• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF Ballot Released

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar is like top 35 all time OPS and David Ortiz is easily going to get in. It's BS if Edgar doesn't. That said, if he gets in I feel like instead of his amazing batting it'll be because they want to make a case for DH and make David an auto first balance. I mean Jesus, Edgar had an award named after him for ALL DHs, and since the NL will likely move to the DH position anyway.. put it the fuck on there. If Edgar doesn't get in and ANY other DH does, the voting rules need to be changed.

And if Edgar played for the Yankees or Red Sox (or any other major market or east coast team), he'd already LONG been in.
I'm hoping the NL does NOT go to the DL. Ruins the game for me. I'm old school and like small ball and strategy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the NL does NOT go to the DL. Ruins the game for me. I'm old school and like small ball and strategy.
I am hoping they actually just make the entire game a HR derby. All that other stuff just gets in th3 way.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. I prefer the style it is now and love pitcher duels. That said, die hard baseball fans are going to watch regardless (may lose a few but doubt it), but the MLB can attract all the douches and just going to say it... a lot of females with BIG SCORES and BIG HOMERS, AND EXCITING THINGS, and OOOH SCORING!!!!1111!

NFL did the same thing with all their bogus rules that favored offenses until they started f'ing it up recently with suspensions, mass flags for stupid shit, politics in sports, etc.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Livingston, Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Jim Thome
Omar Vizquel

That's his ballot. Thanks a lot Cleveland.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such bullshit.

Its bad, but isnt it THAT bad... he left out Manny Ramirez, which tells me steroids over Indians... which then tells you why he did not have Bonds and Clemens on his list...

The only player he left out that is a clear HOFer is Chipper... but everyone else is a borderliner...

you got to remember, defensive SS have historically made the HOF...

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bad, but isnt it THAT bad... he left out Manny Ramirez, which tells me steroids over Indians... which then tells you why he did not have Bonds and Clemens on his list...

The only player he left out that is a clear HOFer is Chipper... but everyone else is a borderliner...

Last year he submitted an empty ballot in "protest" over a lack of directive on the steroids era players. But this year he decides it's OK to break from his protest to vote for two Cleveland players.

So he's willing to stand up for his principles...right up until his hometown players might be impacted. Then he just becomes a horrible HOF voter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both the players that he voted for can be defended. And if he was from the Miami Sun Times, it would almost be acceptable. But he clearly submitted that ballot based on homer tendencies. Horrible ballot.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be great if some rich .com billionaire like a Mark Cuban or something who is also a baseball nerd would just open up their own baseball museum
I agree with you. I prefer the style it is now and love pitcher duels. That said, die hard baseball fans are going to watch regardless (may lose a few but doubt it), but the MLB can attract all the douches and just going to say it... a lot of females with BIG SCORES and BIG HOMERS, AND EXCITING THINGS, and OOOH SCORING!!!!1111!

NFL did the same thing with all their bogus rules that favored offenses until they started f'ing it up recently with suspensions, mass flags for stupid shit, politics in sports, etc.
Did you watch this past season? Homeruns are back

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose-Pete-3732-92_Bat_PF_web.jpg

THAT GUY IS A HOFer!

he's "IN" or no vote here.
At one time most people assumed Pete would be in the Hall and the guy behind him would be President or at least Governor by now. Sometimes things don't end up like we think they will.

On a side note, that's actually the best Pete's hair has ever looked.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know we're coming off the most HR-happy season in MLB history, right? MLB's also seen scoring go from 4.07 R/G to 4.65 just over the last four seasons. Not quite on par with 1999-2000, but that's a still a pretty big spike.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he submitted an empty ballot in "protest" over a lack of directive on the steroids era players. But this year he decides it's OK to break from his protest to vote for two Cleveland players.

So he's willing to stand up for his principles...right up until his hometown players might be impacted. Then he just becomes a horrible HOF voter.

Yeah, that is just absurd. He is pulling stunts like these just to get his name out there. He's making a mockery of it and needs his vote stripped.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant by I prefer the style it is now is no DH in the NL.

Yes there are more home runs already. I'm sure that MLB would love to have NFL scores if they could... hence why I think DH will become widespread.

I hope it doesn't. The DH should never have been created. And I say that as a fan of an AL team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it doesn't. The DH should never have been created. And I say that as a fan of an AL team.
As much as I hate the DH, I am getting more and more resigned to the fact that it is coming. Millennials are social media morons, and the whole idea of the DH feeds right into that mindset. Understanding the concept of a choice (pinch hitting for your pitcher) having consequences (your pitcher is now out of the game) is something they simply can’t appreciate. They want 10-8 games because they don’t understand the idea that anticipation of a run is more rewarding than actually getting a run. How can you sit on the edge of your seat twitching your leg while watching a 12-14 game? That game simply doesn’t have the intensity of a 3-2 game.

And one more thing...

51663322.jpg