• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh=Singletary?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VD was in blocking Ware for most of the game. According to Maiocco, after the game VD "expressed surprise" at the game plan, as well as the decline of the 15-yard penalty. VD seems like a real team guy, so this is about as direct a criticism as you get from him these days.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or it could have been a pick six or it could have been a missed field goal. What is definite was the three points and the ten point lead. Our DEFENSE blew the coverage and is way to inconsistent in coverage.

Absolutely. So many here are ripping Harbs thinking that a score was a given there taking the penalty. How often have we failed to score from the 35 yard line over the last many years? Ya take the 2 score lead on go on. Defense did not do its job.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the defense blew it...

but take the FG with the clock burning.... you got to do that... TDs are worth more than FGs... we might've gotten a TD who knows....

but you say that like FG are definite, he would have had to make it again, I realize he is a good Kicker and more than likely would have but i think Harbaugh anted to make sure that the points are there, and we had a two score lead

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you say that like FG are definite, he would have had to make it again, I realize he is a good Kicker and more than likely would have but i think Harbaugh anted to make sure that the points are there, and we had a two score lead

Still would have burnt time off the clock and that is something EVERY coach should be thinking about.

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, to compare Harbaugh to Singleberry is wrong. If Sing had still been the coach we would've been lucky to get three field goals and the game would've been over after the first quarter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. So many here are ripping Harbs thinking that a score was a given there taking the penalty. How often have we failed to score from the 35 yard line over the last many years? Ya take the 2 score lead on go on. Defense did not do its job.

We were in FG range regardless.... Run 3 straight run plays if you feel weak about the passing attack, hit a FG, get the 3 pts back but the Boys will get the ball with fewer time on the clock.

How often do we get into the Dallas territory? Why does everyone imply taking the penalty does not result in a two score lead.... it would've ended in a 10 pt lead most likely or hopefully could've turn into 14..... take advantage of the penalty.... it converted a 4th down, how do you not take it?

it wasn't like it was 4th & 15/20... it was 4th n 2 or something like that... 15 yards closer and the first.... really?

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok heres a few things:

#1 felt like the front seven played pretty good

#2 Secondary sucks really wish Peterson was in a niners uniform

#3 I feel like we are better coached this year for sure but there were some very questionable decisions. The decision not to take that penalty and keep the points on the board (horrible) The play call in which Alex took the sack in OT (horrible) Serioulsy those of you that think Alex could of done something other than take the sack are blind. Look Im not a big Alex fan but he played decent.

#4 Speaking of Smith he did throw a horrible int which led to a cowboy score.

#5 We never take shots down the field until we have to. I know we might not have the best options down the field but you gotta at least try. You dont even have to always complete it downfield for those plays to be successful. The fact that the defense knows you might go big they have to cover it. But if you know a certain team wont really take chances you load up the box. You have to soften the defense especially when they are keying on Gore. Basically every teams plan is to stop Gore and make Alex beat them. Our run game will suck until Harbaugh decides to take some chances down the field.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't go with that feeling/mentality... That's like settling for a FG on first & 10, on the 15 yard line cause you want to come away with points(not attacking you by any means)

Akers is a Pro Bowl, Super bowl kicker.... he had plenty on the resume to "gamble" on another FG att.

Points was there IMO, just take some time off... We never saw the dallas side of the field again afterwards....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still would have burnt time off the clock and that is something EVERY coach should be thinking about.

considering Dallas was moving the ball on us very well... plus give the defense time to breathe.....

Everyone mentions the two score lead, that's not being disputed by the folks who are for taking the penalty(i hope), the points are there... but it's better to take the FG at the 8/9 minute mark vs the 11 min mark.... or better yet a TD would've change Dallas' gameplan....

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenerio when taking points off the board makes sense: If its 4th and goal from the 10 and you make a field goal, defense jumps off sides. You keep the points definately.

Scenerio when you take the penalty. When the penalty gives you an automatic first down and a chance to take more time off the clock.

Taking the penalty= trying to win the game
Taking 3pts = trying not to lose

I think Harbaugh is awesome but he will have some growing pains. He got this one wrong IMO

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Time off the clock. Still got a FG as a fallback with a great K. Our D was already folding like a cheap suit and our O was deep in their territory for what felt like was gonna be the last time.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't go with that feeling/mentality... That's like settling for a FG on first & 10, on the 15 yard line cause you want to come away with points(not attacking you by any means)

Akers is a Pro Bowl, Super bowl kicker.... he had plenty on the resume to "gamble" on another FG att.

Points was there IMO, just take some time off... We never saw the dallas side of the field again afterwards....

Couldnt agree more.

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach should see what he really has with his players. air it out. unfortunately, us 9er fans are used to poor play. Right now, we want to see that they are trying to win & not play it safe. I'd rather them play to win than play to not lose.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally hink that our defense should have stepped up. I think that had our defense held one final drive, no one would have even talked about the call very much. That is my opinion and I am by no means saying anything bad about any of your thoughts, that is just my personal opinion and that is it

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense lost us the game bottom line. You dont take points off the board, especially with an offense you cant trust. BOTTOM LINE

You know, that was my initial thought as well. But, with more time to think about it. Moving the ball up to the 22 yard line with that penalty and a fresh set of downs is the better choice. Akers is a pretty reliable kicker, chances are good that if the 49ers don't score a TD or turn it over on the new set of downs, he'll hit the next FG attempt too.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather lose trying to win, then lose trying NOT to lose. I think the call to keep the points was the latter and that's why I hate it so much.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand and respect your guys opinion and I believe me that I had a hard time in how i felt about it. But as a former Head coach of a minor league football team, I thought of how i would approach it. and I honestly think that I would have taken the penalty and tried to get the 7 however I also understand his reasoning as well. I think that no matter what is said we should have won this game but the defense blew the game. for example all the blown coverages, although brown or brock did fall on that one play.