• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill Trade?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be but it won't be because the award is such a joke. They will give him OPOY and find their favorite QB to give the MVP to. If Dallas overtakes Philly, I fully expect Dak to get it, tbh.
Dak could thow 4 TD'S this week and 4 ints the next.

No Thanks...Dallas is week to week. The niners beat them 42-10

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 MVP is very much in play.

Hill's talent is STILL Not found on many street corners.
Weird bump after a year the Chiefs won a Super Bowl without Hill and won the head to head earlier this year.

That said, the issues the Chiefs are having this year are the issues I thought they'd have last year. The Hill trade is bad process by the Chiefs. They lose that trade 8 out of 10 times. They just happened to draft a quality starter in addition to paying another star to break even basically.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird bump after a year the Chiefs won a Super Bowl without Hill and won the head to head earlier this year.
it wasn't about the best QB and coach in football. it was more a bump showing Hill was so good, the best QB and coach did not matter.

But...you guys have WR for the excuse as y'all have already mentioned multiple times after a loss.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing middling WR talent to overpriced deals is one of the biggest mistakes being made in the NFL today IMO.

Guys like Scantling, Corey Davis and Nelson Aghalor making $10M a year is laughably bad for the impact they will actually have.

I like to pat my back quite a bit.

But this back pat might be one of my better ones.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to pat my back quite a bit.

But this back pat might be one of my better ones.
Chiefs Super Bowl win last year was built around bringing in Juju and MVS so :noidea:

That said, the Chiefs didnt commit to Juju so maybe you're on to something. Its better to just rent these guys

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs Super Bowl win last year was built around bringing in Juju and MVS so :noidea:
You don't notice the collapse of fragile systems until they collapse and make it everyone's problem, on the field in this case, unfortunately. Good news is Rice seems like a keeper and the Chiefs have cap space to go after a WR.

Skyy Moore is 98th in Yards Per Route Run
MVS is 109th in Yards per Route Run
Rice had an ADOT of 1 yard or something hilariously low against the Packers.

That's just not a legit NFL level WR corp. They messed up with MVS, Toney and Moore, point blank.

Tee Higgins (just for funsies)
Year 2 Rice
Watson as WR3
Draft pick

Chiefs should be fine going forward from a macro perspective. This year is just unfortunately an ugly faceplant only being saved by most all the projected top teams looking down except the 49ers and Ravens. I guess the Cowboys too, if you count the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Chiefs regret the trade at all, they still got the ring and McDuffie is a big part of the defense improvement. If they could get a redo of the 2nd rounder on Skyy Moore I am sure they would, but overall this is a rare trade where both teams should be happy with the results.

The rest of the league should just be happy they did not stay at pick 50 and take George Pickens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't notice the collapse of fragile systems until they collapse and make it everyone's problem, on the field in this case, unfortunately. Good news is Rice seems like a keeper and the Chiefs have cap space to go after a WR.

That's just not a legit NFL level WR corp. They messed up with MVS, Toney and Moore, point blank.

Year 2 Rice
Watson as WR3
Draft pick

Chiefs should be fine going forward from a macro perspective. This year is just unfortunately an ugly faceplant only being saved by most all the projected top teams looking down except the 49ers and Ravens. I guess the Cowboys too, if you count the Cowboys.
Last year Chiefs were getting TDs from unlikely places. CEH had 6 TDs. Mecole Hardman 6 TDs. McKinnon 10 TDs. Pacheco's YPC went from 4.9 to 4.4. His yards per reception are way down, too.

At first glance, it seems that the Chiefs are missing Hardman and McKinnon quite a bit which is weird to say. Teams obviously are keying in on Pachecho more and the Chiefs dont have the bag of tricks from last year. So the other receivers are having to make big plays and they arent (except Rice)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Chiefs regret the trade at all, they still got the ring and McDuffie is a big part of the defense improvement. If they could get a redo of the 2nd rounder on Skyy Moore I am sure they would, but overall this is a rare trade where both teams should be happy with the results.

The rest of the league should just be happy they did not stay at pick 50 and take George Pickens.

They can correct that miss on Pickens if Keon Coleman slips to them in the first this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember comping Skyy Moore as a similar prospect to Christian Kirk who didnt look like a functioning starter until year 4. Moore has the athleticism to be something at some point but Pickens obviously was the better talent. Pickens Id imagine fell hard because of character issues.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember comping Skyy Moore as a similar prospect to Christian Kirk who didnt look like a functioning starter until year 4. Moore has the athleticism to be something at some point but Pickens obviously was the better talent. Pickens Id imagine fell hard because of character issues.
100% he was a red flag. I agree Moore could become something, I think everyone including the Chiefs thought he would have more time before he was needed to be a regular contributor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% he was a red flag. I agree Moore could become something, I think everyone including the Chiefs thought he would have more time before he was needed to be a regular contributor.
Andy Reid doesnt like playing rookie TEs and WRs in general it seems. Learn to block, learn special teams, learn the playbook. I've been really hard on Skyy Moore but I wouldn't be stunned if he was a contributor a couple of years from now.

MVS, though? Ride the pine.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Year 2 Rice
Watson as WR3
Draft pick

cowboys shouldn't count. This post reeks of fragile. My bump had everything to do with the unique skills of Hill...which was posted then and now. Tua must be good enough.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs must lead the league in drops. Just being able to run fast is not enough to make a good WR.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thread. Some of us have posts and predictions we'd like back.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid doesnt like playing rookie TEs and WRs in general it seems. Learn to block, learn special teams, learn the playbook. I've been really hard on Skyy Moore but I wouldn't be stunned if he was a contributor a couple of years from now.

MVS, though? Ride the pine.
As a Lions fan, MVS was my favorite Packer

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Chiefs were getting TDs from unlikely places. CEH had 6 TDs. Mecole Hardman 6 TDs. McKinnon 10 TDs. Pacheco's YPC went from 4.9 to 4.4. His yards per reception are way down, too.

At first glance, it seems that the Chiefs are missing Hardman and McKinnon quite a bit which is weird to say. Teams obviously are keying in on Pachecho more and the Chiefs dont have the bag of tricks from last year. So the other receivers are having to make big plays and they arent (except Rice)
They should be running more...don't you think?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be running more...don't you think?
Pacheco's YPC is down from 4.9 to 4.4 so....Im not sure thats for sure the answer.

Last year the week link on the team was CB. Gave up the most pass TDs in the league. They had to wait on McDuffie to get more reps and one of the CBs was banged up throughout the year IIRC. Eventually the team patched things up. The year Mahomes won his first Super Bowl the D line was a massive issue but they figured things out just enough to hold up against a fairly dominant Niners front.

The Chiefs still have fairly good offensive metrics. They just need to tweak things and get a little healthier. imo