• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated, your entitled to your opinion, but I guess I'll have to slow it down for you.

I said Gilbert admitted that neither he nor his people had any clue how to build a winning team WITHOUT James.

2. Never saw Pulp Fiction, so I don't get the reference, but I always stand by and live with the results of my decisions.
There is no way on Gods green earth that if I was in Gilbert's shoes would have ever sold my soul to the Devil.

As far as the Heat. LOL. Combine the James blindside with all the injuries and health issues and you become what you become.
In the process though, Riley found a pure PG who is already in love with the city, front office and fans.
In the process he found the first true center that we've had in a decade.

Then, in spite of it all, we will more then likely still make a playoff appearance vs going from the best in the East to the WORST over a cumulative 4 seasons.

And guess what, when you fail to win 16 playoffs games, you're season will be remembered as another epic fail, while we will be saying we had the start of a solid rebuild.

I have no clue how he admits he cannot win by getting James. That does not even make sense on any level.

I have to say i am THRILLED with how things worked out- with LeBron/Kyrie/Love...who are 30, 26, and 22...a team of a bunch of solid role players- a shot at the title this year with the window being open for subsequent years.

If you are glad with how things worked out then thats awesome! If you are happy with being a fringe playoff team in the East, and dont mind losing the pprestige that came with dozens of national games, being the toast of the league, getting the other teams best shot, leading sports center everyday, filling all the arenas on the road (not too mention at home- where your it looked like half the lower bowl was empty for your national TV game the other night)- then thats cool....I applaud you for it.....

me, personally? I would have been interested in seeing what a core of Kyrie/Wiggins/Waiters/Thompson/Zeller/Bennett could have turned into eventually...Jack and Varejao as the immediate vets- with the room tobring in a max guy like a Gordon Heyward......
just for arguments sake something like
PG- Kyrie/Jack
SG- Wiggins
SF- Heyward
PF- Thompson
C- Zeller/Varejao----- along with the picks they dealt to clear space for LeBron, and the picks they dealt for Love- and the pick they dealt for Mozgov.....they would probably be around where the Heat are at this year- but unlike they Heat- they would be on teh upswing- rather than on the downswing....

While that would have been an entertaining bunch to watch......LeBron/Kyrie/Love? I meanare you kidding me? HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN HOW FUN THIS OFFENSE IS TO WATCH WHEN ITS CLICKING? and tis only year 1? its crazy man......and then Griffin patiently waited for Denver and NYK to get out of it and stole Shumpert/Smith/Mozgov for a guy that was a bad fit and a worse teammate (albeit very talented)- to finish off the team......Im just sad that Varejao is hurt and Z is retired and could not be along for this crazy ride that has barely even started.

Ill tell ya- when you are teh toast of the league like the Cavs were with LeBron, you never forget it- Lakers fans know what im talking about- YOU know what i am talking about TUTH....you experienced the last few years.....theres nothing like it- being onnational TV allthe time, in teh spotlight, etc......at one time or another every team goes through it- like the 7 seconds orless Suns, or the Jordan Bulls,or the Wade/James Heat, or the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, or the Big 3 Celtics....

once you lose that, you are always trying to get it back....and it is NOT an easy thing to do.

The Cavs got it back though. And it is MORE fun this time than even last time - because not only do we have LeBron- but also Kyrie and Love.

if you are happy with how the Heat are though right now...I commend you for that.

Cheers to two happy fans!!!!! ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade has no contract.
You think if Whiteside keeps on going that Riley would let him leave by worrying about a 34-35 year old Wade?
You don't think Riley would consider moving Bosh if he has a new vision headed by Dragic/Whiteside?

One thing Heat fans have learned is that we can trust Riley and the FO.
If people like you want to believe stories like they made a mistake by sending Miller packing, then knock yourself out.

Dragic and Whiteside were both playing tonight and all you did was make excuses for them.

You think anyone is taking the last 3 years of Bosh's deal when he is in his mid thirties and making 25M a year and his allergy to contact only getting worse as he ages?

You dont think Wade will get the same kind of severance that Kobe got (albeit a reasonable one)? You really think Riley lets Wade finish his playing days else where? As a Heat fan you would be OK with that?!

the mistake was not cutting Miller- i understand that move- the mistake was that move pissed off LeBron- that is what you fail to understand. Who gives two fucks about Mike Miller? You SHOULD give two fucks about keeping LeBron as happy as possible- because- you see the difference this year- 7th seed in the East- fighting for a playoff spot- OR one of about 3-4 teams that are favorites to win the title.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not have to worry about Monroe. SVG has been praising his game since day one, traded Josh Smith so Monroe can start, and Monroe recently said he would consider resigning with Detroit. Plus Detroit has his bird rights.

damn...well THAT blows...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic and Whiteside were both playing tonight and all you did was make excuses for them.

