• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks prioritize Thomas over Sherman

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. All unbiased people I've talked to think he is great. I'd take this guy as my product spokesman any day. He's clean cut, well spoken and succeeded beyond everyone's wildest expectations . Everyone loves an under dog. I think this is your Seattle hatred speaking or perhaps your misplaced love for Kaepernick.

Bullshit. I have no misplaced love for Kap nor do I have hatred for RW. This is having watched him and his interviews for years. Communications/advertising was my focus in college and beyond until I found what I do now. You look for personality to sell product. This is why Peyton's advertising income skyrocketed after his stint on SNL. If RW does something but regurgitate company line and cliche, he would potentially be a good spokesperson. Until then, he lacks national appeal.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. I have no misplaced love for Kap nor do I have hatred for RW. This is having watched him and his interviews for years. Communications/advertising was my focus in college and beyond until I found what I do now. You look for personality to sell product. This is why Peyton's advertising income skyrocketed after his stint on SNL. If RW does something but regurgitate company line and cliche, he would potentially be a good spokesperson. Until then, he lacks national appeal.

RW just won a super bowl, National appeal is on its way. It goes side by side with your Peyton reference which he was on SNL after he won a Superbowl.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RW just won a super bowl, National appeal is on its way. It goes side by side with your Peyton reference which he was on SNL after he won a Superbowl.

Actually, he does have a point... How many Joe Flacco commercials has there been? Tom Brady? Ben Rothlisberger? I'm sure RW will get his share of endorsement based on the SB win, but being able to sell is a different story...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think he'll do well. If an ignorant, surly lout like Kaepernick can get national commercials for losing the Super Bowl, I bet Wilson gets a lot for actually winning one.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he does have a point... How many Joe Flacco commercials has there been? Tom Brady? Ben Rothlisberger? I'm sure RW will get his share of endorsement based on the SB win, but being able to sell is a different story...

To break down the QB's listed...

Joe Flacco- boring
Ben Rothlisberger- r*pe charges
Tom Brady- Uggs commercial... and his wife is a super model. I really think he wanted to stay out of the spot light, he's going just fine.

RW is an underdog with a ring and says all the right things. I actually like the guy even though he plays for the hawks it really is hard not to. I'd like to see Kap take notes.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think he'll do well. If an ignorant, surly lout like Kaepernick can get national commercials for losing the Super Bowl, I bet Wilson gets a lot for actually winning one.

Not to add to your Kaepernick hate, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson does less by choice. Dammit, someone put Kool-Aid in my drink.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on how much Wilson wants really…. He's a team guy and might give a home town discount… He's gonna get allot of endorsement money soon… Right now Tate is already saying he'll take a pay cut to stay… Chancelor, Sherman and Thomas are priorities… I can almost guarantee Wilson wants them on the team and doesn't want to be the reason they leave…

Of course he wants them on the team, but be realistic... he is trying to earn a living. He isn't going to be fighting endorsement deals off with a stick. It helps that he is a champion now, but he isn't setting the world on fire with his play, and he isn't a dynamic personality. Kap got a lot of endorsements because he was doing insane things last post season. He was setting records, and the main reason the Niners made the Superbowl. No offense to wilson, but they were going to make their run with or without him.

I know everyone wants to make wilson out to be fucking Robin Hood or something, but he is in a business. He is going to say all the right things, because that is what he does, but he wants to get paid. He might take a hometown discount, but he isn't going to fuck his future over it. It is the same thing the Niners have to deal with.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he wants them on the team, but be realistic... he is trying to earn a living. He isn't going to be fighting endorsement deals off with a stick. It helps that he is a champion now, but he isn't setting the world on fire with his play, and he isn't a dynamic personality. Kap got a lot of endorsements because he was doing insane things last post season. He was setting records, and the main reason the Niners made the Superbowl. No offense to wilson, but they were going to make their run with or without him.

I know everyone wants to make wilson out to be fucking Robin Hood or something, but he is in a business. He is going to say all the right things, because that is what he does, but he wants to get paid. He might take a hometown discount, but he isn't going to fuck his future over it. It is the same thing the Niners have to deal with.

WRONG… Without Wilson were not champs right now… Without question Russell is the best qb we've had in our teams history… It's not the gaudy numbers he puts up it's the big play's he makes at crucial times… He didn't throw a pick the entire playoffs and he was incredibly efficient on the big stage…

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Forbes, Brady makes ~7mil this year in endorsements. For comparison, Peyton is listed at ~12, and is one of the bigger NFL guys in visible endorsements. Brees gets ~11, Rodgers gets~6, Eli gets ~8, flacco and Ben make ~1 each.

