• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yeah, I don't. I don't care. This is an anonymous message board, not the New York Times. Until michigan comes out with a reason why they would offer a kid a scholarship, cut off communication, and then pull it at the last second, it looks shitty.

2. Yes, I read the article. It never claimed it was a fact that OSU was in a numbers crunched, it said it "had appeared" they were in a numbers crunch. As I've already explained to you now twice, the chain of events don't reflect that. They wouldn't have scrambled to add another kid right after they found out Dean wasn't medically cleared if they were in a numbers crunch. Hell, the kid they added was actually injured and needed to sit out a year, which would've been the perfect chance to grey-shirt him and not have it count against the scholarship count, but they red-shirted him instead, so it did. You've yet to show any level of logic.
1. Michigan can't comment. Not sure how many times that has been said. Until a recruit signs a NLI -- the best u will hear is what Harbaugh said today. Every recruit knows exactly where they stand.
2. So which is it. You say "they scrambled to replace him", yet according to OSU, his physical was in December before the winter semester. Or did they scrambled for over two months to replace the 340th ranked played?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yeah, I don't. I don't care. This is an anonymous message board, not the New York Times. Until michigan comes out with a reason why they would offer a kid a scholarship, cut off communication, and then pull it at the last second, it looks shitty.

Then, it will just have to look "shitty" because Michigan can't say anything now by NCAA rule, and I doubt anyone from Michigan will discuss this matter when they are able to do so because THAT would be self-serving and shitty.

Jim Harbaugh did say this in general:

“I’ll take you through the whole process, but it’s a meritocracy, and they’ve got to continue to perform when there’s early commitments, both in the classroom, on the field and as a citizen in the community. "That’s how we’re going about it. I don’t hide from that at all. That’s what we demand.”

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, it will just have to look "shitty" because Michigan can't say anything now by NCAA rule, and I doubt anyone from Michigan will discuss this matter when they are able to do so because THAT would be self-serving and shitty.

“I’ll take you through the whole process, but it’s a meritocracy, and they’ve got to continue to perform when there’s early commitments, both in the classroom, on the field and as a citizen in the community. "That’s how we’re going about it. I don’t hide from that at all. That’s what we demand.”

Who cares, when you know it dont wait

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Michigan can't comment. Not sure how many times that has been said. Until a recruit signs a NLI -- the best u will hear is what Harbaugh said today. Every recruit knows exactly where they stand.
2. So which is it. You say "they scrambled to replace him", yet according to OSU, his physical was in December before the winter semester. Or did they scrambled for over two months to replace the 340th ranked played?
That's absolutely not true. Not sure where you heard that, but his physical wasn't until mid-January after he had enrolled. He didn't even get re-injured until like January 8th when the Semper Fi bowl was. I guess you've run out of excuses so now you're just flat out making stuff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm aware of the rule. However, you can't assume everyone is just gonna give your team the benefit of the doubt, especially when you consider he's done this multiple times.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. What he is saying is he will offer kids and get a commitment, but he has no issue pulling the scholarship. This actually aligns perfectly with what the kids have claimed

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absolutely not true. Not sure where you heard that, but his physical wasn't until mid-January after he had enrolled. He didn't even get re-injured until like January 8th when the Semper Fi bowl was. I guess you've run out of excuses so now you're just flat out making stuff.
I'm just stating what an Ohio newspaper said the reported. Here is the article:

Former Buckeye Jamel Dean speaks about controversial Ohio State departure, says 'I could have played'
So one of two things happened:
1. OSU failed to have him pass a physical before telling him to enroll early.
2. They kept him in their back pocket and used this as an excuses just in case they found something they liked.

My guess is. If they don't find a player they liked to sign. Deen would still be at OSU.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just stating what an Ohio newspaper said the reported. Here is the article:

Former Buckeye Jamel Dean speaks about controversial Ohio State departure, says 'I could have played'
So one of two things happened:
1. OSU failed to have him pass a physical before telling him to enroll early.
2. They kept him in their back pocket and used this as an excuses just in case they found something they liked.

