• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin traded to the Jets?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When you pay someone a lot of money to do something, you dont need them to piss you off in order to fire them. They tried to "improve" the offense with him, the results weren't there, so he goes. Business, not personal.

He was fine against the Redksins. Then the Cowboys game was a complete disaster and all of a sudden he doesn't fit? Even if he isn't cutting it on offense there's still the need for a kick returner. Something obviously went down and they shipped him out. Can't blame a slot receiver for complaining when he gets more plays running through the A gap then he does running slants.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw watching the last few games, and reading this week the coaches saying they realized they had gotten out of what they usually do, and it hurt their offense.

They seemed in the last few games to be forcing to get him the ball. Was that because he was being disruptive?

Whatever the reason, I think think they will be fine without him.

I think Carroll have proven that he's not going to let player brow beat him, especially over something like touches. I think these coaches truly wanted to get him those touches, and that's why every game that he has played in as a Seahawk they came out of the gate giving him the ball in what seemed like every play.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine against the Redksins. Then the Cowboys game was a complete disaster and all of a sudden he doesn't fit? Even if he isn't cutting it on offense there's still the need for a kick returner. Something obviously went down and they shipped him out. Can't blame a slot receiver for complaining when he gets more plays running through the A gap then he does running slants.

Just because he was productive sometimes doesn't mean its a good fit. You have to do what's best for your team, and in this case that's get back to your identity, and save a bunch of cash on kick returner.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOB! I'm stunned! I thought they over paid for him and thought it was too high risk/ high reward move, but once they made the move, trading him this soon makes my head spin. I think this is has to be Pete not liking what he was hearing from Harvin. Sonny CID may be on to something about Harvin demanding touches. It has to be some thing like that for the Seahawks to make this move.
What ever it was, the Seahawks will be fine without him and in the long run ...better off.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he was productive sometimes doesn't mean its a good fit. You have to do what's best for your team, and in this case that's get back to your identity, and save a bunch of cash on kick returner.

This has nothing to do with fit. We were misusing him on offense. He didn't have a chance to fit any other way because of the ridiculous play calling. He obviously blew up and other guys like Baldwin aren't happy either. So instead of making adjustments they git rid of the "troublemaker" even though we're thin at both of the rolls he filled. Dumb, dumb move.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with fit. We were misusing him on offense. He didn't have a chance to fit any other way because of the ridiculous play calling. He obviously blew up and other guys like Baldwin aren't happy either. So instead of making adjustments they git rid of the "troublemaker" even though we're thin at both of the rolls he filled. Dumb, dumb move.

Obviously?

Its not misusing him if you're using him the only way he can be used. Vikings fans warned us, they said he was a great returner, but everything that he did on offense was around the LOS.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously?

Its not misusing him if you're using him the only way he can be used. Vikings fans warned us, they said he was a great returner, but everything that he did on offense was around the LOS.

It will be interesting to see how the Jets use him

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously?

Harvin's a slot receiver and runs a fine slant and is good in crossing routes. When did he ever run that route with us? You think a guy could put up the numbers that he did in Minny to warrant the amount we gave up for him if the only thing he was good for was the fly sweep, the bubble screen, and running the ball out of the backfield through the A gap? How much needs to go down before people realize that this offense is being run to the ground by the coaching staff?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly right. We used a receiver as a running back and the pisser is, we kind of suck at the receiver spot to begin with. I'll never understand it. Was it Bevil? Was it Harvin? Who knows, but the entire Harvin thing has been a disaster. Lets grin and bare it because we lost out on that one. The worst thing is we need help in so many areas right now and we got nothing for him.

Anybody else feel like this season isn't going to turn out well?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly right. We used a receiver as a running back and the pisser is, we kind of suck at the receiver spot to begin with. I'll never understand it. Was it Bevil? Was it Harvin? Who knows, but the entire Harvin thing has been a disaster. Lets grin and bare it because we lost out on that one. The worst thing is we need help in so many areas right now and we got nothing for him.

