• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which OSU fan posted the story said his last injury was a torn meniscus, the most common and minor of any knee injury. That injury would have had nothing to do with his ability to play football, as it doesn't have anything to do with the ligaments (the major knee surgeries)
So one of two things happened:
1. OSU didn't give him a physical before telling him to fill out his financial aid
2. OSU found someone they liked more and used his latest injury as an excuse to say he couldn't play football anymore, knowing he would transfer and open up the spot they needed.

My guess is OSU didn't think he would go to the leading sports medicine doctor in the world to get checked out afterward -- making the diagnosis look extremely shady when he says the knee is fine and he just has to strengthen his quads.
Every time you post, you get more incorrect.

He committed AFTER his first injury. At that point, Ohio State still thought he would be able to play.
The last injury was AFTER HE SIGNED. A physical before that point would have made no difference.

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time you post, you get more incorrect.

He committed AFTER his first injury. At that point, Ohio State still thought he would be able to play.
The last injury was AFTER HE SIGNED. A physical before that point would have made no difference.

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.
His 2nd injury would have changed nothing. Many times a torn meniscus can heal on its own and even surgery would only take 2-6 weeks depending on the severity.
I guess i should have listed a 3rd option in my last post. Ohio State doctor's are inept and the school is letting them decide the future of their football players.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 2nd injury would have changed nothing. Many times a torn meniscus can heal on its own and even surgery would only take 2-6 weeks depending on the severity.
I guess i should have listed a 3rd option in my last post. Ohio State doctor's are inept and the school is letting them decide the future of their football players.

If you haven't actually torn your meniscus, you really shouldn't comment on how long the recovery takes.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the injury caused the doctors to conclude that the stability was compromised and that they should not clear him to play.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread can be summarized as follows:

I post something about how I don't particularly like how Harbaugh handled the Swenson issue, followed by 52 pages of OSU fans trying to defend the more ass-hole nature of their own coach. With a few posts from a Notre Dame fan trying to get me to call Harbaugh shady.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I post something about how I don't particularly like how Harbaugh handled the Swenson issue, followed by 52 pages of OSU fans trying to defend the more ass-hole nature of their own coach. With a few posts from a Notre Dame fan trying to get me to call Harbaugh shady.

Still waiting...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me try the summary game.

A Michigan fan feels insecure because he has always been able to look down his nose at other programs and say, "We don't do that. We're Michigan.", but now he can't because his coach is the biggest ass-hole of them all. When Urban or Nick does it, it's slimy. When Jimmah does it, it's totally explainable and acceptable.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the injury caused the doctors to conclude that the stability was compromised and that they should not clear him to play.
Maybe the Ohio State doctor's looked at a different knee than the one Dr James Andrews did. I'm going out on a limb and saying the leading sports doctor in the world didn't say his knee is fine and he needs to just strengthen his quad muscles to get back at OSU

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try the summary game.

A Michigan fan feels insecure because he has always been able to look down his nose at other programs and say, "We don't do that. We're Michigan.", but now he can't because his coach is the biggest ass-hole of them all. When Urban or Nick does it, it's slimy. When Jimmah does it, it's totally explainable and acceptable.
This is the expected, "I know you are but what am I", comment by an OSU fan after speaking the truth about their head coach.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Ohio State doctor's looked at a different knee than the one Dr James Andrews did. I'm going out on a limb and saying the leading sports doctor in the world didn't say his knee is fine and he needs to just strengthen his quad muscles to get back at OSU
I hope Dr. Andrews is correct and the Ohio State doctors were wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Dr. Andrews is correct and the Ohio State doctors were wrong.
There is no need to hope. Dr. Andrews doesn't have any motive to tell him anything but the truth.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't actually torn your meniscus, you really shouldn't comment on how long the recovery takes.
I did one better. I tore my meniscus and dislocated my kneecap at the same time playing softball. Running full speed for a fly ball in the gap, planted my foot in hole and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I was in rehab forever it seemed as I opted against surgery. With the limited time I had to rehab, it was an hour a day 3 times a week for 2 1/2 months.
The difference with regular people and athletes. Athletes have a staff that puts them thru much more rigorous rehab for multiple hours a day speeding up recovery times

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did one better. I tore my meniscus and dislocated my kneecap at the same time playing softball. Running full speed for a fly ball in the gap, planted my foot in hole and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I was in rehab forever it seemed as I opted against surgery. With the limited time I had to rehab, it was an hour a day 3 times a week for 2 1/2 months.
The difference with regular people and athletes. Athletes have a staff that puts them thru much more rigorous rehab for multiple hours a day speeding up recovery times
Another big difference: The strain put on the knee playing D1 CFB as opposed to a local softball league.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big difference: The strain put on the knee playing D1 CFB as opposed to a local softball league.
What about the strain of the NFL? Adrian Peterson had the holy grail of knee injuries tearing everything and within a year he rushed for 2,000 yards and hasn't had a problem since

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the Auburn team doctor. They wanted him to be able to play.
If he wasn't cleared to play by multiple teams, I could see how u could try and use this excuse. Keep trying though. :)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it took you longer than the 2-6 weeks you claimed...