• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh=Singletary?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are overreacting. If the defense makes a stop of any kind, we win. Our defense let cowboys do what they wanted. Acting this down on the staff over this feels petty. Other than the 4th quarter D, and run blocking, I felt like the team mostly looked more competent. I'm not too concerned with the running problem, these same players have done it successfully in the past, if the coaches are worth anything they will make the right adjustments. How many games have we been able to score 24 points in, when the running game struggled in the past? Some up and comers like ray mac are showing that they may be ready to step up too. I saw improvement. We even converted 3rd downs, that was nice to see for a change.

It sucks that we lost how we did, especially to the cowboys, but shouldn't our evaluations be based on the entire picture, instead of having emotional exaggerations.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Also whats up with Vernon? Is he not an integral part of the offense? Without edwards and crabby, I would think he would have gotten more looks. Top 3 TE in the nfl and dont even try to get him the ball. Just do not understand the play calling or the defense. Defense blew some coverage I understand, but with the cowboys O being so effective, you need to take that penalty.

Surprised more wasn't made of this. The one play I remember him was that sack where he failed to cut-off the route. The field was wide open and he could have turned a 2 yarder into a huge gain. Smith needs to get ris of the ball quicker, but I suspect some of it is on the receivers not adjusting properly. Hopefully this improves as they learn the offense better. Either way, VD needs more looks going forward and this loss capped off an overall horrible weekend.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are overreacting. If the defense makes a stop of any kind, we win. Our defense let cowboys do what they wanted. Acting this down on the staff over this feels petty. Other than the 4th quarter D, and run blocking, I felt like the team mostly looked more competent. I'm not too concerned with the running problem, these same players have done it successfully in the past, if the coaches are worth anything they will make the right adjustments. How many games have we been able to score 24 points in, when the running game struggled in the past? Some up and comers like ray mac are showing that they may be ready to step up too. I saw improvement. We even converted 3rd downs, that was nice to see for a change.

It sucks that we lost how we did, especially to the cowboys, but shouldn't our evaluations be based on the entire picture, instead of having emotional exaggerations.

Thank you!

That one call wasnt why we lost the game.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not in my opinion. I think they should be based on what cost them the game. They took the lead in the first half by being aggressive, going after Romo and making him feel uncomfortable. They stopped doing this in the second half; why? the coaching staff. They stayed back and allowed the Cowboys to take it to them and they did. They let Romo get comfortable and sit in the pocket surveying the field.
They failed to double Whitten on the 4th down pass and take him away. Everyone in my house knew the pass was going to Whitten and I think everyone in the stadium did as well. They didn't double him presumably because of the type of D the coaches wanted.
They did not take the points off of the clock and move the ball down to the 22 yard line because presumably they have no confidence in their QB not to turn the ball over even though he had thrown two touchdown passes earlier. That was a definite failure on the part of the coaching staff.
They lost the game because the coaches went into a shell. Yes, the players made mistakes, but the coaches did not put them in position to succeed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a definite failure on the part of the coaching staff.
They lost the game because the coaches went into a shell. Yes, the players made mistakes, but the coaches did not put them in position to succeed.

Yup.... I've never been so agitated by a loss like this. The likes of Nolan & Sing would've taken the first down but had they didn't they would've been blasted by everyone. Harbs decline and there's some to support that decision. I don't get it.

A win vs the boys would've instill so much confidence in our team and aid us in the win column in the division.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup.... I've never been so agitated by a loss like this. The likes of Nolan & Sing would've taken the first down but had they didn't they would've been blasted by everyone. Harbs decline and there's some to support that decision. I don't get it.

A win vs the boys would've instill so much confidence in our team and aid us in the win column in the division.

Agreed. It's tough to throw away a game like that that tehey had won. There are so few games and each one is so important; you just cab't be giving them away.

Another thing that is worrying me about this staff is their failure to figure out how to use the weapons we have. The offense just seems so basic. Granted, they didn't have Crabtree and Edawrds but the Cowboys kept right on going without Bryant and Austin when he went down.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's tough to throw away a game like that that tehey had won. There are so few games and each one is so important; you just cab't be giving them away.