I think it's more about being among the best than just winning, with an exception of Eli piggybacking off of his brother.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG… Without Wilson were not champs right now… Without question Russell is the best qb we've had in our teams history… It's not the gaudy numbers he puts up it's the big play's he makes at crucial times… He didn't throw a pick the entire playoffs and he was incredibly efficient on the big stage…

OK...he didn't throw an INT during the playoffs but he only through 3 TD's, and only attempted 68 passes. Yes, he is efficient, but you think that is enough for him to get endorsements to the level of taking so much less money they can offer their best 3 players enough to keep them all? Efficient is just another way of saying "game manager." I am not trying to say that he is a bad QB, but the best in franchise history is wrong. matt hasselbeck was better. wilson has a defense that is leaps and bounds better than any defense the team has ever had. The defense won the Superbowl. And if what you say is correct, that without wilson they don't win the Superbowl, you think that isn't going to demand even more money when contract time is up?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell Wilson treads Terrelle Pryor territory sometimes (running around 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage) and flirts with disaster a bit too much.

I think you guys could have even won the SuperBowl with a game manager like Alex Smith because of your defense and his lack of turnovers. Heck, I think you could have won the SB with a 2001 era Trent Dilfer.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...he didn't throw an INT during the playoffs but he only through 3 TD's, and only attempted 68 passes. Yes, he is efficient, but you think that is enough for him to get endorsements to the level of taking so much less money they can offer their best 3 players enough to keep them all? Efficient is just another way of saying "game manager." I am not trying to say that he is a bad QB, but the best in franchise history is wrong. matt hasselbeck was better. wilson has a defense that is leaps and bounds better than any defense the team has ever had. The defense won the Superbowl. And if what you say is correct, that without wilson they don't win the Superbowl, you think that isn't going to demand even more money when contract time is up?

Matt would crack at times and mentally fall apart… Wilson let's things go and moves forward … From a mental standpoint I like Russ WAY more than Matt… Matt would a been in the hospital mid season when our O-line was decimated… lol …. Russ just has a good feel for the game and situations aren't to big for him… I watched Matt fall apart over and over during his career.. He had decent numbers but on the big stage he made some critical mistakes… Russ is just more sure of what he wants and doesn't freak out when something bad happens…

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to add to your Kaepernick hate, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson does less by choice. Dammit, someone put Kool-Aid in my drink.

I cannot justify or condone his behavior outside the ring.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To break down the QB's listed...

Joe Flacco- boring
Ben Rothlisberger- r*pe charges
Tom Brady- Uggs commercial... and his wife is a super model. I really think he wanted to stay out of the spot light, he's going just fine.

RW is an underdog with a ring and says all the right things. I actually like the guy even though he plays for the hawks it really is hard not to. I'd like to see Kap take notes.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson treads Terrelle Pryor territory sometimes (running around 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage) and flirts with disaster a bit too much.

I think you guys could have even won the SuperBowl with a game manager like Alex Smith because of your defense and his lack of turnovers. Heck, I think you could have won the SB with a 2001 era Trent Dilfer.

No way… With Trent Dilfer you guy's beat us… Your D would a ate him up… Even with our good defense you guy's would a done enough… Remember you guy's have and elite D as well…

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jim Zorn was pretty good, the prototype for Wilson actually

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is probably the best safety in the league and Sherman is probably the best CB. Thomas will be cheaper to sign because of his position. Sherman will look for Revis money and I don't see how the Seahawks can pay that.

I don't see Wilson looking for a hometown discount. This might be the only huge contract that Wilson gets. I'm sure his agent will look to maximize his value. I don't see any less then 18mil a year. I could see his first couple years being in the 15-16 range then jumping to the 21-22 range.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt would crack at times and mentally fall apart… Wilson let's things go and moves forward … From a mental standpoint I like Russ WAY more than Matt… Matt would a been in the hospital mid season when our O-line was decimated… lol …. Russ just has a good feel for the game and situations aren't to big for him… I watched Matt fall apart over and over during his career.. He had decent numbers but on the big stage he made some critical mistakes… Russ is just more sure of what he wants and doesn't freak out when something bad happens…

I agree with that. I have said many times on here that wilson has great composure and that is his biggest asset and perfect for that team. wilson has that defense to rely on. hasselbeck had to make a lot more plays.

Look at andrew luck. The guy has to do everything for the colts offense so he makes a lot of mistakes and people undervalue him. But the truth is, he makes more mistakes because he has to do so much. He turned Jeff Garciaed that organization. Now it is up to the front office to build around him if they are gonna turn the corner.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is going to get paid he may take a discount but he's not even making a million dollars a year I don't believe so even 12 million is a huge swing in the cap, but keep reaching for that pie in the sky seahawks fans.