I don't. If Percy was causing trouble in the locker room might be a good thing in the end.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports that have been coming out since the deal itself was reported, it sounds like they've been shopping him for weeks and finally got an offer they liked. I've also heard multiple talking heads use variations of the phrase "Everyone knows he's a handful to deal with in the locker room". For a player as dynamic as Harvin, the offer they accepted from the Jets is a huge drop in value from the offer they made to Minnesota to get him in the first place, especially when you factor in that it's been just about a year-and-a-half since that trade happened.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well one thing about this move, it shows the Seahawks will cut bait, even with a high profile player that cost them a lot and that's a good thing IMO. To many GM/ coaches keep putting up with players who are not cutting it, simply because they got a lot invested.

Bad trade for Harvin? I'd have say yes, but I commend the Seahawks on recognizing it and moving on ASAP. There was a reason they drafted two potentially good WRs and on the bright side, this should help the cap next year.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing about this move, it shows the Seahawks will cut bait, even with a high profile player that cost them a lot and that's a good thing IMO. To many GM/ coaches keep putting up with players who are not cutting it, simply because they got a lot invested.

Bad trade for Harvin? I'd have say yes, but I commend the Seahawks on recognizing it and moving on ASAP. There was a reason they drafted two potentially good WRs and on the bright side, this should help the cap next year.

I got to thinking Harold, with Walters being in there on 3rd downs last week, do you think Harvin took himself out of the game? That could be the issue. Just making guesses at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to thinking Harold, with Walters being in there on 3rd downs last week, do you think Harvin took himself out of the game? That could be the issue. Just making guesses at this point.

Mmmm that's a thought, obviously I don't have a clue. It's been rumored that the Seahawks have been trying to move him for a few weeks. If that rumor turns out to be true, it may mean that the Seahawks were dismayed that Harvin needed hip surgery right after the trade and were just waiting for him to get healthy before trying to move him, at this point nobody really knows.

Interesting stuff no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope that the Ram's DC is seeing this move 2 days before their biggest game of the year and tearing up his defensive game plan and putting something together last minute.

Like the superbowl last year where Harvin was an unknown factor. Maybe this is a good disruption to have for a must-win game.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we won the Super Bowl. There's no better result for a team than winning the Super Bowl.

You cannot say they win the Super Bowl without Harvin because arguing hypothetical situations as fact is stupid. The fact is they won the championship so no, it's not a bust.

There will probably be repercussions in the near future based on the missing picks and Tate, though there's no telling anything would be different with those pieces.

This team made a move to win the Super Bowl and they did it. There's no way that makes the acquisition a bust.

So when the Detroit Pistons passed on Carmelo to take Darko Milicic we can say it wasn't a bust because they won the title the following year? That's nonsense. In one of the few bad move the Hawks have made this is a really bad one. A first, a third, a seventh and a ton of money and cap space for a guy who delivered 22 catches is a bust, no other way to look at it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the Detroit Pistons passed on Carmelo to take Darko Milicic we can say it wasn't a bust because they won the title the following year? That's nonsense. In one of the few bad move the Hawks have made this is a really bad one. A first, a third, a seventh and a ton of money and cap space for a guy who delivered 22 catches is a bust, no other way to look at it.

Yeah but what if Darko came through in game 7 of the finals and had his best game helping Detroit win the title .... You can't deny Harvin was a big factor vs Denver .... He was a huge spark early in that game and of course had the electric return ... Overall I agree we overpaid and gave up allot, but at least Pete and John are willing to cut there losses and get something back player wise and open more cap room...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but what if Darko came through in game 7 of the finals and had his best game helping Detroit win the title .... You can't deny Harvin was a big factor vs Denver .... He was a huge spark early in that game and of course had the electric return ... Overall I agree we overpaid and gave up allot, but at least Pete and John are willing to cut there losses and get something back player wise and open more cap room...

I'm with the crowd that believes that the Hawks destroy the Broncos with our without Harvin. In fact there is very little evidence to the contrary. Peyton could have played that game well into Tuesday and they still would not have scored enough points to match the Hawks. So I still can't come close to using that game as justification.

Agreed they are making a good move now that I understand the situation better. But undoing a mistake, while still taking a cap hit and still losing those picks, does not erase the mistake.