• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh=Singletary?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Putting up two scores is indeed important. But I don't understand why that wouldn't happen if we taken the 15 yard penalty? One way or the other we're scoring and tacking on PTS.... whether be a FG or game breaker TD, it would've also burned some clock...I'm just baffled....

Maybe JUST maybe, Harbs could've have had something to argue with if there was 5 mins left... wait no... either way, i can't find an justifying reason.

Those are good points. The only thing I can think of is he was afraid they might turn the ball over. My original thought was that the 10 points should have been enough to win but the more I think about it, the more I am seeing it your way; if for no other reason than to burn some clock.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have stuck to it on first and second down in the second half. 67 total yards after half time is terrible. Don't they have any running plays besides Gore up the middle?

1) Gore is a power RB, not a speedster. His forte is running through the A and B gaps with the occasional counter/sweep. Gore might have lost a step, but Iupati/Goodwin/Rachal have not been opening holes.

2) We ran a bunch of off-tackle runs, pulls and sweeps, but like I said, our feature back is at his best runnig through the middle. If you don't recognize that then you have no clue how this team is built.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were in Dallas territory... we're not taking 7 pts off, it was a FG...

A vet/solid K in Akers, burn some clock and go up two scores ......

of course the D falling apart made Harbs mistake a disasterous one but wow.... this is the NFL... not college...

Yes but ask your self this! If he would have went for it and lost the 3 points, and then we didnt score would you feel that he blew the call. The call was a difficult one to make but in my opinion he made the right call in trusting the defense they let us down not harbaugh. he didnt blow the coverage. I think that he decided he could trust the defense more than the offense so he left the points on the board.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a dubious call at the time, and given how the game turned out it was a horrendous call, Cowboys needed every second to score their points. Even if you have no faith in the offense, you should have faith that Akers is reliable from 40 yards. I said as it happened that even if you want the FG, just take the ball and kneel three times, then kick it again. Hard to defend.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows whether it would of been the right call or not, who knows if we would of turned it over or missed the fg after that. The point is we had a 10 point lead, if our defense wants to be elite they win that game. Offense gave us 24 points today, the defense has to make a stop when it matters. Where was the pressure all game?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are good points. The only thing I can think of is he was afraid they might turn the ball over. My original thought was that the 10 points should have been enough to win but the more I think about it, the more I am seeing it your way; if for no other reason than to burn some clock.

If that's the case, he should be afraid on every possesion? Even if it was that, which could be understandable in some way, run 3 straight plays, the worse is we set up a FG after burning at least close to 2 mins... hell, we could've gotten a first and sustain the drive further...

And even if he still wasn't sure, WHAT's the point in tacking onto the KO where it's already in a position to go into the endzone... I mean what was the point?(not at you, but the logic)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but ask your self this! If he would have went for it and lost the 3 points, and then we didnt score would you feel that he blew the call. The call was a difficult one to make but in my opinion he made the right call in trusting the defense they let us down not harbaugh. he didnt blow the coverage. I think that he decided he could trust the defense more than the offense so he left the points on the board.

What do you mean went for it? its a 15 yard penalty, automatic first....

I'm NOT arguing the two scores, but get the two scores with some additional clock burning(especially after seeing Dallas go up n down on us in the 2nd). Who knows, we could've traded a FG for a TD with some burning of the clock....

I don't think taking the penalty meant losing pts... we were in their territory, even if we go 3 n out after the penalty, we kick a FG and still remain two scores but less time for the boys.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm NOT arguing the two scores, but get the two scores with some additional clock burning(especially after seeing Dallas go up n down on us in the 2nd). Who knows, we could've traded a FG for a TD with some burning of the clock....

I don't think taking the penalty meant losing pts... we were in their territory, even if we go 3 n out after the penalty, we kick a FG and still remain two scores but less time for the boys.

Just because akers has been really good doesnt mean he would of made every kick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows whether it would of been the right call or not, who knows if we would of turned it over or missed the fg after that. The point is we had a 10 point lead, if our defense wants to be elite they win that game. Offense gave us 24 points today, the defense has to make a stop when it matters. Where was the pressure all game?

But that 10pt lead could've been with less time on the clock OR could've been a 14 pt lead with less time...

I don't see how keeping the pts, with no additional time lost and kicking the ball at the 50 is greater and more rewarding than doing the other.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Just because akers has been really good doesnt mean he would of made every kick.

I think Akers is pretty reliable for that.... but then you can say that about every FG opportunity. He nailed a 55 yarder... 40 should be a safe bet...

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
[/B]

I'll take that chance. We gave the Cowboys 11 minutes to make up a 10 point deficit. TOO MUCH TIME!

The cowboys are way too explosive for that. And, unlike some, Im not sold at all on our defense..at least not the DB's and safeties.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Also if that was to be taken into consideration, i think it was 4th & 2 at most? they could've gone for it there, cause they were in that grey zone, too close to punt yet far for a FG....

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry i just have hard times trusting kickers. Akers or not its still tough watching them kick for a game.

Regardless we also got pretty lucky when the cowboys missed that 21 yarder.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point I would have to agree. You can't win without imagination in the play calling. Gore up the gut just doesn't cut it; especially with this O line.

Improvising , is what it's also called-the skill to adjust and change your though to achieve success, lol!!!! NOT FUNNY THOUGH

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm sorry i just have hard times trusting kickers. Akers or not its still tough watching them kick for a game.

Regardless we also got pretty lucky when the cowboys missed that 21 yarder.

If you have more faith in our defensive backfield then thats cool.

I dont.

Had we taken the penaly and ended up missing the fg there would have been about 8:30 minutes or less on the clock with a 7 point lead and the cowboys needing to drive 80 or so yards. And thats IF we miss the field goal. Doing what we did, the Cowboys had made it a 3 point game with 6:45 left in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went for it means. to give up a confirmed 3 points to go for it, to gamble the three points and a two score lead on the arm of alex smith

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that 10pt lead could've been with less time on the clock OR could've been a 14 pt lead with less time...

I don't see how keeping the pts, with no additional time lost and kicking the ball at the 50 is greater and more rewarding than doing the other.

Or it could have been a pick six or it could have been a missed field goal. What is definite was the three points and the ten point lead. Our DEFENSE blew the coverage and is way to inconsistent in coverage.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went for it means. to give up a confirmed 3 points to go for it, to gamble the three points and a two score lead on the arm of alex smith

It could've been 3 straight run plays if they didn't trust Smith's arm.... in the end it remains 3 pts but some clock went off....

I think was definitely worth more. It's 3 pts in an area where we could've gotten it back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could have been a pick six or it could have been a missed field goal. What is definite was the three points and the ten point lead. Our DEFENSE blew the coverage and is way to inconsistent in coverage.

I agree the defense blew it...

but take the FG with the clock burning.... you got to do that... TDs are worth more than FGs... we might've gotten a TD who knows....

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Also whats up with Vernon? Is he not an integral part of the offense? Without edwards and crabby, I would think he would have gotten more looks. Top 3 TE in the nfl and dont even try to get him the ball. Just do not understand the play calling or the defense. Defense blew some coverage I understand, but with the cowboys O being so effective, you need to take that penalty.