always gotten lost in these discussions because of how picky choosy they can be, and how much factoring goes into it. But also my own disdain for certain killers not getting what they deserve. For example, if Victor Salva wasn’t such a pedo then the Creeper could have tripled his body count by now.

What’s the body counts on The Thing? Or the Odet Family (Wrong Turn), or Long One (Slither), or... man I could go on & on lol

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soon GIF

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*Candyman- 22
Any chance you can find out the amount for The Leprechaun movies and the toys from the Puppermaster series?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*Candyman- 22

I’ve always gotten lost in these discussions because of how picky choosy they can be, and how much factoring goes into it. But also my own disdain for certain killers not getting what they deserve. For example, if Victor Salva wasn’t such a pedo then the Creeper could have tripled his body count by now.

What’s the body counts on The Thing? Or the Odet Family (Wrong Turn), or Long One (Slither), or... man I could go on & on lol

No mention of the original The Blob? That had a pretty high kill count in one movie... :tsk:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Thing is already at the start of the list with 20.

However I did forget the Wrong Turn series. As I recall, the laughing one is the only character in all of the movies so I'll see what I can find on him, but not the entire family (much like TCM where I focused solely on Leatherface).
Any chance you can find out the amount for The Leprechaun movies and the toys from the Puppermaster series?
Lubdun the Leprechaun is already on the list, near the middle with 45.

I will try to find the Puppetmaster numbers. Surprisingly I don't think I've ever seen a movie from this series all the way through. Are the puppets considered to be controlled by a single entity and all kills counted as thus, or is there a singular main puppet I should focus on? I'll have to figure that out.
No mention of the original The Blob? That had a pretty high kill count in one movie... :tsk:
The Blob! It never even crossed my mind. I know there were at least one or two sequels/remakes. I'll see what I can cover.......in slime!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the search function is on the fritz, but just watched The Perfection on Netflix.

Going in knowing nothing, this was a nice little psychological thriller.
You're never quite sure what's going on, has some nice twists, maybe a few plot holes you could drive a truck through, but I found it highly entertaining

7.5/10 for an unexpected little gem.
Just watched this last night & I agree. An unexpected gem! Definitely worth the watch! Great performances and good twists. But that ending scene.... just WTF???! I mean.... just.... why? Lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However I did forget the Wrong Turn series. As I recall, the laughing one is the only character in all of the movies so I'll see what I can find on him, but not the entire family (much like TCM where I focused solely on Leatherface).
I had a feeling 1 or 2 of those were already listed! Sorry was scanning the list from my phone!

Good point! See I’m already getting crossed!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blob! It never even crossed my mind. I know there were at least one or two sequels/remakes. I'll see what I can cover.......in slime!
Yeah, there was a sequel in the 70s, and a remake in the 80s.

I know Rob Zombie attempted to, but i think it got handed off to someone ele. Whether or not it ever finished, I don't know. Maybe @FaCe-LeE-uS knows?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there was a sequel in the 70s, and a remake in the 80s.

I know Rob Zombie attempted to, but i think it got handed off to someone ele. Whether or not it ever finished, I don't know. Maybe @FaCe-LeE-uS knows?
Yea Zombie announced it back around the time his Halloween II (2009) came out. From what I recall he was doing all the concept work and pitching the ideas to the producers & copyright owners, but he must have encountered a lot of friction. Obviously RZ loves to twists ideas and I’m guessing that didn’t sit well with the producers & owners. He walked away from it. He hates doing remakes unless he can make it his own. I think he got exhausted with the remake concept & backlash during his Halloween projects.

Last I heard Simon West has picked up the project but I don’t think it has gone very far. I think I even remember good ol’ Samuel L Jackson being announced as cast in the remake lol.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lubdun the Leprechaun is already on the list, near the middle with 45.

I will try to find the Puppetmaster numbers. Surprisingly I don't think I've ever seen a movie from this series all the way through. Are the puppets considered to be controlled by a single entity and all kills counted as thus, or is there a singular main puppet I should focus on? I'll have to figure that out.

I believe each puppet has their own identity but believe that it’s one person that brought them back to life. I haven’t seen many of the movies, so I don’t remember entirely if that’s correct or not.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Zombie announced it back around the time his Halloween II (2009) came out. From what I recall he was doing all the concept work and pitching the ideas to the producers & copyright owners, but he must have encountered a lot of friction. Obviously RZ loves to twists ideas and I’m guessing that didn’t sit well with the producers & owners. He walked away from it. He hates doing remakes unless he can make it his own. I think he got exhausted with the remake concept & backlash during his Halloween projects.

Last I heard Simon West has picked up the project but I don’t think it has gone very far. I think I even remember good ol’ Samuel L Jackson being announced as cast in the remake lol.
Samuel Jackson would've been badass... he's getting old though, now. His last couple of movies, he's kinda looked dogged.