• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it's online, had you watched it previously or watched it now? hope you watched it if you found my spoiler funny. i stand by it. good mood setting, but end of the day, that fact remains.
Yep the spoiler makes a lot more sense now! Sinners!

pretty meh movie overall. Decent mood but nothing interesting ever really happens. Slow burn but not predictable. You get the sense of what’s going to happen early on but they did a good job of throwing you off multiple times: is it the girl, no now it’s the kids, maybe the supernatural, no it’s definitely back to the girl... lol Wish it had shown some of their more elaborate stunts. And my wife was hung up on the dog & couldn’t move past it lol. I kept trying to convince her that I thought that was more of an accident, which eventually led to revealing everything. But she thought it was more on purpose, which is too dark for her lol

Good way to ruin a movie for my wife is to fuck with animals!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the cookie cache overloads.

HOW TO CLEAR TWITTER.COM COOKIES FROM GOOGLE CHROME:
* Go to twitter.com
* To the left of the address bar, click the green text that says Twitter, inc. [US]
* Click cookies from the menu that appeared
* Click remove until there are no more left

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the thread.
Is there a movie (on Prime or Netflix) that you think is truly scary? I've watched many horror films. The gore doesn't do anything for me. In fact I find too much gore to be annoying and it's never been scary to me.
I've seen most older horror flicks up until around 2010.
One of the scariest for me was Candyman, but I am not a horror movie aficionado.

Try Sinister.

No movie has really 'scared' me in many, many years, but Sinister's premise is very ... evil.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Hereditary last night.

Pretty good, pretty good.

The first half was VERY slow and sometimes unneccessarily so, but now I see what they were trying to do with hidden meanings and symbology and what not.

Ending was good, pretty evil and creepy, though the whole 'Satan's Cult' thing is a little overdone.

This movie mastered creating a creepy ambience. There were many points in the movie where I wasn't even sure why something was creepy, like a painting or a person, but they just were.

The whole ... social commentary thing was overblown. It's a pretty straightforward 'evil'lurks' type horror flick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lodge (2019)

That was a considerable wait for such a disappointing movie. This film was released in Europe late last year, but didn't hit cinemas until 2020. Still had to wait 4.5 months before it finally became streamable online. Guess I should have taken that as a clue for the quality of the material if piraters weren't rushing to get it online.

This movie follows the recent trend of horror-dramas that are more concerned with telling a compelling story that slowly builds tension to a powerful climax. This movie does a good job of creating a mood and writing a fairly creative mystery plot, however it just really wasn't all that compelling. Aside from all the misdirection twists nothing very interesting happens until the climax. There really wasn't any horror. It does just enough to keep you interested in seeing how the mystery plays out, but it was a very dull experience. The characters were fairly blasé. I didn't really feel at any point like I was invested in any of the characters even though I thought the acting was decent. Grace had an ominous background but it doesn't do a good enough job of making her character arc stronger &/or more compelling. Her role in the climax felt like it lacked the impact they were looking for.

Pretty meh movie overall. Decent mood but a very dull experience. I think the writing could have been a lot better across the board. It was a very slow burn but not predictable. You get the sense of what’s going to happen early on but they did a good job of throwing you off multiple times. However, I felt by the time the climax hit I was fairly disinterested & the impact fell flat.

Dull horror-drama... 5.5/10

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the text i got from my parents doesn't seem as odd now. let me know a creepshow series is airing on AMC tonight. had to check to make sure... yeah, that aired on shudder back in October. guess they're just looking for new programming options where they can find them.

just watched the new rick and morty and saw paul giamatti was in it. so, currently watching John Dies at the End, as one does.

also, if you see Dreamkatcher and think it's worth a watch, give it a hard pass, no bueno.

if you want to see a terribly dumb horror movie to the point of great hilarity, i'd suggest shakma.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fmovies, StreamCR & SolarMovies are my main ones. I'm always open for recommendations though!
i generally start on primewire.li to see if something came out. if it's something i want to watch or think needs to be in the optimal version visually, i head on over to look for the best version on warez-bb.org.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the text i got from my parents doesn't seem as odd now. let me know a creepshow series is airing on AMC tonight. had to check to make sure... yeah, that aired on shudder back in October. guess they're just looking for new programming options where they can find them.

just watched the new rick and morty and saw paul giamatti was in it. so, currently watching John Dies at the End, as one does.

also, if you see Dreamkatcher and think it's worth a watch, give it a hard pass, no bueno.