You think anyone is taking the last 3 years of Bosh's deal when he is in his mid thirties and making 25M a year and his allergy to contact only getting worse as he ages?

You dont think Wade will get the same kind of severance that Kobe got (albeit a reasonable one)? You really think Riley lets Wade finish his playing days else where? As a Heat fan you would be OK with that?!

the mistake was not cutting Miller- i understand that move- the mistake was that move pissed off LeBron- that is what you fail to understand. Who gives two fucks about Mike Miller? You SHOULD give two fucks about keeping LeBron as happy as possible- because- you see the difference this year- 7th seed in the East- fighting for a playoff spot- OR one of about 3-4 teams that are favorites to win the title.

1. You prob should learn to not make specific comments about games if you didn't watch them.
Dragic went down in the 3rd qtr and never returned. Whiteside started to look like he was getting into a rhythm in the 3rd, Washington got nervous, pulled Gortat and both teams played small ball the rest of the game.

2. Tons worse contracts then Boshs have been moved. I hope he stays. Nothing about his game should lead to any type of rapid decline regardless if he's 30, 32 or 35. Can you say that about James?

3. Wade has always sacrificed for the better of the team. Whatever, however, I don't ever expect him to come between Riley and what's most needed to improve his/ their chance to win. He's a Heat lifer. He's going nowhere.

4. James was not at all pissed. I'm not going to rehash this again, but just apply some common sense.
Players talk all the time. They knew Mike was gone. You don't think Wade is going to Riley to tell him that James will be upset if the move is made? It directly also in essence involved him.

And if James wasn't happy with 2 titles in the middle of 4 straight Finals, then fuck him. He's a few years from retiring IMO, and I doubt this season would have ended any different then last season.
He and Nike have/ had their own agenda, which is fine.
And, I nor anyone with any common sense expects to play for championships every season.
Part of being a fan is staying loyal through mediocre and bad years.
Our patience has many times been rewarded. It's not normal in any sport to play in 5 Finals in a decade.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: They cut Josh Smith not traded him, mental lapse.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, after they traded for Jackson I posted that if they were to resign Monroe and Jackson then they would be a playoff team in the East for years to come with the right roleplayers around them. If they still have Jennings under contract I'd take what I could get for him and go with Jackson.
Maybe Jackson and the Pistons just need more time to get familiar and comfortable playing with each other, but the team was playing much better with Jennings than with Jackson. Jennings has one more year on his contract and will be coming off a major injury. It will be interesting to see what SVG does as I don't think you can hold on to both.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keeping LeBron? You let a player hold the franchise hostage? GTFO. If it was any other player you'd be ripping that player apart.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Heat vs Wizards game last night......

Henry Walker, Tyler Johnson and Hasan Whiteside started for the Heat last night. 2 players (Walker and Whiteside) that wasn't on the roster before the season and 1 player (Johnson) that weren't expected to do much.

And the Heat rallied and lost by just 2.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henry Walker, Tyler Johnson and Hasan Whiteside started for the Heat last night. 2 players (Walker and Whiteside) that wasn't on the roster before the season and 1 player (Johnson) that weren't expected to do much.

Lead by Beasleys 13 4th qtr pts,:nod:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs were without 3 key starters somebody would have had an embolism in defending them.

*weren't on the roster*

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

Hassan Whiteside: "I worked out for the Lakers. I thought they could use me. I guess not."

— Jason Lieser (@PBPjasonlieser) March 5, 2015

However, the Lakers weren't the only team to drop the ball on Whiteside. Miami was the only team that gave him a chance and it paid off huge dividends.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, the Lakers weren't the only team to drop the ball on Whiteside. Miami was the only team that gave him a chance and it paid off huge dividends.

Miami didn't even know what they had. No one did (probably not even Whiteside). Miami just needed a big body and Whiteside has one. Sometimes teams get lucky like that.

What's that Chick Hearn used to say? Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you've really got something.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami didn't even know what they had. No one did. Miami just needed a big body and Whiteside has one. Sometimes teams get lucky like that.

Yep. I'm hoping Black can develop into a decent backup after picking him up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami didn't even know what they had. No one did (probably not even Whiteside). Miami just needed a big body and Whiteside has one. Sometimes teams get lucky like that.

What's that Chick Hearn used to say? Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you've really got something.

Maybe all those other Teams did have it right , at that time, if he was a headcase.

Looks like he is growing up. But, he still gets a bunch of T's.

I wonder if that is why Spo glued his ass to the bench last night?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all those other Teams did have it right , at that time, if he was a headcase.

Not the reason at all.
Washington went small, Spoelstra pretty much threw in a mop up lineup, and then the Heat went on a massive run, so he just stuck with them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've read and heard, it seems like there was some kind of confidence issue or something with him. Heat fans would probably know more of the back story on him.