• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks prioritize Thomas over Sherman

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ian Rapoport, the Seachicks are prioritizing Earl Thomas over Richard Sherman when it comes to contract extension this offseason. Interesting, considering that top CBs are considered franchise cornerstones. Certainly not taking anything away from Thomas, but very rarely do teams prioritize a great safety over an equally great corner.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You couldn't have put this in one of the other Seahawk threads?

This board needs to get over what other teams are doing, especialy that one specific team to the north... I understand the need to talk about other teams, but this is borderline obsessed...

Get over it for gods sake...

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't have put this in one of the other Seahawk threads?

This board needs to get over what other teams are doing, especialy that one specific team to the north... I understand the need to talk about other teams, but this is borderline obsessed...

Get over it for gods sake...

1. The Seahawks are the main rivals for the 49ers, so what they do may have an effect on the 49ers and how they approach things.
2. If you don't like what I am posting, don't read it.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Seahawks are the main rivals for the 49ers, so what they do may have an effect on the 49ers and how they approach things.

#2 hit it right on the money, :agree:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ian Rapoport, the Seachicks are prioritizing Earl Thomas over Richard Sherman when it comes to contract extension this offseason. Interesting, considering that top CBs are considered franchise cornerstones. Certainly not taking anything away from Thomas, but very rarely do teams prioritize a great safety over an equally great corner.

Good Free Safeties are much easier to find than shut down Corners. Sherman takes away an entire side of the field. I'd focus on him if I was Seattle.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Pay him huge. When he gets busted for PED's in the next couple seasons it will cost them. I have never seen a player get as hyped for no reason, and for the entire game as thomas. He is on something. The guy is flailing around after every play. The play is on the other side of the field as him, and he is doing back flips, and having seizures on the ground.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, Thomas is their 3rd best DB. Sherman and Kam Chancellor seems way better. Although with that said. Sherman and Chancellor are probably the best at their positions.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Fair enough...

I just don't know why this couldn't have been added to not one but two of the Seahawk free agent/contract threads already on the front page of the Niner board. I typically don't care what anyone posts, but half of the top 10 or 11 threads are hawk related and as you look further down from there, you can find more Hawk threads. it just seems like a little much considering this is 49er board...

Throw in the posters who lost the bet and now have Hawk avatars, its enough to drive a guy to post pissed off responses to new Hawk threads added daily... :whistle:

All good though, 49er4life1979 :suds:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a hard time seeing them keep Chancelor, Sherman, and Thomas unless they are willing to take much less to stay with the team. Once Wilson's contract kicks in they are screwed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are top of the line guys.

Maybe they feel they have better depth at corner and can cover that loss more easily than they can losing Thomas? Or maybe Thomas will be more affordable or more willing to play ball than Sherman.

Obviously you want both, but there will be more guys that need paid soon as well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a hard time seeing them keep Chancelor, Sherman, and Thomas unless they are willing to take much less to stay with the team. Once Wilson's contract kicks in they are screwed.

All depends on how much Wilson wants really…. He's a team guy and might give a home town discount… He's gonna get allot of endorsement money soon… Right now Tate is already saying he'll take a pay cut to stay… Chancelor, Sherman and Thomas are priorities… I can almost guarantee Wilson wants them on the team and doesn't want to be the reason they leave…

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...

I just don't know why this couldn't have been added to not one but two of the Seahawk free agent/contract threads already on the front page of the Niner board. I typically don't care what anyone posts, but half of the top 10 or 11 threads are hawk related and as you look further down from there, you can find more Hawk threads. it just seems like a little much considering this is 49er board...

Throw in the posters who lost the bet and now have Hawk avatars, its enough to drive a guy to post pissed off responses to new Hawk threads added daily... :whistle:

All good though, 49er4life1979 :suds:

Alright brother! Lets talk some football! Hopefully the Niners upgrade the CB position and add a speedy wideout who can stretch the field!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on how much Wilson wants really…. He's a team guy and might give a home town discount… He's gonna get allot of endorsement money soon… Right now Tate is already saying he'll take a pay cut to stay… Chancelor, Sherman and Thomas are priorities… I can almost guarantee Wilson wants them on the team and doesn't want to be the reason they leave…

As much as some of you are talking him up, if he lives up to that, 15 mil per would probably be a significant hometown discount.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman and Chancellor are probably the best at their positions.

could be they are the best at their positions because they know they will always have safety help and that allows them to take chances

just a thought

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no-brainer. Thomas is currently getting paid over 4 mil per (can't remember the exact amount and am too lazy currently to look it up), so a salary increase for him will be significantly less imposing to their salary cap. Sherman is still rocking his 5th round rookie contract and so the amount of re-structuring, player cuts, etc. in order to make room for Sherman is much more considerable. Ultimately it is not like SEA will let him walk and they always have the Franchise Tag they could slap on him should they need it, which will probably be LESS then Sherman wants annually given his obsession with all things Revis. They are simply kicking the can down the road.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this wholeheartedly in terms of National advertising. Wilson is a cliche machine that doesn't show his personality...which doesn't exactly translate to advertising success. Maybe regionally or locally but at the national stage, not so much.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this wholeheartedly in terms of National advertising. Wilson is a cliche machine that doesn't show his personality...which doesn't exactly translate to advertising success. Maybe regionally or locally but at the national stage, not so much.

I heard people talk about him being cliché before I heard him speak. I thought people were just being overly critical. Then I heard him speak and I totally agree. He says so many of them that it has to be on purpose like a joke, sort of like Welker's comments about Ryan's foot fetish. Actually, nevermind. However, I do think it's a good way to avoid having to say anything really. It's better than short answers or dismissiveness. Maybe his clichés will make journalists not want to interview him. On the other hand, probably makes it really easy to get a quote.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. All unbiased people I've talked to think he is great. I'd take this guy as my product spokesman any day. He's clean cut, well spoken and succeeded beyond everyone's wildest expectations . Everyone loves an under dog. I think this is your Seattle hatred speaking or perhaps your misplaced love for Kaepernick.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's easy for players to say they will take a paycut or fans to speculate on whether a plyer will give the team a discount but don't forget the business side of professional sports... Agents will always try to get as much $$$ as possible for their clients... Specially on Wilson's case.. You have QB's making a lot more money than he does and those QB's do not have a SB ring and in some cases have not even reach the playoffs in recent years...