if you want to see a terribly dumb horror movie to the point of great hilarity, i'd suggest shakma.
Just watched Dreamkatcher last Friday.... and yea... that sucked! Lin Shaye suddenly doesn’t seem like as big of a star as I thought. She was part of the executive production team for that crap. Plus her acting was pretty lame in it. Were the writers & directors of her previous acting films just that much better at showcasing their actors?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Dreamkatcher last Friday.... and yea... that sucked! Lin Shaye suddenly doesn’t seem like as big of a star as I thought. She was part of the executive production team for that crap. Plus her acting was pretty lame in it. Were the writers & directors of her previous acting films just that much better at showcasing their actors?
it just seemed shoddy all the way around, storyline, etc, the level of acting was just out of my mind. though with the convolutedness of the storyline actually reminds me a bit of the lodge. dead mom (check), leave the new flame alone with him/her/them in an excluded setting (check). just dumb shit. she's been a horror star since insidious (at least that's when i recall her coming onto the scene outside of the kingpin cameo), i'm sure if i looked it up i know i'd be familiar with more of her work. again, just think it was just shit story/acting/directing/etc whatever it takes to put a movie together. also, pretty sure EP doesn't mean much outside of you gave money to this project or your presence on this film deserves at least that.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone get to watch Creepshow last night on AMC? I was wondering if the episodes were pretty good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just seemed shoddy all the way around, storyline, etc, the level of acting was just out of my mind. though with the convolutedness of the storyline actually reminds me a bit of the lodge. dead mom (check), leave the new flame alone with him/her/them in an excluded setting (check). just dumb shit. she's been a horror star since insidious (at least that's when i recall her coming onto the scene outside of the kingpin cameo), i'm sure if i looked it up i know i'd be familiar with more of her work. again, just think it was just shit story/acting/directing/etc whatever it takes to put a movie together. also, pretty sure EP doesn't mean much outside of you gave money to this project or your presence on this film deserves at least that.
Lol... Almost verbatim to what my wife said: "This is literally turning into The Lodge, just in a different climate". :pound:

Shaye... You make some great points here. She was probably DOA as soon as she signed on. And yea I'm pretty sure EP does mean something along the lines of "financial backer" lol. She would have been pitched the project and read the full script long before it made it to production... You would think somewhere along the lines she could have picked up on this being a bit of a mess. They must have blown their budget wad on the cast, because the writer & director are as green as they get. Neither has done much at all in the industry. The writer, Dan Shea, has only 1 short video credit to his name and he wrote the entire screenplay for this movie. The director, Kerry Harris, has done 10-12 TV episodes for TV shows I've never even heard of (Grip & Electric, :Dryvrs)... Indie maybe? Point is, neither seemed suited for the job and Shaye, whom has worked with some of the best in the industry, should have known this could be a disaster. But then again, it probably wasn't up to her after she signed the check.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone get to watch Creepshow last night on AMC? I was wondering if the episodes were pretty good.
Been meaning to check this show out. Seeing lots of great reviews.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caught them back in october when they launched on shudder.

they had a bunch of premises but none of the stories ever felt fully developed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i generally start on primewire.li to see if something came out. if it's something i want to watch or think needs to be in the optimal version visually, i head on over to look for the best version on warez-bb.org.
Never heard of either but will check them out. Thanks for the recs! I stumbled upon Fmovies & StreamCR via reddit recommendations. Both have great platforms (user friendly) and are always updated when better versions hit the web.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lodge (2019)

That was a considerable wait for such a disappointing movie. This film was released in Europe late last year, but didn't hit cinemas until 2020. Still had to wait 4.5 months before it finally became streamable online. Guess I should have taken that as a clue for the quality of the material if piraters weren't rushing to get it online.

This movie follows the recent trend of horror-dramas that are more concerned with telling a compelling story that slowly builds tension to a powerful climax. This movie does a good job of creating a mood and writing a fairly creative mystery plot, however it just really wasn't all that compelling. Aside from all the misdirection twists nothing very interesting happens until the climax. There really wasn't any horror. It does just enough to keep you interested in seeing how the mystery plays out, but it was a very dull experience. The characters were fairly blasé. I didn't really feel at any point like I was invested in any of the characters even though I thought the acting was decent. Grace had an ominous background but it doesn't do a good enough job of making her character arc stronger &/or more compelling. Her role in the climax felt like it lacked the impact they were looking for.

Pretty meh movie overall. Decent mood but a very dull experience. I think the writing could have been a lot better across the board. It was a very slow burn but not predictable. You get the sense of what’s going to happen early on but they did a good job of throwing you off multiple times. However, I felt by the time the climax hit I was fairly disinterested & the impact fell flat.

Dull horror-drama... 5.5/10

Yep, this is exactly how I felt. I didn't even finish the movie, probably will but I was so disappointed and frustrated, I couldn't lol...or I fell asleep, I can't remember...that's how easily forgotten this movie will become

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of these new horror movies, for the most part, being average to brutal. The quality for the most part hasn't been good overall for about a year now. The best movies I have watched were probably more thriller/action than horror. Haven't been too many true horror movies that I have liked in some time.