• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks prioritize Thomas over Sherman

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Beats are averaging $200 per headset so your arbitrary 50k number once again shows your ignorance towards the topic you continue to comment about. Either know at least a little bit about the topic or stop commenting.

You sound surprised that Nolan is talking out of his lower colon...:noidea::noidea:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in the world Pete Carroll will pay his quarterback that much. Not a chance in the world. he will lock up as much of that defense as he can and when someone leaves he'l make more astute FA acquisitions like he did with Avril and Bennett.

He can pick up guys like Avril and Bennett because they're paying all their best players under rookie deals still. Pretty obvious those guys are luxery they can afford right now but won't in the years coming up. Similar to the Niners with Boldin. They wouldn't be able to get Boldin if all their best players weren't on their rookie contracts.

And I hope Carroll doesn't pay his QB that much and lets him go. Please get rid of the best QB the franchise has ever had because you don't want to pay him market value. Guys like Romo and Cutler will be making 20 mil a year but Wilson is supposed to be happy with 12-14? :scratch:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's going to be a problem. I'm not sure how much he'll settle for and what clauses will be included, but he is going to get paid (as we all know). I will say this about Wilson though, although he doesnt tear up the box scores every Sunday, that doesnt mean he cant. He's not asked to do a lot due to the make up of the team, but I bet he's capable.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's going to be a problem. I'm not sure how much he'll settle for and what clauses will be included, but he is going to get paid (as we all know). I will say this about Wilson though, although he doesnt tear up the box scores every Sunday, that doesnt mean he cant. He's not asked to do a lot due to the make up of the team, but I bet he's capable.

I watched him in college at NC State. He is a very exciting player and still learning. He will be plenty exciting.

Incidently, Kaep and RW are in their "sophomore jinx" years and both made it to the playoffs. We have not seen their best yet. Keep watching - this rivalry will continue to heat up!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nope … Carroll overrides him if he chooses… Pete made it clear when he signed here he wanted full control and that's what he got… John helps with decision making but Pete will override him if he feels …

You're describing the relationship between Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan. Sure, Nolan had the final say, but he was basing his decisions almost entirely on McCloughan's advice. Carroll had more knowledge of college players initially, perhaps, but that is undoubtedly effectively gone at this point. If you think Carroll has more influence over personnel additions overall than Schneider - and I'm not just talking about the power to override, but the person who is actually shaping the decisions - you're delusional.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is, do you pay him like he's capable?

I don't personally think he is able to carry an offense, but someone will offer to pay him like he can. Do you match that?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Beats are averaging $200 per headset so your arbitrary 50k number once again shows your ignorance towards the topic you continue to comment about. Either know at least a little bit about the topic or stop commenting.

They are probably worth about 10 dollars though considering what a turd they make you look like when you wear them, but even then my math was off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must add that never in my lifetime has Buick ever been a luxury brand and I bought my first car 30 years ago. I even owned a Buick and though it was kind of a KMart special kind of car.

Bullshit. It is the American-made luxury car. Easily the best cars made in the USA.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're describing the relationship between Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan. Sure, Nolan had the final say, but he was basing his decisions almost entirely on McCloughan's advice. Carroll had more knowledge of college players initially, perhaps, but that is undoubtedly effectively gone at this point. If you think Carroll has more influence over personnel additions overall than Schneider - and I'm not just talking about the power to override, but the person who is actually shaping the decisions - you're delusional.

Am I ? John wanted Wilson in round 2 … PETE said no and gambled into the 3rd round… So Pete does have the final say… Now I'm not saying John doesn't have a huge influence because he does, but if Pete doesn't like something he can override it anytime he wants… He openly said in his other 2 head coaching jobs that was something that hurt his chances having someone else make the personnel decisions…

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be they are the best at their positions because they know they will always have safety help and that allows them to take chances

just a thought

You couldn't be more right. Earl Thomas is the best safety in the game, and it's not close. Our CBs do what they do because of the range of Thomas.

Oh, and the guy that suggested that Matt Hasselbeck was as good a QB as Wilson, thank you for that, you made me shoot coffee out my nose from laughing so hard. :p

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!

Hawks and Niners are set up to give us fans a rivalry for the ages!! Both teams are just monsters!
The whole division really, has there ever been a better division defensively as a whole?

Go hawks!!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be more right. Earl Thomas is the best safety in the game, and it's not close. Our CBs do what they do because of the range of Thomas.

