• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin traded to the Jets?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?!

Absolutely mind blowing. What are we doing?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we figured out where to get some cap room for Wilsons contract in the offseason. The trade will go down a huge bust unfortunately. Must have been a toxic situation in the locker room

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we figured out where to get some cap room for Wilsons contract in the offseason. The trade will go down a huge bust unfortunately. Must have been a toxic situation in the locker room

WEEELLLLL We did get a ring out of it..........

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEELLLLL We did get a ring out of it..........

well he really didnt do much in that superbowl win run he got hurt in the saints game, didnt play in the 49ers game and the superbowl game was over at halftime before his kickoff return

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete puts up with no shit. Piss him off, you are gone, no matter how much they gave up or pay you. This is a giant message sent to everybody

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
well he really didnt do much in that superbowl win run he got hurt in the saints game, didnt play in the 49ers game and the superbowl game was over at halftime before his kickoff return

Yeah, looks like that signing was a bust. Seattle didn't really need Percy last year; I don't think missing him would have cost 'em 35 points in the Super Bowl.

You'll get no pity from me after hoisting the trophy though. I'd take an albatross contract if the Niners got a ring any day.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a bust when you win a championship.

I'm more concerned about the impact of not having him the rest of this year. There has to be something more to this because we could have got back to running heavy while keeping Percy as a distraction for the defense at the very least.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected this move to be made, but not until after the season. There's definitely something more going on here than we know about. Disappointed at the moment, but I'll wait to hear the full story before judging this trade. That said, a stumbling offense just lost its most explosive player, even if his full potential wasn't being utilized.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw this one coming..........

There had to be something BIG going on behind the scenes to make this happen. Until we get a better story, I do NOT like this trade one bit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Never a bust when you win a championship.

This is true. Who knows what could've happened if Harvin weren't on the team last year? I think it's pretty clear they would've won anyway, but we'll never know.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITs a bust. They gave up a 1st, 3rd and 7th round pick and paid him cap room. Also his contract is the reason we let out most productive receiver (Golden Tate) of the last few years walk last off season. We love what PC/JS have done but this trade is a bust, no ways around it. This team wins that Super Bowl without Harvin, I feel safe saying that.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he pissed somebody off or if they just realized that trying to find ways of getting him the ball was becoming disruptive to the flow of the offense. If the offense becomes more dynamic and less predictable because of this, I guess we'll have our answer.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Who knows what could've happened if Harvin weren't on the team last year? I think it's pretty clear they would've won anyway, but we'll never know.

yeah we would never know we would have beaten the 49ers in the conference game with or without him

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITs a bust. They gave up a 1st, 3rd and 7th round pick and paid him cap room. Also his contract is the reason we let out most productive receiver (Golden Tate) of the last few years walk last off season. We love what PC/JS have done but this trade is a bust, no ways around it. This team wins that Super Bowl without Harvin, I feel safe saying that.

The team did not know they could win the Superbowl without Harvin when they made the deal. The Seahawks prior to the 2013 season made a few moves that they felt would put them on top of the football world. They traded for Harvin, signed Bennet and Avril. Guess what this aggressive thinking worked, we won the Superbowl. I am going to appreciate what they did, not try to act all intelligent by bitching with my 20 20 hindsight.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he pissed somebody off or if they just realized that trying to find ways of getting him the ball was becoming disruptive to the flow of the offense. If the offense becomes more dynamic and less predictable because of this, I guess we'll have our answer.

IMO, there is no way this has to do with 'trying to find ways to get him the ball', that could've been worked out. Something happen either in the locker room or on the field on Sunday.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we won the Super Bowl. There's no better result for a team than winning the Super Bowl.

You cannot say they win the Super Bowl without Harvin because arguing hypothetical situations as fact is stupid. The fact is they won the championship so no, it's not a bust.

There will probably be repercussions in the near future based on the missing picks and Tate, though there's no telling anything would be different with those pieces.

This team made a move to win the Super Bowl and they did it. There's no way that makes the acquisition a bust.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. When you pay someone a lot of money to do something, you dont need them to piss you off in order to fire them. They tried to "improve" the offense with him, the results weren't there, so he goes. Business, not personal.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw watching the last few games, and reading this week the coaches saying they realized they had gotten out of what they usually do, and it hurt their offense.

They seemed in the last few games to be forcing to get him the ball. Was that because he was being disruptive?

Whatever the reason, I think think they will be fine without him.