• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh=Singletary?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They got away with it last week because Ginn saved their ass. Pussybaugh needs to show me some of that aggressive fuck USC we are scoring mentality and very soon. Start using more weapons in different ways. Hunter and Kyle Williams need to be more involved. Plain and simple.

Yep. There is little doubt in my mind that the 49ers would have lost that game had it not been for Ginn. Hunter has got to get some reps; Gore looks old out there and he's not being used in the passing game at all like he has been in previous years.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think all of the top six taken are starting. I know that Peterson, Newton, Jones, Green and Miller are for sure but our guy never sees the field.

Darieus of Buffalo is also playing well....

Aldon is not going to learn anything by playing scout or watching from the bench....

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh coached this game like it was a college game. In college, you often can't trust your kicker to hit a 45yd FG. However, the Niners have one of the best kickers in the game and would have easily hit the 40 yarder if they had taken the penalty and gained no further yardage after that. It was too conservative and a poor decision.

Niner fans are particularly upset because we've had to deal with Erickson, Nolan, Sing... a decade of super conservative coaching that's gotten us nowhere.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon needs to get in there and get some Exp.

Unfortuantely had to watch the game at the bar with annoying Cowboy fans everywhere. But i didnt see Brooks or Haralson doing anything big except for the Brooks hit on Romo to injure him. I thought we would see way more exotic blitzes under Fangio.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon needs to get in there and get some Exp.

Unfortuantely had to watch the game at the bar with annoying Cowboy fans everywhere. But i didnt see Brooks or Haralson doing anything big except for the Brooks hit on Romo to injure him. I thought we would see way more exotic blitzes under Fangio.

me 2.... but it's all bull rush.... no stunts, crosses, loops, whatever... plus our OLBs aren't fast enough to burn off the edge... they're taken out of the play frequently...

Like to see Dobbs and McDonald work on one side with Smith and Aldon on the other....

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darieus of Buffalo is also playing well....

Aldon is not going to learn anything by playing scout or watching from the bench....

I sure hope the reason he isn't playing is because he is performing badly in practice and not picking up the playbook. If he can't beat out guys like Harrelson or Brooks he'll be a bust. I hated the pick when it was made and now I'm more worried.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the reason he isn't playing is because he is performing badly in practice and not picking up the playbook. If he can't beat out guys like Harrelson or Brooks he'll be a bust. I hated the pick when it was made and now I'm more worried.

I was in the same boat when the pick was made but what's baffling me is that all offseason(brief one at that) you would hear/read nothing but GREAT/Positive reviews, speculations, progress etc... about Aldon....

So was it really smoke and mirrors or is Harbs & Co. going easy on him? They're probably mishandling the whole situation.... At this point, I would almost take any unproven rookie over Haralson... Brooks, I thought he would be used more in the coverage game but that's not happening....

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only questionable call I have on Harbaugh is when he took the field goal instead of the 15 yard penalty. Gave up on the oppotunity to score more points and/or take more time of the clock.

That was a pretty big fuckup IMO, most likely cost the Niners the game but I was fine with most of what Harbaugh did.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely. So many here are ripping Harbs thinking that a score was a given there taking the penalty. How often have we failed to score from the 35 yard line over the last many years? Ya take the 2 score lead on go on. Defense did not do its job.

The ball would have been on the 22 if he took the penalty.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was a pretty big fuckup IMO, most likely cost the Niners the game but I was fine with most of what Harbaugh did.

