• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hmmm?...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just too god damn lazy to throw facts at this guy. RA's doing a fine job at it, but as we can all see, it's just an exercise in futility.

Futility is Riley being so stubborn to realize that a winning record is important even during a coaching transition.

Eh, I guess he's content with losing records because he did have quite a few of those at his last destination.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you reference the UCLA game in your argument one more time I'm putting you on perma ignore.

Brasky, Don't worry because I'm placing you and the contractor on ignore.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I was happy with the run/pass splits, I just wish there was a way to get the WR's the ball a bit more efficiently

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbass, talk to Riley about learning. It took him until the bowl game to see that TA can't be trusted with passing.

The 1995 Florida Gators would have ran the ball against that UCLA team we played.

Understand this.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the 108th rushing defense, Purdue, Nebraska had 77 yards on 29 carries.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the 108th rushing defense, Purdue, Nebraska had 77 yards on 29 carries.
With a backup QB in. They were daring us to pass, putting 8 or 9 guys in the box. Running into that, no matter how bad their rush defense, wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's nailing it alright. Uh oh TA just threw another pick, and another, and another, and on and on and on. Nice losing season there Riley! I'm not going to blame TA as much as I am the coach for not seeing how dangerous his offensive game planning is, not to our opponents, but to our own team.
God forbid we expect someone playing the QB position to throw the ball. Contrary to your statement earlier, the offense is not based on throwing "risky" passes. The route combinations are designed to get particular players open, creating low risk passes between 0 and 15 yards downfield. If you'd actually watch the games and pay attention to more than just the ball, you'd see that this happened, but Armstrong consistently tried to go for the big play downfield, completely ignoring the proper progression. Please explain to me how a coach with an awful backup quarterback and an ineffective running game is supposed to gameplan around that. I'll go ahead and continue expecting that a quarterback at the Power 5 division 1 level should be capable of being more than a running back getting a direct snap.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a backup QB in. They were daring us to pass, putting 8 or 9 guys in the box. Running into that, no matter how bad their rush defense, wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

Yeah. I was looking at the play-by-play. Nebraska actually had a 20 yd run on their first possession, but those yards were negated by a 24 yd sack on Fyfe. Sack yds come off of rushing yds. The vast majority of rushes were 2 yds here, 3 yds there. They tried to run the ball.

2.6 yards per carry.

2.6 + 2.6 + 2.6 = 7.8 and 4th down

In the mean time Purdue took a 21-9 halftime lead and dropped an additional 21 on them in the 3rd Q. Nebraska was behind 42-16 going into the 4th Q. Yeah. Keep running for 2.6 yds per carry and see how fast you get caught up. I.E. Rushing 'attempts' are going to be skewed.

That was when the pass defense was still adapting from a zone scheme to man-to-man as well.

Another outlier game that needs to be thrown on the trash heap.

Other than the balanced run/pass numbers the entire season can be tossed on the trash heap because it was a throw away season in installing systems without ideal hardware.

We know what things will look like on both sides of the ball. We have the prints. We just don't know how effective it will be until the tools are gathered to do the job.

We do know Nebraska won't be running the ball 76% of the time like Steele and zorbie imply.

Hence the MASSIVE thread FAIL.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone expecting Top 25 type results last season needs to look at Saban's first year at Alabama.

He went (6-6) on the regular season. That included a late season (Nov 17) loss to (6-6) Louisiana-Monroe.
(7-6) after an Independence Bowl win over a (6-7) Colorado

2007 Alabama Crimson Tide

Bama won just 1 of their last 5 games.
Nebraska won 3 of their last 5 games. Nebraska won 3 of their last 4.

Alabama went backwards in year 1, where Nebraska improved.