Another thing that is worrying me about this staff is their failure to figure out how to use the weapons we have. The offense just seems so basic. Granted, they didn't have Crabtree and Edawrds but the Cowboys kept right on going without Bryant and Austin when he went down.

If anything this should "force" Harbs and Co. to gameplan a situation where both Edwards and Crabtree were unavailable. I'm not sure if their absence had a huge influence in the playcalling.... even so, a Pro Bowl RB & TE with another solid TE and a speedster at WR, they should've had something for them.

We have weapons, just not using them. Smith made one terrible throw that led to an INT. I can recall another throw or 2 that were off target or rushed. The other times he was just sacked.

Come on, we should be better than this! Hate to see a great effort early on by the team to be wasted at the end.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also worries me that this staff has not shown an abilty to evaluate talent. Not one of their ten picks this year is starting and not only that, they aren't even making an impact. Seems like a complete waste of a draft.

My issue is not seeing Aldon out there more than he's actually out there... If the #7 overall pick ain't seeing the field, why draft him in the first place?

He stood out in one play and that's all he saw... maybe conditioning or the Coaches felt nervous and wanted "vets" to play....

Another guy is Dobbs(not drafted)... why isn't he active?

Reminds me of Nolan not playing rookies.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our defense lost us the game bottom line. You dont take points off the board, especially with an offense you cant trust. BOTTOM LINE

That one doesn't hold water. The 49ers took points off the board just last week against Seattle on the the roughing the kicker penalty on Akers. They took those points off the baord, accepted the penalty and tried to score a touchdown. What was different about yesterday?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one doesn't hold water. The 49ers took points off the board just last week against Seattle on the the roughing the kicker penalty on Akers. They took those points off the baord, accepted the penalty and tried to score a touchdown. What was different about yesterday?

lol..... got em!

good memory Mozart...

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It also worries me that this staff has not shown an abilty to evaluate talent. Not one of their ten picks this year is starting and not only that, they aren't even making an impact. Seems like a complete waste of a draft.

It's still early; the rookies continue to develop...relax...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "what if" statements work for both situations whether he decided to keep the points or not. Had he decided to not keep the point then you can say what if we fumbled, what if we missed the fg...etc.

The point is Harb made the decision so we move on, we still had a 2 possesion lead and the defense let it up. They kept letting Austin tear them up in the 2nd half and let a no named WR basically win the game for them. And the offense was not able to put the game away. You can blame it on the call all you want but there were more factors that led to this loss than just the call. It happened, we moved on but couldnt get it done on the field. Just my two cents.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My issue is not seeing Aldon out there more than he's actually out there... If the #7 overall pick ain't seeing the field, why draft him in the first place?
He stood out in one play and that's all he saw... maybe conditioning or the Coaches felt nervous and wanted "vets" to play....

Another guy is Dobbs(not drafted)... why isn't he active?

Reminds me of Nolan not playing rookies.

Exactly. I think all of the top six taken are starting. I know that Peterson, Newton, Jones, Green and Miller are for sure but our guy never sees the field.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think all of the top six taken are starting. I know that Peterson, Newton, Jones, Green and Miller are for sure but our guy never sees the field.

I'll take my chances playing to win instead of playing not to lose. I watched enough conservative crap with Singletary.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got away with it last week because Ginn saved their ass. Pussybaugh needs to show me some of that aggressive fuck USC we are scoring mentality and very soon. Start using more weapons in different ways. Hunter and Kyle Williams need to be more involved. Plain and simple.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Cinci has been playing better than most thought. But if we dont go in and smack them around i will be thoroughly dissapointed.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got away with it last week because Ginn saved their ass. Pussybaugh needs to show me some of that aggressive fuck USC we are scoring mentality and very soon. Start using more weapons in different ways. Hunter and Kyle Williams need to be more involved. Plain and simple.

Well said and I agree.