• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's the Draft Thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just repeating Jimmy Johnson's. He publicly said other GM's would never bother with him because his idea of making a deal is to win it in a lopsided way.
You do realize that Marvin has most of the control over the draft. Mike has taken a back seat, and has stated it numerous times over the past several seasons.

It's a tired narrative, and it's time to move on.

I really wonder what some of you will bitch about once he's dead, and some of these same "issues" are still around.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Addressed that first round gunner position.
Got no issue with that.

Special teams can make or break a game. I want guys in there that can get shit done. I don't care what they play, or when they were drafted.

Michael Johnson still practices for special teams and sometimes is out there.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got no issue with that.

Special teams can make or break a game. I want guys in there that can get shit done. I don't care what they play, or when they were drafted.

Michael Johnson still practices for special teams and sometimes is out there.

I don't mind it either. Just taking the piss. The Bengals have a blueprint they follow and it has reaped rewards since '09. Dre is probably going to be gone after this year so it's an towards the future for an organization that doesn't have any gaping holes. Still seems weird to type those sentiments in a non-sarcastic way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is Chip Kelly doing in SF? Trading back in for a Guard?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it either. Just taking the piss. The Bengals have a blueprint they follow and it has reaped rewards since '09. Dre is probably going to be gone after this year so it's an towards the future for an organization that doesn't have any gaping holes. Still seems weird to type those sentiments in a non-sarcastic way.
I know. Was just stating.

Always been a big believer in best players should also contribute on special teams. Maybe not all the time, but it's just as important as other facets of the game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, once the WR's were gone, I think it was an obvious choice to move to CB.

You can make an argument for Jack at LB (and the Bengals said they discussed it), but with so many teams playeing Nickel as their base defense for most of the game now, the Bengals really aren't that bad off. You have Rey, Ray, and Dansby 1-2-3, and probably Ray and Dansby in the nickel on most plays. When Burfict returns, he'll slide into the 1-2-3 formation, but will probably rotate on passing downs since this is Dansby's specialty. They also still have that kid from TCU they drafted last year. I might be in the minority, but I like him. All he does is seem to find a way to make a tackle. Will hopefully get more chances to show that this year.

Also, they have an guy from UC on their roster, Jeff Luc. He may not make it, but dude was decent at UC and is a big guy. Would be cool to see him at ILB.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be some great talent in round 2, tomorrow.

Lots of skilled guys still on the board.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jackson pick in all honesty. Hopefully they realize Dre sucks and he gets on the field sooner.

Hopefully they get a WR tomorrow.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE tell me that someone else is still watching...So, Seahawks take a tackle...they cue to his room, surrounded by family and friends, they are all black, and there is some white-assed cracker dancing around in the background with them....HIGH comedy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF graded out the CB as +17.3, 2nd best coverage in the nation, last year.

"Flashes good ball skills, and 6 foot frame with sub 4.4 speed, will allow him to build on an already impressive skill set"

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of talent in rounds 2 and 3. Think we need a LB and WR.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of talent in rounds 2 and 3. Think we need a LB and WR.
I don't think the Bengals "Need" a LB. Like I've said, at least for this year, they are OK. With so many teams playing nickel as the base defense, that means they only use 2LB's most of the time, anyway. I do agree they need an eye for the future, so don't get me wrong.

I would place WR at the top of "need" since they still have a big ??? with the slot, plus the future.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bengals "Need" a LB. Like I've said, at least for this year, they are OK. With so many teams playing nickel as the base defense, that means they only use 2LB's most of the time, anyway. I do agree they need an eye for the future, so don't get me wrong.

I would place WR at the top of "need" since they still have a big ??? with the slot, plus the future.

So WR, S? DT?

Think we'd need to go DT in the 2nd round if we want a potential starter for Peko. Genos are hard to find.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So WR, S? DT?

Think we'd need to go DT in the 2nd round if we want a potential starter for Peko. Genos are hard to find.
WR, DT for sure. Maybe a S/LB if the right guys are there. Of course, best available seems to be working pretty well.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say DT is the pick. I'd be okay with Sterling Shepard from OU if they go WR. But I'd say DL takes priority based on who's left on the board. Maybe a LB (although Jack will be long gone) or possibly interior OL?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say DT is the pick. I'd be okay with Sterling Shepard from OU if they go WR. But I'd say DL takes priority based on who's left on the board. Maybe a LB (although Jack will be long gone) or possibly interior OL?
Going to be interesting, for sure.

A lot of talent still out there.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Jack fall to us in round 2, and Braxton free fall a bit to us in the 3rd. Okay, dreaming a lot there, but while the wish is still alive I am going to go with it. :)

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Marvin has most of the control over the draft. Mike has taken a back seat, and has stated it numerous times over the past several seasons.

It's a tired narrative, and it's time to move on.

I really wonder what some of you will bitch about once he's dead, and some of these same "issues" are still around.
The only reason we started drafting well was because Marvin was removed from the equation. He has very little influence on who gets drafted and who doesn't. Marvin is lazy. When he did have more input, his laziness came to the forefront. His input counts for less than 5%, thankfully, to the decision.

The tired narrative is the one that uses ad hominem's when responding to a post. If you don't like someone's opinion, try supporting evidence to explain a differing opinion.

I have yet to meet the person who has praised Mike Brown for as many positive moves as I have. I go out of my way to explain in a post a change from past behavior that Mike Brown makes that improves the ballclub. I haven't missed an opportunity since the day he signed Lorenzo Neil. But, I don't ignore the negative behaviors. To do that is to live in La-La Land.

Mike Brown has taken a step back, in his words, but that doesn't mean Marvin has more control over the draft. You don't understand the mind of Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown if you believe that.

Instead of trusting only his own opinion's on a player, Mike Brown has put more trust in his long-time Director of Player Personnel, Duke Tobin. He gave Tobin two more full-time Scouts and removed most scouting duties away from the Coaches. Tobin puts together the final analysis of a player along with hkw he would fit in our system, and risk factors involved. Mike is more willing to trust Tobin's recommendation. That is one of his takings of a backseat. With Tobin in charge of most of the player personnel lately, the results have been good, justifying Mike Brown to continue taking a backseat while the family handles the majority of the day-to-day business.

Marvin Lewis is the Press Secretary, who gets to absorb the chants and the rants from the media as he speaks in the first person we format. His job is to coach, not make personnel decisions. Mike Brown tried giving Marvin more influence in that area and it was bad. Brown learns quickly, but never panics. He took back control, and mended the mistake.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really thrilled with this pick. Dennard was a better player in college from a MUCH better program and he stinks. The Bengals are in part to blame, though. They need to put these kids out there and let them sink or swim. These kids are now paid professionals. Let them play for fuck sake.