• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horrible SS contracts of past and present collide - NYY @ TEX 7/27-7/30

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone know anything about the LHP we got along with Hamels?

Situational lefty that throws a sinker 70% of the time with
an average speed of 97mph. One of the fastest leftys in baseball.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's very possible, but I think people are just worried about being the team to get fleeced. You ought to read that Cowlishaw article I posted. Just make sure there are no firearms or destructive objects within your reach when you do. It's complete trash.

Its such a click-bait article too.... if that's the kind of article/writing they are going to spit out... I'm open to a career change. I can throw everything at the wall and see which shit sticks just about as well as these guys can.

Also, this...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's very possible, but I think people are just worried about being the team to get fleeced. You ought to read that Cowlishaw article I posted. Just make sure there are no firearms or destructive objects within your reach when you do. It's complete trash.

Understood.....No one wants to feel like the village idiot, and frankly, in some cases a person (s) job could be on the line. I certainly don't think JD's is but Amaro's was before this, so I can't imagine his butt isn't already on the horse, and the rope is strung up in the tree. And I also fully realize the win/win is difficult to come by b/c it's so often dependent on who's doing the hindsight evaluation as to how it all worked out.

Cowlishaw........I saw that earlier, and frankly, it pissed me off. And ya know, I normally am a pretty big fan of his, but I thought this was OVER the top from a negative standpoint. His attitude comes across that JD's ass is on the line for 2015. It's playoffs or bust, and I think that's 100% incorrect!

I don't see this in any way, shape, or form as a trade made out of desperation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, they do it because a lot of fans are morons who eat that shit up. I noted on here last night about how many phillies fans online were claiming that their team had been totally fleeced by the Rangers.

I was listening too 105.3 this morning and they aired a portion of a Philly talk show host, and one of his Minions interviewed (according to said Minion) 50 local baseball fans and 45 of them said they wouldn't recognize Cole Hamels on the street. Now how absurd is this?

And in case some of ya don't know, Hamels is a stand-up guy, and has done some fantastic charity work (his own foundation which he & family fund 100% of the administrative cost) in the Philly community since 2008. He'll be a credit to the team in the locker-room, off the field and hopefully lead us on the mound for years to come.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="donaldson79, post: 6962797, member: I don't see this in any way, shape, or form as a trade made out of desperation.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence post with regards to JD. His record isn't very impressive since Nolan was shown the door.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rangers Fans.....2016 should be fun

And they are still only what? 4 games out of a WC this season?

Not counting tonights loss?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="donaldson79, post: 6962797, member: I don't see this in any way, shape, or form as a trade made out of desperation.

I'm on the fence post with regards to JD. His record isn't very impressive since Nolan was shown the door.[/QUOTE]

They'd had bad luck injury wise. I'm glad JD has been aggressive regardless how the trades ended up working out. Nolan was never that involved with personnel...which is something many don't realize. Sure did they get his input here & there or maybe with the pitching staff then yes possibly but Nolan had almost nothing to do with personnel moves while he was here.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Alfaro walked only 9 times and K'd 61 times at Frisco this season? That's awful.

I hated to lose Thompson, and Williams more than him.

Yes, I know he's young and catchers are very, very hard to find. But his catching hasn't progressed much and he sure didn't get any better this season due to his unfortunate injury.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence post with regards to JD. His record isn't very impressive since Nolan was shown the door.

If the rotation JD put together had ever been the rotation that actually appeared on the field, no one questions him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'd had bad luck injury wise. I'm glad JD has been aggressive regardless how the trades ended up working out. Nolan was never that involved with personnel...which is something many don't realize. Sure did they get his input here & there or maybe with the pitching staff then yes possibly but Nolan had almost nothing to do with personnel moves while he was here.[/QUOTE]
I can respect a different opinion on Nolan, but they always seem to come at the expense of trashing him and down playing his value to what this team became during his watch. IMO Nolan Ryan changed the entire culture of this organization...sorry if that makes anyone feel uncomfortable. Was and is Nolan getting older and did he value other aspects about life? Sure, and I had no problem with the direction ownership decided to go. BUT, things have turned as they have and it's not just dumb bad luck with injuries. It's the culture that has me a bit concerned. I've watched a lot of Texas Ranger baseball teams over the many years that had good players having good years and still never contended. It's the game within the game that may of been lost and I think JD has much work to do after the last two seasons

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does not work for me....we knew many of these guys were questions coming into this season

Last season we were supposed to have Darvish Holland Perez Harrison leading the way. Those 4 never appeared in the rotation at the same time. The reasons why have absolutely zero to do with Jon Daniels. He did his part.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rangers Fans.....2016 should be fun

And they are still only what? 4 games out of a WC this season?

Not counting tonights loss?
Yankees can't win em all. Actually, this pitching match up is hard to tell. Depends which pitcher shows up. In Gallardo's case it is a matter of getting his command back together.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where many Angels fans were just pissing and moaning about Trout being out and now having to face Kershaw and Greinke after Houston with Kazmir tonight. Seems we had that gauntlet once. I wish we could be complaining about missing one major player for a few games instead of an entire starting rotation.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Stark:
The details of the Hamels' trade underscores: PHI had far less leverage than expected, and were greatly boxed in by his no-trade provision.
Really interesting detail from @jaysonst: Rangers effectively responsible for only $40 million in landing Cole Hamels for the next 3 years

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays get Price. The Dodgers pretty much have to trade for Gallardo now, right?