• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the era of haskins begun

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard several suggest this and I agree. The team has a short week coming up so stick with Case since there are only three days to prepare.

The game after that is Buffalo, they have 10 days to get Dwayne ready. Start him against Buffalo. That is followed by the bye so they have 2 weeks to prepare him for his 2nd start.

After Minnesota they are likely 1-7. There is no reason not to start Haskins. They don't have to give him the entire play book. Give him some things he is comfortable with.

Don’t start him against Buffalo unless you want to get him killed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t start him against Buffalo unless you want to get him killed.

That is the thing, they can't keep saying well we can't start him in game X because they have a tough D. If he can play the time is now. Why keep losing with Colt Keenum? Even if they lose with Haskin's let him gain some experience.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing, they can't keep saying well we can't start him in game X because they have a tough D. If he can play the time is now. Why keep losing with Colt Keenum? Even if they lose with Haskin's let him gain some experience.

Haskins is like a Powerball ticket. They bought him, and at the moment they can pimp the angle that he will make all the Redskins fans dreams a reality. If they put him on the field now and he isnt the franchise QB, then it damages ticket sales for 2020. As long as he is the future, he is the cash cow. If he sucks as the NOW, then they either have to find a new future, or hope the fan base will be OK with him while they add other pieces.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feeling about this (starting Haskins) most of it related to the dysfunction environment that he finds himself having to work in. To be clear, I'm still in favor of him sitting out this season, but, the risk/reward ratio is not in his favor if he sits or plays.

Given the current starters and how poorly they are playing, it seems highly irresponsible to ask the young man to perform so well that he lifts the play of those around him. Failing to do that, I don't expect that his numbers will give an already questioning fan base, enough to confidently proclaim him the answer going into next year.

While he sits, there's a growing number of folks who are questioning his "readiness" as a true mark against the guy who can't start over Case or Colt. Why??, because that's the company line and supposedly, who knows better than the coaches that are working with him, right? Wrong!, if you look a bit deeper into what "ready" by their terms entails. Rather than rehashing them all, let me ask... how much further along would the young man be, had he been given a package of plays at the beginning of OTA's to master? How much further along would he have been if he was allotted some time with the first team in order to work on said plays against starting caliber players? Why wasn't there more focus on his development until Bill Callahan decided that these are the things that they will do for him going forward? Yes, he was very inexperienced in the pro game but knew how to play football, it's not rocket science. By all accounts this player was smart, studied very well, had all of the physical tools, rarely made the same mistake twice, among a pretty impressive number of other attributes, and yet, was treated as if he needed to take baby steps, when he already knew how to walk!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feeling about this (starting Haskins) most of it related to the dysfunction environment that he finds himself having to work in. To be clear, I'm still in favor of him sitting out this season, but, the risk/reward ratio is not in his favor if he sits or plays.

Given the current starters and how poorly they are playing, it seems highly irresponsible to ask the young man to perform so well that he lifts the play of those around him. Failing to do that, I don't expect that his numbers will give an already questioning fan base, enough to confidently proclaim him the answer going into next year.

While he sits, there's a growing number of folks who are questioning his "readiness" as a true mark against the guy who can't start over Case or Colt. Why??, because that's the company line and supposedly, who knows better than the coaches that are working with him, right? Wrong!, if you look a bit deeper into what "ready" by their terms entails. Rather than rehashing them all, let me ask... how much further along would the young man be, had he been given a package of plays at the beginning of OTA's to master? How much further along would he have been if he was allotted some time with the first team in order to work on said plays against starting caliber players? Why wasn't there more focus on his development until Bill Callahan decided that these are the things that they will do for him going forward? Yes, he was very inexperienced in the pro game but knew how to play football, it's not rocket science. By all accounts this player was smart, studied very well, had all of the physical tools, rarely made the same mistake twice, among a pretty impressive number of other attributes, and yet, was treated as if he needed to take baby steps, when he already knew how to walk!

