• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really...everything else is noise....just one word is needed to show he is not CLOSE to the "most dominant center in the league"

Ajinca

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averages for the last 4 games:

Whiteside 16 pts 16 rbs 3 blocks
Gobert 12 pts 14 rbs 1 assist 3 blocks

I actually think Gobert and Whiteside have extremely similar games. Both have really bright futures ahead.

I think they are both very close talent-wise....when guys are that close talent wise- as long as team fit is equal, i look at their ages (as the younger the guy, the better shot they have not hit their prime and still have development left) and their off- the court behavior . Gobert is 3 years younger- and did not run him self out of every major league in the world before getting his act together playing in Lebanon.....

so id go with Gobert.....but its very close....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really...everything else is noise....just one word is needed to show he is not CLOSE to the "most dominant center in the league"

Ajinca

You are a consensus clown, voted on by every other member of every other fan base here.
I just cannot wait until this happens...:sadbron:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy just can't stand anyone saying anything positive about any player that isn't on the Cavs and really can't stand anyone saying anything positive about a Heat player.

please read comment 295 where I COMPLIMENT Whiteside immensely.

as well as this guy has played for 2 MONTHS, I would NOT HESITATE to take Cousins, Noah, Jordan, Gasol, over him-----Vucevic, Horford or Drummond id take without much thought too- and id have to think about Gobert and Valunciunas.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a consensus clown, voted on by every other member of every other fan base here.
I just cannot wait until this happens...:sadbron:

maybe if you guys get to .500 and the kid plays HALF a season, and he learns the fundamentals of 1 on 1 defense so some guy named Ajinca doesnt dominate him- and Mozgov doesnt go for a season high against him- youd have an argument that was simply insane rather than bat-shit crazy

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if you guys get to .500 and the kid plays HALF a season, and he learns the fundamentals of 1 on 1 defense so some guy named Ajinca doesnt dominate him- and Mozgov doesnt go for a season high against him- youd have an argument that was simply insane rather than bat-shit crazy

Mosgov without James is garbage.
Whiteside without much has been elite.

Pretty much the Cavs roster without James has proven to be garbage.
You just can't seem to get a grip on that.
Is it Whitesides fault IN ANY WAY that the Heat has a poor record?

And who you or possibly I would "take" has nothing to do with who has been BETTER the last several weeks.

Westbrook has been the best player in the league. That doesn't mean he IS the best player (even though I'm beginning to wonder).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further..Is there anything more unbiased then FanDuel?
Look at each position tonight by price
Top PG Curry
Top SG Harden
Top SF James
Top PF AD
Top C Cousins, followed by Whiteside.

And Cousins has been very dominant on both ends of the court. I have no issue with anyone saying that he has been the better C of the 2, but anyone else on the list...nope.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond is right there too: 16pts, 13rbs, 3 blocks over the last 4 games

Definitely, if not for Greg Monroe then Drummond would probably be putting up 20/20 games on the regular.

I only use the last 4 games because Gobert has only been starting for a short time but I compared him to Whiteside because I feel like they have similar body types and skill sets, not because I think they are the 2 best Centers in the league. Just to clear things up.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are both very close talent-wise....when guys are that close talent wise- as long as team fit is equal, i look at their ages (as the younger the guy, the better shot they have not hit their prime and still have development left) and their off- the court behavior . Gobert is 3 years younger- and did not run him self out of every major league in the world before getting his act together playing in Lebanon.....

so id go with Gobert.....but its very close....

Whiteside won a few awards in China, he's actually been pretty successful overseas.

Gobert is a very good passer for a Rookie Big too, but neither have great post moves yet. It will be fun to watch how they both progress.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who you or possibly I would "take" has nothing to do with who has been BETTER the last several weeks.

.[/QUOTE]

Marc Gasol has- he is targeted by the other team every single night- and despite that 16 pts 7 boards 3.5 assists, 2.1 blocks in February and he has hit a couple crazy game winning shots while being the leader of his team that is one of the best and he can actually play defense against opposing centers.

