• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill Trade?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the AFC better when the Pats were in command.
Well at least the Pats picked up.......................................I got nothing.
This is going to suck.
I feel good and optimistic about our chances next season. There is much speculation about what other teams are doing, but it’s all on paper still. Actually, this is the spot where Pats perform best, overlooked and underdogged.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is arguing a team being in the final four teams to win a SB constitutes regression. It's so aggressively tedious it shouldn't be taken very seriously.

The other end is comparing a team that went from Tom Brady to Mac Jones and hasn't won a playoff game since.
Is going from SB champ to SB loser a positive step?
Is going from SB loser to AFCCG loser a positive step?
Is going from AFCCG loser to one and done a positive step?

Sounds like you are very happy with going from SB Champs to one and done? Did you celebrate losing?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with seeing the logic? Is it against KC fan rules?
The "progress" you are making has taken their post season down a notch each of the last few years.

You get defensive or funny or both and bring up Patriots. Patriots were a losing team year before and had a winning season and playoff vist last year. That isi mprovement. Your deflection failed!
"Down a notch" = Someone dropped a pass or couldnt outrun a CB or kick a FG at the right moment.

Chiefs beat the Bills in the playoffs last year without the Honey Badger. Did they miss the SB? Yeah. Could they have won the AFCCG? Absolutely. Could the Browns have beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs the year before with Baker Mayfield? Yes.

Worry about your own team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is going from SB champ to SB loser a positive step?
Is going from SB loser to AFCCG loser a positive step?
Is going from AFCCG loser to one and done a positive step?

Sounds like you are very happy with going from SB Champs to one and done? Did you celebrate losing?
Neutral. As there is a substantial amount of variance in single elimination tournaments. The Chiefs have won 70%+ of their playoff games with Mahomes. Arguing there's been regression is deeply silly until it's actually proven on the field.

I mean Jesus, there's some rando Catholic School playing UNC for a Final Four spot as of my typing this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t worry about Pats fans. Most are 12 years old…at least they act like it. Can’t take them seriously

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Chiefs are the last AFC team to win a Super Bowl so they are king of the hill in that sense and been a playoff team every year since that SB win. Naturally that gets folks hoping to see them shoved off that hill, but don't think they actually dislike the Chiefs like some teams in the pass with that sort of success. Yet they will poke and prod Chiefs fans for some sadistic pleasure of misery enjoying company, but mostly in fun ....I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Chiefs are the last AFC team to win a Super Bowl so they are king of the hill in that sense and been a playoff team every year since that SB win. Naturally that gets folks hoping to see them shoved off that hill, but don't think they actually dislike the Chiefs like some teams in the pass with that sort of success. Yet they will poke and prod Chiefs fans for some sadistic pleasure of misery enjoying company, but mostly in fun ....I think.
Yeah, we're getting the 'lol Chiefs are done' stuff but that is the nature of things.

I do think things haven't gone Veech's way the past two seasons. Veech wanted Trent Williams as his plan A. Niners paid more. Veech wanted Tyreek Hill as his plan A. Dolphins paid more. Veech has done a really good job of filling the Chiefs with quality starters but has done a poor job of filling the Chiefs with stars. Dorsey's legacy of drafting great offensive skill players and garbage...well..everything else is finally starting to work its way through and now its Veech's team with Kelce being the only real legacy from Dorsey.

I remember watching the 2019 draft and Hill was going through potential legal issues while the draft was happening. I really wanted DK Metcalf. We got Hardman who seemed like a reach but he was that speed guy that fit the profile of what the Chiefs wanted. It looked like next man up in 2019. Instead the Chiefs had the luxury of waiting until 2022. Hill to Hardman is a big step down. Pringle and Robinson to Juju and MVS should both be steps up. As a Chief fan that is what you have to rely on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tua highlight is brutal. Poor Cheetah.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Teddy Bridgewater beating out Drew Lock wasnt much of a surprise but honestly if you look at Bridgewater's track record...statistically one could assume that he should beat out Tua, too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 MVP is very much in play.

Hill's talent is STILL Not found on many street corners.
It should be but it won't be because the award is such a joke. They will give him OPOY and find their favorite QB to give the MVP to. If Dallas overtakes Philly, I fully expect Dak to get it, tbh.