Oh, and the guy that suggested that Matt Hasselbeck was as good a QB as Wilson, thank you for that, you made me shoot coffee out my nose from laughing so hard. :p

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!

Hawks and Niners are set up to give us fans a rivalry for the ages!! Both teams are just monsters!
The whole division really, has there ever been a better division defensively as a whole?

Go hawks!!

How is wilson better than hasselbeck? You guys still talk about the Superbowl the refs cheated you out of. So by rights they both should have a Superbowl ring, right? So how is wilson better? Because he is holding teams to a TD and FG a game?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Crimson, I don't think he is. At best it's 50-50, and Stu is right that according to reports Schneider wanted to draft Wilson higher. There was talk here for a while that that's one reason why Schneider might bolt for the Dolphins or some other team, he does not have total control here and has to defer to Carroll. And Carroll approved Schneider, not the other way around. In any event it's much more Carroll's show than it was Mike Nolan's show as far as drafting etc.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched pretty much every game they both have played as Seahawks. I am also a big Matt Hasselbeck fan, but I cannot think of a single area that I would rate Matt over Russell.
I'll say this the best I can, as I'm not some football expert, just a longtime fan. Russell has IT! He's just a total winner. I've watched him take this team and put it on his back, drive us down the field for the winning comeback td again and again.
The Redskins game in the playoffs last year, the Atlanta game the next week.... He led the team all the way back from 20 down to take the lead with 30 seconds left in the game.. THAT WAS SO CLUTCH IT WAS JUST SIC!!
But our DEFENSE had a meltdown and lost the game.
I could be wrong I guess, but I don't think so, I think Russell has done everything this team has needed for him to do, and he has shown that he's willing to do the work to be great.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched pretty much every game they both have played as Seahawks. I am also a big Matt Hasselbeck fan, but I cannot think of a single area that I would rate Matt over Russell.
I'll say this the best I can, as I'm not some football expert, just a longtime fan. Russell has IT! He's just a total winner. I've watched him take this team and put it on his back, drive us down the field for the winning comeback td again and again.
The Redskins game in the playoffs last year, the Atlanta game the next week.... He led the team all the way back from 20 down to take the lead with 30 seconds left in the game.. THAT WAS SO CLUTCH IT WAS JUST SIC!!
But our DEFENSE had a meltdown and lost the game.
I could be wrong I guess, but I don't think so, I think Russell has done everything this team has needed for him to do, and he has shown that he's willing to do the work to be great.

I'm not saying that he isn't going to end up better, I just think it is pretty early for people to say he is the best QB the team has ever had.

Chawkdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that he isn't going to end up better, I just think it is pretty early for people to say he is the best QB the team has ever had.

Fair enough, I'm sure we're all just excited up here. Not used to winning it all.... Yet! : )

Also... I can't figure out how Kap was getting so much crap after we just barely beat you in our house.
Looked to me like he was rockin it thru the playoffs.. Both teams have great QBs if ya ask me.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'm sure we're all just excited up here. Not used to winning it all.... Yet! : )

Also... I can't figure out how Kap was getting so much crap after we just barely beat you in our house.
Looked to me like he was rockin it thru the playoffs.. Both teams have great QBs if ya ask me.

This is a great board, but can be very reactionary at times.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is wilson better than hasselbeck? You guys still talk about the Superbowl the refs cheated you out of. So by rights they both should have a Superbowl ring, right? So how is wilson better? Because he is holding teams to a TD and FG a game?

Hass had the best O-line in football in 2005… I felt yes the refs did us ugly but Matt still makes critical mistakes something that Wilson doesn't do … Wilson in mentally stronger than Hass and it's not even close and trust me I've watched every Seattle game …. Wilson isn't prone to mistakes like Hass… You can argue Hass threw the ball more so obviously he had the chance for more mistakes but I watched Hass more than once literally melt down under pressure… Wilson just has the ability to let things go and move on where Hass get's emotional and his play melt's down around it… Qb position is such a mental position…

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasselbeck had a lot greater load to shoulder, though.

Wilson has potential, but he has shown nothing yet. Seattle won on the strength of an amazing defense.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your choices are Dave Krieg, Matt Hasselbeck, and Wilson then I don't think it's early at all.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasselbeck had a lot greater load to shoulder, though.

Wilson has potential, but he has shown nothing yet. Seattle won on the strength of an amazing defense.

:wtf2:. There's quite a few things that he's shown. He might get too much of the credit for Seattle winning but he's one of the main reasons they did win.