This question was just addressed on TV this morning by Craig Hoffman. He said Gruden said this year was going to be a redshirt year for Dwayne. If that is the case there is no need to give him a package of plays. You let him learn the entire playbook. You don't give a 2nd grader the first 3 weeks of school then promote him to 3rd grade the following year after only giving him the first few weeks. Silly analogy maybe but it gets my point across.

The package of plays comes when you decide to start him. That is when you sit him down and ask what he likes and feels comfortable with. Now, to your point. There were times when Cousin's would tell Gruden he preferred some plays more than others. Gruden would do it but he also groused that he could not use his entire playbook. I think we both know that good coaching is playing to your personnel's strengths.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start with the first thing concerning RGIII. I was not among his vehement defenders, I believed that the organization mishandled him from the start. In fact , I still believe this, and the resurrection of his career in Baltimore made the case for that, when everyone else declared his career over. I get it, some people can't make the distinction between attacking the organization and defending the player, but that of course, is their issue.

Be honest, you didn't check out any of the video's that I provided for you, did you? Instead you post something without a true reference and expect me to believe that you didn't make it up because of your admitted bias against O State? Maybe you did find it somewhere and relied upon that because it depicted him in the worse light possible and that's OK too! However, I have to caution you, I too searched for every negative thing that I could find on the guy and found nothing close to what you've posted here. That's OK, so to be fair to you, provide the link, I'll go through it, and we can go from there.

One other thing, you said nothing about the bias towards Griffin and his reluctance to protect himself and Ramsey who also failed to protect himself. I also believe that it was Heath Shuler who ran for congress, not Ramsey. Perhaps he ran for a state office somewhere but that's inconsequential to our conversation. Why, because I also tossed my hat into the political ring at an earlier point in my life. It doesn't make one smarter, in fact, some will argue that it can be reason to question the sanity of the candidate. :D

I await that link.

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Dwayne Haskins | NFL.com

Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

I loved/love RG3. He didn't protect himself at all. He also did not know how to slide which was weird.

Ramsey didn't fail to protect himself, Spurrier failed to protect him. Base offense was 5 WR sets. No blocking TEs, no RBs to pickup blitz. Ramsey had no chance in that system.

I mixed up Ramsey and Shuler in regards to the office position held. However, it allowed me to look into Ramsey background more and he was a scholar athlete and did a lot of things in the academic world. Hardly a pea brain.

I'm sorry man but early returns on Haskins are not good. I personally have very very little confidence in him NOT busting. I don't know what to tell you. I definitely think you hold some sort of bias and I'm still trying to figure out where that comes from.

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing that on? Even the articles you posted have him being a good NFL QB. You cant go off of one bad outing. Have you watched Daniel Jones lately. Sure he has his moments here and there, but he is becoming a turn over machine. Way too early to tell on either of theses guys.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing that on? Even the articles you posted have him being a good NFL QB. You cant go off of one bad outing. Have you watched Daniel Jones lately. Sure he has his moments here and there, but he is becoming a turn over machine. Way too early to tell on either of theses guys.

not being able to get the ball out of your hands is the worst attribute in my opinion that a quarterback, rookie quarterback can have.

Jason Campbell was the worst. I could not stand watching that guy play. Haskins feels a lot like Jason Campbell 2.0 except Campbell had more experience and was graded higher as a prospect

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in any of that does it say he is unable to get the ball out of his hands?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ramsey didn't fail to protect himself, Spurrier failed to protect him. Base offense was 5 WR sets. No blocking TEs, no RBs to pickup blitz. Ramsey had no chance in that system."

Funny thing is Spurrier wasn't out of touch, just did not know how to implement this same set in the NFL. Teams use 4 and 5 receiver sets with an empty backfield now. But they have ways to combat the blitzes Spurrier struggled some with.

