• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched gobert much but gotta think Whiteside is the better rebounder & shot blocker. I don't think there's a better rebounder in the league except Jordan

Whiteside could easily already be considered the most dominant center in the game.
When not in foul trouble, he's an absolute game changer.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside could easily already be considered the most dominant center in the game.

Whiteside has been very impressive. He's a rebounder, not someone who just waits around for the ball to come to him. His shot blocking ability is very good. If he can develop a post game, look out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched gobert much but gotta think Whiteside is the better rebounder & shot blocker. I don't think there's a better rebounder in the league except Jordan

Averages for the last 4 games:

Whiteside 16 pts 16 rbs 3 blocks
Gobert 12 pts 14 rbs 1 assist 3 blocks

I actually think Gobert and Whiteside have extremely similar games. Both have really bright futures ahead.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude...i think your going WAY overboard here.

Whiteside starting playing regular minutes at the end of December- lets just say that he really got going in January. Whiteside was at 14, 13 and 2.5 in Feb and 13, 11, 3.4 in Jan.- a total on the season of 11, 10, 2.5

He has started less than 30 games in his career. Considered the most dominant center in the game? CMONMAN!

.Yet- 13-14 record in the East in those 2 months and its not like hes the only guy on the team. Thats not all Whiteside but if he was truly the "the most dominant center" in the game would they have a losing record in the East???? PUH-LEEZE.

--he definitely gets blocks- but he is not anything more than an average one on one defender at this point- other big men play well against him. Heck- I watched him very close last night- and he played great- but the Lakers big men are not exactly the Grizzlies- and they had solid games. Against the Cavs Mozgov had a season high in points against him and Thompson/Mozgov were a combined 17 of 19. Against the Hawks- Horford didnt even play, against the Pelicans Davis didnt even play, and neither did Anderson and some bench center named Ajinca dominated.

Whiteside is a top rebounder in the league. He is a top shot blocker- but he is not a good one on one defender, he cant shoot free throws, he doesnt really have an offensive game besides put backs and the occasional baby-hook. All of these defects are too be expected of a guy who has not started 30 games in the league.

But they are certainly fatal to any argument as this guy as "the most dominant center in the league"......GMAFB

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...i think your going WAY overboard here.

Whiteside starting playing regular minutes at the end of December- lets just say that he really got going in January. Whiteside was at 14, 13 and 2.5 in Feb and 13, 11, 3.4 in Jan.- a total on the season of 11, 10, 2.5

He has started less than 30 games in his career. Considered the most dominant center in the game? CMONMAN!

.Yet- 13-14 record in the East in those 2 months and its not like hes the only guy on the team. Thats not all Whiteside but if he was truly the "the most dominant center" in the game would they have a losing record in the East???? PUH-LEEZE.

--he definitely gets blocks- but he is not anything more than an average one on one defender at this point- other big men play well against him. Heck- I watched him very close last night- and he played great- but the Lakers big men are not exactly the Grizzlies- and they had solid games. Against the Cavs Mozgov had a season high in points against him and Thompson/Mozgov were a combined 17 of 19. Against the Hawks- Horford didnt even play, against the Pelicans Davis didnt even play, and neither did Anderson and some bench center named Ajinca dominated.

Whiteside is a top rebounder in the league. He is a top shot blocker- but he is not a good one on one defender, he cant shoot free throws, he doesnt really have an offensive game besides put backs and the occasional baby-hook. All of these defects are too be expected of a guy who has not started 30 games in the league.

But they are certainly fatal to any argument as this guy as "the most dominant center in the league"......GMAFB

THIS.....coming from the person who has Kyrie near the top of NBA PG's when he's not even a PG.

Anyway, give me your current list of more dominant centers.

And I'm well aware of the Heats record. Just think what it would have been if they didn't have him.
Wouldn't a better qualifier be what his +/- is?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue:
Some snip its from an article in todays Sun Sentinel.

Whiteside is something the league hasn't seen in quite some time. Center today is more a finesse position, where a player's value is determined by how well he plays on the perimeter. A higher premium is placed on the inside-out game rather protecting the rim … or trying to tear it down at every chance on the offensive end.

"I think he just needed time to develop," said Olajuwon, who worked with Whiteside the summer before he was drafted in 2010. "You saw his potential. He has all the tools. He's very active. I'm happy to see him coming into his own."

