• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's the Draft Thread

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Pacman and Dennard (if he isn't broken) on the outside. Shaw and Jackson rotate at nickel. Fuck Kirkpatrick. Put him at punt gunner.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Leonte Carroo with this pick. The most underrated WR in the draft. I think he's a slightly faster version of Jarvis Landry. He'd be a perfect number 2 here. The pick has to be a WR. I like Shepard but I don't think he'll be on the board

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason we started drafting well was because Marvin was removed from the equation. He has very little influence on who gets drafted and who doesn't. Marvin is lazy. When he did have more input, his laziness came to the forefront. His input counts for less than 5%, thankfully, to the decision.

The tired narrative is the one that uses ad hominem's when responding to a post. If you don't like someone's opinion, try supporting evidence to explain a differing opinion.

I have yet to meet the person who has praised Mike Brown for as many positive moves as I have. I go out of my way to explain in a post a change from past behavior that Mike Brown makes that improves the ballclub. I haven't missed an opportunity since the day he signed Lorenzo Neil. But, I don't ignore the negative behaviors. To do that is to live in La-La Land.

Mike Brown has taken a step back, in his words, but that doesn't mean Marvin has more control over the draft. You don't understand the mind of Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown if you believe that.

Instead of trusting only his own opinion's on a player, Mike Brown has put more trust in his long-time Director of Player Personnel, Duke Tobin. He gave Tobin two more full-time Scouts and removed most scouting duties away from the Coaches. Tobin puts together the final analysis of a player along with hkw he would fit in our system, and risk factors involved. Mike is more willing to trust Tobin's recommendation. That is one of his takings of a backseat. With Tobin in charge of most of the player personnel lately, the results have been good, justifying Mike Brown to continue taking a backseat while the family handles the majority of the day-to-day business.

Marvin Lewis is the Press Secretary, who gets to absorb the chants and the rants from the media as he speaks in the first person we format. His job is to coach, not make personnel decisions. Mike Brown tried giving Marvin more influence in that area and it was bad. Brown learns quickly, but never panics. He took back control, and mended the mistake.
And yet your entire last post about the issues was blaming Brown. Which is it? Brown or Lewis? When things continue to run they way they have, basically since 2010/2011's draft, maybe it's time to find a new target? Let's see if you can blame Tobin, since you said he's the main guy in charge of the drafts recently. Why aren't you blaming him?

You make zero sense on this board. Just, stop it. Stop trying so damned hard.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown deserves a lot of fault for how things went from 1991ish into the 2000's, and even through 2010, as he kept meddling, but since 2010, it's pretty much been Marvin Lewis' show, along with Katie and Duke.

All I was saying is that the narrative of blaming Mike Brown for everything is tired, lazy, and outdated.

If, as you say, Duke/Marvin are in charge, then why are you STILL blaming teams for not trading with the Bengals on Mike? Surely most other teams GM's know that Tobin is the defacto GM. Hell, a few teams made a run at Tobin this past off-season, so he's no secret to the NFL. Teams know who they are dealing with now. So, why do you then continue to use a narrative that is outdated?

Again, you make no sense. None.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get worse at 2 positions in the offseason, have major holes on this team and take a player who won't play for 2 years. No wonder we never get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There goes Thomas to the Saints. Quality conversation thus far, by the way...

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him. I assume he stinks.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home and saw the Boyd pick. Watched him play the last 3 years. Very happy with this pick. He's certainly a better prospect than either Jones or Sanu. Should be able to contribute immediately.

Good draft so far. 3rd pick coming up

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Vigil, LB, Utah State.

Who?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know anything about this guy?

CBS has him rated as the 7th ILB prospect, projected as a 5-6th round pick.
Ourlads has him as the 12th ILB
Walter Football has him as 9th ILB

Hope the Bengals scouts are better than everyone else.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3