Andre Drummond! who I think is the best young big in the game outside of Anthony Davis- who only went for 16 and 13 and 1.5 in February- who is by the way, only 21 years old. I cant imagine where he will be once he is done maturing physically- and is 25 years old

HOW ABOUT FREAKING DEANDRE JORDAN! sees Blake Griffin do down- and all he did in February was go for 16 pts and 17 boards 1.5 blocks and 1.1 steals per game! who has been leading his team to wins in the WEST- despite the 2nd best player on the team being hurt- THAT is a truly dominant center that changes outcomes of games on his own

"Most dominant center in the game"- Do you even know who Demarcus Cousins is? How can you even SAY such a thing about Whiteside- i mean, this is why its a delusional joke. 24 pts, 11 boards 4 assists, 2.1 blocks, 1.0 steals in February. THAT is a stat line that qualifies as "most dominant big man in the game"- him and Jordan have by FAR BY FAR BY FAR better arguments than Whiteside.

How about Al Horford- the best player on the team with the best record in the NBA? All he did was go for 15 and 11 with 3.5 assists in February?

-Nikola Vucevic? 24 years old- plays on a team practically by himself - and went for 22 and and 12 and he can ACTUALLY be on the court at the end of games since he hist 72% of his free throws.

you can make an argument for Whiteside against some of these guys- but there is NO argument you can make for Jordan and Cousins.

should we make a new award for Whiteside? One of the best players at his position over a month?

Replace the Player of the Month award?

with, One of the best Point Guard of the month?

with, One of the best Shooting Guards of the month?

with, one of the best Small Forward of the month? .....etc......

We could give Whiteside- the One of The Best Centers of the Month Award!!!!!!!:L

Or how about the "Delusional homer Most Dominant Center in the League Award over a cherry picked amount of time" It would have to be a pretty big trophy to get all that text on it- But doesnt being one of the best at your position over the period of about 20 starts deserve you being considered the most dominant center in the game? I mean cmon! OF COURSE IT DOES! LOL

The part that really pisses me off is that I have acknowledged multiple times that I think Whiteside is a damn good young player. I just did my "Franchise Players" post- and had him included among the best 18 "young" players in the game- even though 25 is kind of a stretch in the NBa to be considered young- i gave him the benefit of the doubt since this is just his 2nd stint in the NBA- and the previous times he didnt really play.

I think Whiteside is a great young player. The Heat got a STEAL wheen they found him in that they pay him the league minimum both THIS YEAR and NEXT YEAR. He is right there with elite young guys that were taken at the top of the draft and have been hailed as future all stars like Valuciunas, Gobert, Vucevic, Drummond, Len.

He is one of the top rebounders in the entire NBA, and one of the top shot blockers in the entire NBA. a 7 footer that gets an easy 10 points without a play being called for him that can guard the rim and rebound like that is worth his weight in gold.

but he is still raw despite being 25. His individual defense is average at best. He is a huge liability at the line. If you go at him you can get him in foul trouble. His offense is very limited at this point.

thats why its a freaking delusional joke to call him "the most dominant center in the game"- SHIT- Kyrie has made 3 all star teams and is still only 22 years old- but i would NEVER say at this point that he is the "most dominant point guard in the game".

There is NO LOGICAL argument what so ever to back up that statement Turnuptheheat. NONe, ZIPPO.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHITESIDE IS ALEX LEN'S BITCH. Headlock takedown FTW.

*waits for angry Heat fans reply*

"Check his #'s, who won?, etc."