"I think about Big Fella [O'Neal] and Zo [Mourning] and those guys who I played with," Haslem said. "Even those guys, when I played with them, they were in their 30s. We're talking about a 25-year-old who has the energy that those guys didn't have when I got the opportunity to play with them."

"Center is definitely a dominating position," Olajuwon said. "And the impact the position puts in this game is a game-changer. It never went away. It's just very rare to find a true big that can dominate."

Whiteside has recorded double-doubles in seven of the past nine games. He already has four 20-rebound games this season despite not joining the rotation until late December. Whiteside's Player Efficiency Ratin (PER) of 27.96 ranks third in the league, higher than MVP candidates Stephen Curry, James Hardenand LeBron James.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is such a hating bitch

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much.
I could see if I said 'most skilled', because he is still raw.
I can't wait to see him in a year or 2.

As far as dominant, he pretty much has already proven that he can't be handled around the basket.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.
I could see if I said 'most skilled', because he is still raw.
I can't wait to see him in a year or 2.

As far as dominant, he pretty much has already proven that he can't be handled around the basket.

when i saw him play the Lakers the other day i was pretty much impressed. i mean, it isn't like the Lakeshow's all that talented, but when you have a guy who pretty much controls the paint, alters shots, etc on a consistent basis you pretty much have you a keeper there. as lakersrule mentioned earlier in the thread if he becomes a decent offensive threat(and improves his free throws) then you have something special...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's been awesome... but I tend to agree that you need to start more than 18 games in the NBA before you can earn the 'most dominant at your position' title.

There's no reason to think he won't keep his level up play up... and I understand the excitement around him... but calling for a little pull on the reins on statements like that is absolutely justified, imo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's been awesome... but I tend to agree that you need to start more than 18 games in the NBA before you can earn the 'most dominant at your position' title.

There's no reason to think he won't keep his level up play up... and I understand the excitement around him... but calling for a little pull on the reins on statements like that is absolutely justified, imo.

What does number of games have to do with currently being the most dominant center in the league?
You either are or you aren't.
So, I'll ask again, who has been more dominant than Whiteside since he has become a starting NBA center?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averages for the last 4 games:

Whiteside 16 pts 16 rbs 3 blocks
Gobert 12 pts 14 rbs 1 assist 3 blocks

I actually think Gobert and Whiteside have extremely similar games. Both have really bright futures ahead.
Drummond is right there too: 16pts, 13rbs, 3 blocks over the last 4 games

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still take DJ over him. DJ averaged 16/17/3 in March. Not just the alst 4 games

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does number of games have to do with currently being the most dominant center in the league?
You either are or you aren't.
So, I'll ask again, who has been more dominant than Whiteside since he has become a starting NBA center?

That, I can get on board with.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still take DJ over him. DJ averaged 16/17/3 in March. Not just the alst 4 games
Drummond has averaged 13/18/6 for March. Of course since it is only March 6th that is not truly an average, it is one game.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond has averaged 13/18/6 for March. Of course since it is only March 6th that is not truly an average, it is one game.
lol I guess I lost track of the date.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAHA....if I am a hating bitch that makes you guys kneelers at the altar of Whitesides jock..

"the most dominant center in the league"

lol, its just too funny

MAYBE GET TO .500?

Maybe he can not get dominated by Ajinca and Mozgov 1 on 1?

maybe he can hit a free throw?

maybe he can make an all star team?

MAYBE HE CAN START FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS !! LOL

its just unreal.....you guys are simply delusional

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy just can't stand anyone saying anything positive about any player that isn't on the Cavs and really can't stand anyone saying anything positive about a Heat player.

I have given Whiteside A TON OF CREDIT!!! Read through this very thread!

but "the most dominant center in the game" ?

that is an absolute freaking delusional joke

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like i said - he is not only out playing expectations- he is playing amazingly

but there are currently big holes in teh guys game- holes that would be in any guys game that has not played more than 2 consistent months in the league

he cant hit a free throw to save his life- his 1 on 1 defense against opposing centers is mediocre to down right poor, he has pretty much no offensive moves

are any of those things his fault? OF COURSE NOT! he hasnt even played a HALF SEASONS worth of games!

to call him "the most dominant in the league" is down right insanity....its a freaking joke.