• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the era of haskins begun

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a scouting report... there are going to be positives and negatives in any scouting report. You claimed you have been searching for the negatives I posted and claimed they didn't exist. I provided the links.

These flaws aren't something that can be brushed to the side. They are very very serious limitations in a quarterback. A lot of the same limitations Jason Campbell had.

I've seen these limitations in his play through preseason, when he played Michigan, and his relief appearance. Limited exposure, I know, however these scouts who are a lot smarter then you and I when it comes to this stuff pointed out these weaknesses and they have shown up in his game from what we have seen

looks to be about the same weaknesses as your qb in Philly

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in any of that does it say he is unable to get the ball out of his hands?

1) Mechanics – Does have a little bit of a drop of the ball in his delivery, nothing egregious but there's a slight delay from when he mentally pulls the trigger and when the ball shoots out. Pretty compact otherwise and gets over the top at his release point.

2) Footwork –Requires some real estate, can be a bit of a long strider in delivery and when handcuffed allows the ball to get away from him. Quick snap on sudden throws to the flat. Shows good lower body rotation when he's afforded a sizable amount of space.

3) Will need to improve anticipatory intermediate throws

4) Has to be willing to come off primary reads when coverage dictates it

5) Needs to expedite his process in the face of pressure

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks to be about the same weaknesses as your qb in Philly

Wentz weaknesses

-health
-connecting with players in locker room (apparently) though I say get rid of Jeffrey and Agoholar ASAP THEY are the problem not him
-tendency to sail passes

anticipation, movement in pocket, feel/awareness, getting ball out of hands, he is light years ahead of haskins

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he

has no basis for it , he cant look at film and interpret it because if he did he wouldnt make foolish statements like he does . , he is simply trolling or he is ignorant of how to evaluate the position

"doesn't watch film"
LOL

Skinsdad watches highlights on twitter/youtube

"Derrrp he good!"

sorry my objective analysis surpasses you, who views everything with rose colored glasses watching highlights LOL

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz weaknesses

-health
-connecting with players in locker room (apparently) though I say get rid of Jeffrey and Agoholar ASAP THEY are the problem not him
-tendency to sail passes

anticipation, movement in pocket, feel/awareness, getting ball out of hands, he is light years ahead of haskins

his best ability was being strong in the pocket and extending plays. After a couple injuries that has went away just like I said it would the moment he avoided the sack from about five redskins. I knew that wouldn’t work for long

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best ability was being strong in the pocket and extending plays. After a couple injuries that has went away just like I said it would the moment he avoided the sack from about five redskins. I knew that wouldn’t work for long

aside from the stinker against Dallas he has played really really well this season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"doesn't watch film"
LOL

Skinsdad watches highlights on twitter/youtube

"Derrrp he good!"

sorry my objective analysis surpasses you, who views everything with rose colored glasses watching highlights LOL
well as we all know your conclusions are all wrong to include twitter/ you tube . coaches 22 try it maybe you will learn something for even the evidence you submit doesnt back up your claim

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as we all know your conclusions are all wrong to include twitter/ you tube . coaches 22 try it maybe you will learn something for even the evidence you submit doesnt back up your claim

punctuation please

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing, they can't keep saying well we can't start him in game X because they have a tough D. If he can play the time is now. Why keep losing with Colt Keenum? Even if they lose with Haskin's let him gain some experience.

Because again, you are putting far too much faith in our management. We are losing this year either way. I fear that Haskins is going to be a bust, but I don’t want to see the team invest another early 1st in QB next year.

And I fear they would do just that if Haskins sucks as bad as I think he will.

He is not ready. Give him this season to watch and learn (what not to do), then he should enter training camp next season as the unquestioned starter.

Then, if he sucks in 2020 we can start thinking about drafting another QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because again, you are putting far too much faith in our management. We are losing this year either way. I fear that Haskins is going to be a bust, but I don’t want to see the team invest another early 1st in QB next year.

He is not ready. Give him this season to watch and learn (what not to do), then he should enter training camp next season as the unquestioned starter.

Wrong! I have no faith in this management. If you could assign I a negative number in my faith in this FO office that would be me. I don't see anywhere that I said anything about believing in our FO. They are not going to improve next year either.