Really though, if Whiteside keeps this up he is the story of the year no doubt. Unlike Lin during Lin-sanity, I can actually see Whiteside being very good for years to come. This is no fluke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is getting his ass torn up by Gortat tonight- the same Wizards team that has been ice cold lately. 8 minutes left in the 2nd and Gortat has 10 boards and 8 points already while Whiteside has 0 rebounds and 2 points

and again, I really like Whitesides game a lot- but there is a big difference between being really good and being "the most dominant center in the league".....the difference is probably about a half a pint of vodka

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can bring it every night right from the start… that being said, if Gortat is eating him alive that's not good. He's the softest "tough looking" dude in the NBA. Trust me, I watched him many times in PHX. He got abused defensively against teams with good bigs.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why Wiggy gets so much shit from you guys… at least he isn't a troll that won't explain himself. He does bring up some valid points in his replies, though I do admit sometimes I feel like he aims to piss off Heat fans in unnecessary situations.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHITESIDE IS ALEX LEN'S BITCH. Headlock takedown FTW.

*waits for angry Heat fans reply*

"Check his #'s, who won?, etc."

Really though, if Whiteside keeps this up he is the story of the year no doubt. Unlike Lin during Lin-sanity, I can actually see Whiteside being very good for years to come. This is no fluke.

I totally agree. For him to come off the street- after ruining his initial chance in the league with a terrible attitude- to work his way up through every low level rats nest of a league over seas to finally getting his break after playing in the Lebanesse's basketball association- one that is not a top 50 league for scouting- is remarkable.

he really doesnt have any comps- the closest I think would maybe be Ben Wallace- all though- i hesitate to go there yet as Wallace won multiple DPOY awards and Whiteside has yet to start 30 games.

but waht an absolute steal- and the fact taht he makes nothingsalary wise is amazing. It lets them add another great player like Dragic and be able to afford it for this year and next.

Sting....i know your biased- but Len or Whitside? - I think Whiteside is obviously playing better now, but Len is what? 21? and Whiteside is 25....tough call....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. For him to come off the street- after ruining his initial chance in the league with a terrible attitude- to work his way up through every low level rats nest of a league over seas to finally getting his break after playing in the Lebanesse's basketball association- one that is not a top 50 league for scouting- is remarkable.

he really doesnt have any comps- the closest I think would maybe be Ben Wallace- all though- i hesitate to go there yet as Wallace won multiple DPOY awards and Whiteside has yet to start 30 games.

but waht an absolute steal- and the fact taht he makes nothingsalary wise is amazing. It lets them add another great player like Dragic and be able to afford it for this year and next.

Sting....i know your biased- but Len or Whitside? - I think Whiteside is obviously playing better now, but Len is what? 21? and Whiteside is 25....tough call....

That is a very tough call indeed. Len has shown flashes of becoming a top 5 center in the NBA in the next couple years and I absolutely love his game. His defense is so damn good, not only does he block shots, but he disrupts them more than any Suns center has in the last 10+ years and he's only 21.

I think if it's about upside you go with Len due to his age/contract situation. If you're going for someone playing better NOW that could help you win in the next 2-3 years I think Whiteside because he's more polished. Can't go wrong either way. Once Len's offense develops he will be very scary with how he can already run the floor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can bring it every night right from the start… that being said, if Gortat is eating him alive that's not good. He's the softest "tough looking" dude in the NBA. Trust me, I watched him many times in PHX. He got abused defensively against teams with good bigs.

Total bullshit.
I guess it doesn't matter that Wade, Deng, Chalmers and Bosh are out?

The Wizards have been awful lately and are playing like its a game 7 vs a very wounded opponent who just wanted this game to end before it ever began.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total bullshit.
I guess it doesn't matter that Wade, Deng, Chalmers and Bosh are out?

The Wizards have been awful lately and are playing like its a game 7 vs a very wounded opponent who just wanted this game to end before it ever began.

Haha what? I'm not even watching the game and don't know who's playing and who's not playing. I just felt like talking shit about Gortat and his soft ass defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha what? I'm not even watching the game and don't know who's playing and who's not playing. I just felt like talking shit about Gortat and his soft ass defense.

Whiteside also picked up a foul on the very first posession of the game, so of course he had to pretty much not be aggressive.

Facts and Wiggy just usually don't blend to well.