• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hmmm?...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know better. The running game will be an afterthought when Riley gets all of the pieces for a pro style offense.

You don't know shit.

The average was 38 rushes to 35 passes. That's what you should know.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you really foolish enough to think Nebraska will or should run the ball 76% of the time in 2016?

Simple question.

If by some miracle TA becomes much less erratic, I think it would be good to see about 60% of the plays be running plays.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must not have happened then in really time:L

You're the one using how fast the LB got there in a gif as example. That the video is sped up is deceiving.

Everybody did what they were supposed to do. Nobody is assigned to the LB. Lewis missed his cut-block on the DE. I.E. The DE beat his cut-block. The DE got his hands up like a well coached DL does when he sees the QB throwing the ball. From that point he made an athletic play to catch it and rumble in for the score.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't know shit.

The average was 38 rushes to 35 passes. That's what you should know.

I know, I must be blind because I didn't see continual picks thrown by TA especially in crucial situations. I just recalled the Mich. St. game where we were lucky they had defensive backs with hands like rocks otherwise that would have been another loss. That figure of 35 passes should have been more like 20 passes.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pheele Steele doesn't even watch football.

He gathers up the stats from NCAA.com and makes formulas.

He watches Alabama and whoever else is playing well in the SEC that year, then makes the rest of his assumptions based off of his computer calculations.

Good work if you can get it.

This is one of those times I can say with 100% confidence I could do his job better than him.

To be fair to him though, I DO remember him showing his CFB saturday setup for watching games and he had several flatscreens on a wall. Maybe it's for show. Maybe he does pay attention.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one using how fast the LB got there in a gif as example. That the video is sped up is deceiving.

Everybody did what they were supposed to do. Nobody is assigned to the LB. Lewis missed his cut-block on the DE. I.E. The DE beat his cut-block. The DE got his hands up like a well coached DL does when he sees the QB throwing the ball. From that point he made an athletic play to catch it and rumble in for the score.

I gathered all on my own the gif wasn't in actual real time speed, replayed in any speed the result is the same, whether it's Lewis' job to pick up the OLB or not he was the only one who could have slightly impeded him if not for him dead set on putting down that sweet sweet cut block, which amounted to falling on his face like he just fainted

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I must be blind because I didn't see continual picks thrown by TA especially in crucial situations. I just recalled the Mich. St. game where we were lucky they had defensive backs with hands like rocks otherwise that would have been another loss. That figure of 35 passes should have been more like 20 passes.

20 passes? So they should have run the ball approximately 76% of the time against Mich St?

VVV At the same time you make claim that there should be a balanced attack. VVVV

I know TA averaged 35 passes per game, and actually that isn't a ridiculous amount of passes if TA wasn't so careless. On the other hand, a larger amount of play action passes that TA is more adept at throwing would have resulted in a better final record for Nebraska. Obviously it appears that Riley is building a west coast type of offense heavy in risky passing, instead of a balanced attack like we should have. By the way, TA threw 48 passes against Iowa, much more attempts than his average per game. LOL

One more thing, did you even notice that Mr. Steele believes Nebraska will be improved because of the running game, not the passing game?

Your contradictions show you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about. Should they run the ball 76% of the time like they did in the bowl? Should they run the ball 76% of the time like you think they should have against Michigan St? Or should they have "a balanced attack like they should have"?

You bought some rotten fruit that was picked up off the ground by a prognosticator who gets paid to bloviate. The information you were duped by (Nebraska's new identity will be rushing) was shown to be an anomaly based on it's opponents 97th ranked rush defense. Now you're so flustered you no longer know the difference between 76% rushing and "balanced".

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were 33 passes NOT 35. Your numbers are always inflated for drama.

Nebraska was down 38-26 (12 pts) with 4:16 remaining in the 4th Q.

From that point TA threw 10 passes to 5 rushes to win the game.

Of those 5 rushes

TA for 2 yds on a 2nd and 10 scramble to the Mich St 29.

Later in the drive.....

1st and goal from Mich St 2 - Newby 1 yd run
1st and goal from 1 yd line redo on penalty - Newby No Gain
2nd and goal from 1 yd line - Newby No Gain
3rd down and goal from 1 yd line - TA 1 yd TD run

That's 4 rushing yds in 5 plays to those that got past the 5th grade. It's .8 yds per rush for those that got past the 6th grade.