Although I would start Haskin's after the Vikings game or after the Buffalo game I cannot argue with anyone who wants to wait. Unless the argument is the projected QB class in 2020 vs. 2021 and I am not sure what a scout would say about that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong! I have no faith in this management. If you could assign I a negative number in my faith in this FO office that would be me. I don't see anywhere that I said anything about believing in our FO. They are not going to improve next year either.

Although I would start Haskin's after the Vikings game or after the Buffalo game I cannot argue with anyone who wants to wait. Unless the argument is the projected QB class in 2020 vs. 2021 and I am not sure what a scout would say about that.

Again though,

I fear the Skins would pull a Cardinals if Haskins gets his chance and totally screws up.

And for the record, the Cardinals did the right thing because Rosen is terrible and Murray looks pretty good.

But still. Don’t want the Skins to do that. Too many other holes. And if Haskins sits this year, there is almost no chance they draft a QB high this spring.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed! Give the guy a full chance to impress and have everyone stop calling him a bust when this organization as currently constructed knows nothing but failure. I'm going to start a new thread on that question, look for it as I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Give the guy a full chance to impress and have everyone stop calling him a bust when this organization as currently constructed knows nothing but failure. I'm going to start a new thread on that question, look for it as I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

Who has called him a bust. I don't think saying it looks like we could have a top 3 pick, lets see what he has in case someone you might (MIGHT) like better is available. Of course we have already talked about the dysfunction in the organization, so they could screw this kid or another up.

From the time Bruce got here and he and Dan engineered the trade for Donovan … well that speaks volumes for this FO.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has called him a bust. I don't think saying it looks like we could have a top 3 pick, lets see what he has in case someone you might (MIGHT) like better is available. Of course we have already talked about the dysfunction in the organization, so they could screw this kid or another up.

From the time Bruce got here and he and Dan engineered the trade for Donovan … well that speaks volumes for this FO.

"Who has called him a bust?" Everyone who has already called for the drafting of a QB in the next draft!

I agree, let's see what he has in this dysfunctional work place!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Who has called him a bust?" Everyone who has already called for the drafting of a QB in the next draft!

I agree, let's see what he has in this dysfunctional work place!

I don't agree that means he is being called a bust. It means if you have a pair of kings in your hand and a pair of aces shows up in the blind you don't have to ignore them. It doesn't mean you don't take a LT or the next great edge rusher so you can finally get rid of Kerrigan. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that means he is being called a bust. It means if you have a pair of kings in your hand and a pair of aces shows up in the blind you don't have to ignore them. It doesn't mean you don't take a LT or the next great edge rusher so you can finally get rid of Kerrigan. :D

Really? without knowing what they already have in the guy drafted at 15?

Beyond that, here's my suspicion about drafting another QB first next year. He will be another QB with big time game experience, but they will treat him like he just hopped off of a bus from Dillyville, Montana. He won't be ready to go either ( my constant stance) and there will be calls for him to start and questions about his readiness if he doesn't. Some will embrace the coaches position that he isn't "ready" while others will wonder aloud "why?' He'll get thrown into a game when the position is, "he isn't ready" and having no package of plays look bad enough to have a chorus begin singing for the drafting of yet another QB in 2021! (probably Lawrence)

We just can't do this shit man, promise me that the dysfunction blanketing the organization hasn't now affected the fan base on a scale heretofore unseen! My fear is... it's too late!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beyond that, here's my suspicion about drafting another QB first next year. He will be another QB with big time game experience, but they will treat him like he just hopped off of a bus from Dillyville, Montana. He won't be ready to go either ( my constant stance) and there will be calls for him to start and questions about his readiness if he doesn't. Some will embrace the coaches position that he isn't "ready" while others will wonder aloud "why?' He'll get thrown into a game when the position is, "he isn't ready" and having no package of plays look bad enough to have a chorus begin singing for the drafting of yet another QB in 2021! (probably Lawrence)

We just can't do this shit man, promise me that the dysfunction blanketing the organization hasn't now affected the fan base on a scale heretofore unseen! My fear is... it's too late!

Sty, I don't think there is a chance in hell the Redskins are going to draft a QB in the 1st round next year. Dan wanted Haskin's and I think he is safe. I think he will have a few years to prove his worth.

My stance is my opinion if they end up with a top 3 or better pick. It doesn't mean they WILL draft a QB just evaluate the top guy or two.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing the Chiefs didn't use this logic. :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not fair to label him a bust now.

But I absolutely do thing he will go down as a bust eventually. Predicting it is different than labeling somebody, IMO.