One thing I thought was kind of odd was watching him go ballistic when they got the call against them about a lineman not reporting as an eligible receiver. He went on and on with a vein popping rant when I thought he should have been calmly thinking about what play he should run next. The call was made and he kept going on and on. It was disturbing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith isn't playing because he can't provide adequate coverage as a 34 OLB. This is why you see him only taking pass rushing downs at 43 DE.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only questionable call I have on Harbaugh is when he took the field goal instead of the 15 yard penalty. Gave up on the oppotunity to score more points and/or take more time of the clock.

my first reaction was same as 99% of the fans, take points off the board and keep on offense. but in thinking about it more in the next 30 seconds, agreed with Harbaugh, mainly because its a two score game. if it was to go up by six or break a tie, easy decision to stay on offense.

there must be good reasons why that adage (don't take points off the board)came about in the first place? can't cite examples but just thinking about it...........there could be a holding penalty, personal foul penalty, back to back penalties, bad snap, a mishandled snap, a missed hand-off, a sack and fumble, deflected pass for INT, bobbled catch and INT, bad snap on the field goal, bad hold, tipped field goal.

although their passing was beginning to work better, its not like Dallas was just waltzing past our D.

next, even if Dallas scored (might've been a field goal?), you'd expect our offense would then burn some clock and maybe (MAYBE) move into field goal range? ie whatever we had hoped to accomplish then would still be done.

this time it didn't happen so this decision's an easy target, but IMO it WAS the right percentage call.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my first reaction was same as 99% of the fans, take points off the board and keep on offense. but in thinking about it more in the next 30 seconds, agreed with Harbaugh, mainly because its a two score game. if it was to go up by six or break a tie, easy decision to stay on offense.

there must be good reasons why that adage (don't take points off the board)came about in the first place? can't cite examples but just thinking about it...........there could be a holding penalty, personal foul penalty, back to back penalties, bad snap, a mishandled snap, a missed hand-off, a sack and fumble, deflected pass for INT, bobbled catch and INT, bad snap on the field goal, bad hold, tipped field goal.

although their passing was beginning to work better, its not like Dallas was just waltzing past our D.

next, even if Dallas scored (might've been a field goal?), you'd expect our offense would then burn some clock and maybe (MAYBE) move into field goal range? ie whatever we had hoped to accomplish then would still be done.

this time it didn't happen so this decision's an easy target, but IMO it WAS the right percentage call.

Hey Deep, let me help you out with an example. Last year's game against the chargers

"...Jeff Reed kicked a 38-yard field goal but San Diego's Antonio Garay was whistled for unnecessary roughness for trying to gain leverage, giving the 49ers first-and-goal at the 10. Smith scrambled and dived at the left pylon on third down and it was ruled a touchdown. The Chargers challenged and it was reversed, with Smith ruled down inches from the goal line. On fourth down at the 1, Siler threw Anthony Dixon for a 2-yard loss..."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have kicked the field goal on our next fourth down. Using more clock was crucial at that point, one of the main reasons I didn't like the choice.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We've already established that the "you never take points off the board" adage is not harbaugh's hard rule because he did it just last week against the Seahawks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why the hell did they draft him? They knew they were going 3-4 and that that is where he would have to play in that set up.

It is quite common to draft 43 DEs in college and convert them to 34 OLB. Several of the top pass rushers in the league did the same thing. It takes time to make the conversion and we are in the early stages. Having no OTAs or minicamps really fucked him.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then why the hell did they draft him? They knew they were going 3-4 and that that is where he would have to play in that set up.

It is quite common to draft 43 DEs in college and convert them to 34 OLB. Several of the top pass rushers in the league did the same thing. It takes time to make the conversion and we are in the early stages. Having no OTAs or minicamps really fucked him.

I'll buy that.......for now.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey Deep, let me help you out with an example. Last year's game against the chargers

"...Jeff Reed kicked a 38-yard field goal but San Diego's Antonio Garay was whistled for unnecessary roughness for trying to gain leverage, giving the 49ers first-and-goal at the 10. Smith scrambled and dived at the left pylon on third down and it was ruled a touchdown. The Chargers challenged and it was reversed, with Smith ruled down inches from the goal line. On fourth down at the 1, Siler threw Anthony Dixon for a 2-yard loss..."

How dare you bring facts into the discussion! :D