• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question for Patriot's fans

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally didn't think the evidence added up to the type of punishment we saw handed out initially....

....now after seeing all the threads trying to justify or explain away the cheating, I think Brady should be banned for life and the Pat's franchise folded.
...Hey,.........maybe we"ll be following jaxonville to jolly ol' England....!?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More probably than not, the answer would be yes.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did have them deflated...no one takes this seriously because it absolutely shreds peoples cases...

my take...brady DID have these idiots do this...take ref approved (and repumped) balls and deflate them quickly before the game...with no gauge, and no time. ilegal, yes. but the intention wasnt to go below 12.5...

he wanted them at 12.5

they use a needle, no gauge, and puff air out to what they "think" is 12.5. its why i think brady was so adamant that he "doesnt think he cheats". in his mind, he doesnt. he asked for 12.5...and got a wide range because it was done quickly, unscientifically, and by 2 adult teenage girls.

plausible?

yup

possible?

definitely

will people here take it seriously? no.
There is no reason to have them remove air after the refs check them to only go to 12.5. He can have them do that before giving them to the refs. The refs aren't going to pump up balls over 12.5 if they are already there.

We have agreed that even taking them to say 12.0 isn't a big deal. I'm right there. Not really caring about that. It's the lying about it and covering up that he's in trouble for. Punishment fits the crime? I've been on the fence over that as well. The punishment should meet the level of proof of the crime and I don't know if that's been done here. I'm waiting for the appeal process to help decide that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to have them remove air after the refs check them to only go to 12.5. He can have them do that before giving them to the refs. The refs aren't going to pump up balls over 12.5 if they are already there.

We have agreed that even taking them to say 12.0 isn't a big deal. I'm right there. Not really caring about that. It's the lying about it and covering up that he's in trouble for. Punishment fits the crime? I've been on the fence over that as well. The punishment should meet the level of proof of the crime and I don't know if that's been done here. I'm waiting for the appeal process to help decide that.
good lord you dont get it either.

if theyre at 12.0, they will inflate to anywhere in the legal range. brady prefers 12.5

again, going back to the ideal gas law and filling balls in a warm room and going outside...

and i tend to agree its not the infraction its the coverup.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give them to them at 12.5 the refs have no reason to fill them.

Really, when did the game come down to this point anyway? Take them back to when the refs were completely in charge of them and players didn't get to prep their own and just be done with this nonsense.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give them to them at 12.5 the refs have no reason to fill them.

Really, when did the game come down to this point anyway? Take them back to when the refs were completely in charge of them and players didn't get to prep their own and just be done with this nonsense.
again, one more time.

if theyre at 12.5, they go outside and falls to 12.0, they get re-inflated.

i 100% agree with your take on the balls and the refs having control. the league opened a huge can of worms with this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs check the balls before the game inside their officials room don't they? No reason for them to fall below 12.5 before inspection if they are checked inside by the ball boys and then verified by the refs, all inside.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that theory however is that the NFL will set them at 12.5 for you. That is an acceptable level. So why not just do it legally?

Because that doesn't help the constant attempts to pretend Brady really didn't do anything wrong and the Pats are just being unjustly attacked again?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good lord you dont get it either.

if theyre at 12.0, they will inflate to anywhere in the legal range. brady prefers 12.5

again, going back to the ideal gas law and filling balls in a warm room and going outside...

and i tend to agree its not the infraction its the coverup.

Sometimes it's better to just admit things then to keep fighting a fight that we all hope you couldn't possibly even think makes any sense or has any chance whatsoever of being true. But, since I've read your posts over the last few months...

Serious question: Do you think Brady wins his appeal?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't just Brady. It's Hoodie too.
There is a reason why the Pats fumbled waaaaay less than any other team in the NFL.
Deflating doesn't just help the WRs catch the ball, it also help the RBs squeeze the football and hold on to it.
This is Hoodie at his best. Push any rule he can to the limit and try not to get caught.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs check the balls before the game inside their officials room don't they? No reason for them to fall below 12.5 before inspection if they are checked inside by the ball boys and then verified by the refs, all inside.
yes, they do. the room the pats used to fill the balls is "extremely hot'...on purpose. possible they could fall going to a cooler room?

yes.

if a rooms 90 degrees when you fill and you go to a 65 degree room...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't just Brady. It's Hoodie too.
There is a reason why the Pats fumbled waaaaay less than any other team in the NFL.
Deflating doesn't just help the WRs catch the ball, it also help the RBs squeeze the football and hold on to it.
This is Hoodie at his best. Push any rule he can to the limit and try not to get caught.
no, its not lol

study metrics sometime.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is that the Pats owner and Brady took too strong a position from the outset, adamantly denying everything, saying more than was necessary and making dumb threats. So, this backed them into the corner they are now in - hard to admit that all that posturing was a bunch of smoke, now they have to fight it out. Really stupid in retrospect, they should have kept their mouths shut until the report came out, or just admitted that Brady asked for the balls to be set to the permissible minimum, and there was a misunderstanding with that instruction. Now they face the world with a scandal that has been blown way beyond any sensible proportion.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its not lol

study metrics sometime.

Ok so you really think this was all Brady? And had nothing to do with Hoodie? And softer balls :lol: doesn't help RBs hang onto the ball? Have you seen the stats how good the Pats were at hanging onto the ball versus other teams? It's wasn't even close.

How long can you sit here and act like these guys don't cheat? First it's spygate. Now this.

Is it denial? Or delirious too?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good lord read the report

thats what the patriots are claiming they did...you know, the ideal gas law and mona lisa vito????

Is that why they did it in the bathroom? If they were doing it legally why not out in the open?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Brady only wanted this done to 12.5 :lol:

What an excuse man!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why they did it in the bathroom? If they were doing it legally why not out in the open?
its not legal to remove air after the officials inspect and re-inflate.