My guess is. If they don't find a player they liked to sign. Deen would still be at OSU.
Dean injured his knee but seemed fine when he committed. He signed a mid-year financial aid agreement which meant that they could NOT PREVENT HIM FROM ENROLLING EARLY. If something nefarious was going on they could have come up with some bogus academic reason to keep him out, but they didn't.

AFTER HE SIGNED THE MID-YEAR AGREEMENT he reinjured the same knee. Ohio State asked him not to enroll early but he would not listen. After his injury in January, many Buckeye insiders on Scout predicted he would not be part of the class.

So, the crux of your argument is pure, unadulterated vagerine crap. THEY COULD NOT STOP HIM FROM ENROLLING.

As I told your little vagerine buddy, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two kinds of people in this world:

1. Those who love Jim Harbaugh
2. Those who fear Jim Harbaugh

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean injured his knee but seemed fine when he committed. He signed a mid-year financial aid agreement which meant that they could NOT PREVENT HIM FROM ENROLLING EARLY. If something nefarious was going on they could have come up with some bogus academic reason to keep him out, but they didn't.

AFTER HE SIGNED THE MID-YEAR AGREEMENT he reinjured the same knee. Ohio State asked him not to enroll early but he would not listen. After his injury in January, many Buckeye insiders on Scout predicted he would not be part of the class.

So, the crux of your argument is pure, unadulterated vagerine crap. THEY COULD NOT STOP HIM FROM ENROLLING.

As I told your little vagerine buddy, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Hahhahahaha vagerine. I am stealing that.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What he is saying is he will offer kids and get a commitment, but he has no issue pulling the scholarship. This actually aligns perfectly with what the kids have claimed

Of course, you have conveniently dismissed the conditions under which a commitment is offered. As a matter of University policy, there is no scholarship until the University offers one.

President Schlissel pointed out the following:

Only the University of Michigan can offer a scholarship--coaches can't. "A coach can talk to a kid under NCAA rules a certain number of times, starting at a certain age. That's not the same as being admitted to the University of Michigan . . . we don't accept students to the University of Michigan, no matter how talented they are as an athlete, if we don't think they can be successful here as a student with the academic support that we can provide for them."

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware of the r,ule. However, you can't assume everyone is just gonna give your team the benefit of the doubt, especially when you consider he's done this multiple times.

Michigan is not asking for "the benefit of the doubt" and will just have to take the shots because they're going to keep on coming even if they are based on incorrect assumptions. Michigan has no obligation to answer its rivals. Whatever their public posturing, recruits know what the real story is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And as I told you. A torn meniscus isnt going to damage the structure of the knee. If it were the ACL, MCL or PCL -- I could see it changing the valuation the doctors made. A meniscus injury will not do that.
So u keep making excuses, because if he signed a MID YEAR AGREEMENT, they gave him a physical before he did. The minor injury in January didn't change anything, which is why he was playING basketball at OSU and practicing at Auburn.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I told you. A torn meniscus isnt going to damage the structure of the knee. If it were the ACL, MCL or PCL -- I could see it changing the valuation the doctors made. A meniscus injury will not do that.
So u keep making excuses, because if he signed a MID YEAR AGREEMENT, they gave him a physical before he did. The minor injury in January didn't change anything, which is why he was playING basketball at OSU and practicing at Auburn.
The first time the doctors at tOSU saw this kids knee was after he was on campus and was to immediately they would not clear him.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan lost a 4 star OT.

Devery Hamilton Switches Commitment from UM to Stanford

Back down to 25.

Not to be confused with the 4 star DT Michigan lost earlier this week already.

Class of 2016 Defensive Tackle Jordan Elliott Decommits from Michigan Football

Michigan's top recruits are jumping ship.

Yup. He flipped (changed his mind) after committing to Michigan. Recruits are allowed to do that right up to when they sign their letters of intent. And, it's a tough loss that Michigan will have to fill so close to signing day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He flipped (changed his mind) after committing to Michigan. Recruits are allowed to do that right up to when they sign their letters of intent. And, it's a tough loss that Michigan will have to fill so close to signing day.

As I said before, if you want to hold your coach being paid $5 million a year to the same standards as an 18 year old kid trying to make the best decision for his future, then be my guest.