I always wondered about Spurrier, he was a great college QB, Heisman winner and very successful college coach. He was an NFL QB (mostly backup) for about 10 years. Yeah, he had his southern accent etc. but he knew the game. Maybe it was just the fact that he didn't want to put the hours in the NFL job or maybe it was working with/for Dan and Vinny.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question was just addressed on TV this morning by Craig Hoffman. He said Gruden said this year was going to be a redshirt year for Dwayne. If that is the case there is no need to give him a package of plays. You let him learn the entire playbook. You don't give a 2nd grader the first 3 weeks of school then promote him to 3rd grade the following year after only giving him the first few weeks. Silly analogy maybe but it gets my point across.

The package of plays comes when you decide to start him. That is when you sit him down and ask what he likes and feels comfortable with. Now, to your point. There were times when Cousin's would tell Gruden he preferred some plays more than others. Gruden would do it but he also groused that he could not use his entire playbook. I think we both know that good coaching is playing to your personnel's strengths.

What utter nonsense! They didn't redshirt him, he's the back-up QB and has been that since the season began. Gruden can say anything he wants to now, but as a rule of thumb, action has always spoken louder than words!

The package of plays come because he's the next man up, period! Not because you've decided to start him. It is coaching malpractice to not have your backups ready to go in a game noted for sudden injuries. He's learning the playbook, whatever it now happens to be. BTW; I don't believe that he's the second grader in your analogy, that's was Gruden's issue, he treated him exactly as your analogy suggests. So, here's the much better one...you don't take a mathematical PHD candidate and insist that he needs basic elementary math. It's fucking insulting but no one wants to talk about the 3 ton elephant in the room!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not being able to get the ball out of your hands is the worst attribute in my opinion that a quarterback, rookie quarterback can have.

Jason Campbell was the worst. I could not stand watching that guy play. Haskins feels a lot like Jason Campbell 2.0 except Campbell had more experience and was graded higher as a prospect

I believe that you've just exposed your bias and it's very ugly!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Dwayne Haskins | NFL.com

Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

I loved/love RG3. He didn't protect himself at all. He also did not know how to slide which was weird.

Ramsey didn't fail to protect himself, Spurrier failed to protect him. Base offense was 5 WR sets. No blocking TEs, no RBs to pickup blitz. Ramsey had no chance in that system.

I mixed up Ramsey and Shuler in regards to the office position held. However, it allowed me to look into Ramsey background more and he was a scholar athlete and did a lot of things in the academic world. Hardly a pea brain.

I'm sorry man but early returns on Haskins are not good. I personally have very very little confidence in him NOT busting. I don't know what to tell you. I definitely think you hold some sort of bias and I'm still trying to figure out where that comes from.

Did you bother to read your own evidence? I think that you're suffering from Grudenitis!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's certainly a lot of contradictory statements by CT, but in essence this line sums up what he was getting to...
"My personal opinion, I wouldn't want him to be thrown in a bad situation."__Chris Thompson

My question is: when will there ever be a time, when playing in Washington, isn't being thrown into a bad situation?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he
Where in any of that does it say he is unable to get the ball out of his hands?
has no basis for it , he cant look at film and interpret it because if he did he wouldnt make foolish statements like he does . , he is simply trolling or he is ignorant of how to evaluate the position

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that you've just exposed your bias and it's very ugly!

what bias?

That I cant stand watching statues in the pocket who cant pull the trigger quick enough and take too many unnecessary sacks?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you bother to read your own evidence? I think that you're suffering from Grudenitis!

Its a scouting report... there are going to be positives and negatives in any scouting report. You claimed you have been searching for the negatives I posted and claimed they didn't exist. I provided the links.

These flaws aren't something that can be brushed to the side. They are very very serious limitations in a quarterback. A lot of the same limitations Jason Campbell had.

I've seen these limitations in his play through preseason, when he played Michigan, and his relief appearance. Limited exposure, I know, however these scouts who are a lot smarter then you and I when it comes to this stuff pointed out these weaknesses and they have shown up in his game from what we have seen