Instead of the 7 passes TA threw to get Nebraska from it's own 47 down to Mich St's 2 yd line, do you think Nebraska should have run it 76% of the time when behind 12 with 4 minutes to play?

Where you fail is if you take away those last 10 passes TA threw in the final 4:16, TA will have thrown a mere 23 passes in the other 56 minutes of the game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA is 100% correct in this discussion. Absolutely correct on all points.
Reading through this, I started to wonder if I blacked out and hacked into @Red_Alert's account. He's nailing it.

I certainly hope we don't listen to @Exorbitant when coming up with the gameplan...running the ball 60% of the time and passing it no more than 20 times means we'd only run 50 plays per game. #128 in the country this year was Army at about 60 plays per game. We ran closer to 75.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've already HAD this discussion with xorbie about it. He doesn't listen and he sure as shit doesn't learn.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've already HAD this discussion with xorbie about it. He doesn't listen and he sure as shit doesn't learn.

Hey dumbass, talk to Riley about learning. It took him until the bowl game to see that TA can't be trusted with passing.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reading through this, I started to wonder if I blacked out and hacked into @Red_Alert's account. He's nailing it.

I certainly hope we don't listen to @Exorbitant when coming up with the gameplan...running the ball 60% of the time and passing it no more than 20 times means we'd only run 50 plays per game. #128 in the country this year was Army at about 60 plays per game. We ran closer to 75.

He's nailing it alright. Uh oh TA just threw another pick, and another, and another, and on and on and on. Nice losing season there Riley! I'm not going to blame TA as much as I am the coach for not seeing how dangerous his offensive game planning is, not to our opponents, but to our own team.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were 33 passes NOT 35. Your numbers are always inflated for drama.

Nebraska was down 38-26 (12 pts) with 4:16 remaining in the 4th Q.

From that point TA threw 10 passes to 5 rushes to win the game.

Of those 5 rushes

TA for 2 yds on a 2nd and 10 scramble to the Mich St 29.

Later in the drive.....

1st and goal from Mich St 2 - Newby 1 yd run
1st and goal from 1 yd line redo on penalty - Newby No Gain
2nd and goal from 1 yd line - Newby No Gain
3rd down and goal from 1 yd line - TA 1 yd TD run

That's 4 rushing yds in 5 plays to those that got past the 5th grade. It's .8 yds per rush for those that got past the 6th grade.

Instead of the 7 passes TA threw to get Nebraska from it's own 47 down to Mich St's 2 yd line, do you think Nebraska should have run it 76% of the time when behind 12 with 4 minutes to play?

Where you fail is if you take away those last 10 passes TA threw in the final 4:16, TA will have thrown a mere 23 passes in the other 56 minutes of the game.

Can you even read? How many of TA's passes were dropped by defenders? Even if only one of those errant passes were picked off then there would have been no bowl game.

Also, if TA would have thrown another 5 to 10 passes in those first 56 minutes then are you dumb enough to think that Nebraska would have been victorious? LMAO!!!!!!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
20 passes? So they should have run the ball approximately 76% of the time against Mich St?

VVV At the same time you make claim that there should be a balanced attack. VVVV

Your contradictions show you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about. Should they run the ball 76% of the time like they did in the bowl? Should they run the ball 76% of the time like you think they should have against Michigan St? Or should they have "a balanced attack like they should have"?

You bought some rotten fruit that was picked up off the ground by a prognosticator who gets paid to bloviate. The information you were duped by (Nebraska's new identity will be rushing) was shown to be an anomaly based on it's opponents 97th ranked rush defense. Now you're so flustered you no longer know the difference between 76% rushing and "balanced".

Balanced and smarter play calling against Iowa sure would have helped Nebraska. Good God 48 passes and numerous picks, but still was in the game late.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you reference the UCLA game in your argument one more time I'm putting you on perma ignore.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just too god damn lazy to throw facts at this guy. RA's doing a fine job at it, but as we can all see, it's just an exercise in futility.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good work if you can get it.

This is one of those times I can say with 100% confidence I could do his job better than him.

To be fair to him though, I DO remember him showing his CFB saturday setup for watching games and he had several flatscreens on a wall. Maybe it's for show. Maybe he does pay attention.

If you reference the UCLA game in your argument one more time I'm putting you on perma ignore.

Let's go back to the Illinois game when running the ball, or just placing a knee to the ground, and then punting the ball away to them with 10 or 15 seconds to go, instead of passing the game away like it didn't mean a thing.