To get in front of the narrow minded idiots, NO, I'm not implying Riley=Saban, so shove your distracting derp.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God forbid we expect someone playing the QB position to throw the ball. Contrary to your statement earlier, the offense is not based on throwing "risky" passes. The route combinations are designed to get particular players open, creating low risk passes between 0 and 15 yards downfield. If you'd actually watch the games and pay attention to more than just the ball, you'd see that this happened, but Armstrong consistently tried to go for the big play downfield, completely ignoring the proper progression. Please explain to me how a coach with an awful backup quarterback and an ineffective running game is supposed to gameplan around that. I'll go ahead and continue expecting that a quarterback at the Power 5 division 1 level should be capable of being more than a running back getting a direct snap.

Obviously TA refused to listen to what the coaches told him to do. After a few games of that crap, a coach needs to tell TA that he'll be benched if he won't follow instructions. Fyfe isn't an awful QB, an awful QB doesn't throw for over 400 yards in his first start, and also, he just didn't have any meaningful game time experience up to that point. You know me well enough to know I don't like to argue, so I will say that you made some valid points here. lol

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone expecting Top 25 type results last season needs to look at Saban's first year at Alabama.

He went (6-6) on the regular season. That included a late season (Nov 17) loss to (6-6) Louisiana-Monroe.
(7-6) after an Independence Bowl win over a (6-7) Colorado

2007 Alabama Crimson Tide

Bama won just 1 of their last 5 games.
Nebraska won 3 of their last 5 games. Nebraska won 3 of their last 4.

Alabama went backwards in year 1, where Nebraska improved.

To get in front of the narrow minded idiots, NO, I'm not implying Riley=Saban, so shove your distracting derp.

Whatever you say Mr. Negative. I find it odd how you're all of a sudden positive about Riley and Nebraska. That's just like a contractor, two faced.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the plays that immediately comes to mind is in the Iowa game on 4th and 1.

Designed little dump into the flat and Tommy heaves it into the endzone instead.

That one will stick in my memory until he starts making better decisions. We had a chance to win that game at that point and he just threw it up for grabs for the fun of it.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we can all examine the numbers and all
bottom line is this ---- the Husker program left what Bob developed and is scurring about ta fix a sinkin ship

Pops, you know me, I've always been positive and I believe Nebraska will get better over the next few years.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the plays that immediately comes to mind is in the Iowa game on 4th and 1.

Designed little dump into the flat and Tommy heaves it into the endzone instead.

That one will stick in my memory until he starts making better decisions. We had a chance to win that game at that point and he just threw it up for grabs for the fun of it.

My previous points proven about TA.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is Tommy and that is it.

We will once again go as far as he takes us this season.

If he is great, we are going to have a great season.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The key is Tommy and that is it.

We will once again go as far as he takes us this season.

If he is great, we are going to have a great season.

Obviously, but if he's sucking there are a couple of other options.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I feel that Tommy is the only option this year.

Let the Senior put it all out there. This is it for him, he's gonna go out swinging.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah. I was looking at the play-by-play. Nebraska actually had a 20 yd run on their first possession, but those yards were negated by a 24 yd sack on Fyfe. Sack yds come off of rushing yds. The vast majority of rushes were 2 yds here, 3 yds there. They tried to run the ball.

2.6 yards per carry.

2.6 + 2.6 + 2.6 = 7.8 and 4th down

In the mean time Purdue took a 21-9 halftime lead and dropped an additional 21 on them in the 3rd Q. Nebraska was behind 42-16 going into the 4th Q. Yeah. Keep running for 2.6 yds per carry and see how fast you get caught up. I.E. Rushing 'attempts' are going to be skewed.

That was when the pass defense was still adapting from a zone scheme to man-to-man as well.

Another outlier game that needs to be thrown on the trash heap.

Other than the balanced run/pass numbers the entire season can be tossed on the trash heap because it was a throw away season in installing systems without ideal hardware.

We know what things will look like on both sides of the ball. We have the prints. We just don't know how effective it will be until the tools are gathered to do the job.

We do know Nebraska won't be running the ball 76% of the time like Steele and zorbie imply.

Hence the MASSIVE thread FAIL.

This thread is fine, but the problem is a two faced contractor hijacked this thread.