• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it took you longer than the 2-6 weeks you claimed...
The dislocated kneecap, unfortunately, doesn't take 2-6 weeks. I wish all I did was tear my meniscus, my knee, to this day, still pops out on occasion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which OSU fan posted the story said his last injury was a torn meniscus, the most common and minor of any knee injury. That injury would have had nothing to do with his ability to play football, as it doesn't have anything to do with the ligaments (the major knee surgeries)
So one of two things happened:
1. OSU didn't give him a physical before telling him to fill out his financial aid
2. OSU found someone they liked more and used his latest injury as an excuse to say he couldn't play football anymore, knowing he would transfer and open up the spot they needed.

My guess is OSU didn't think he would go to the leading sports medicine doctor in the world to get checked out afterward -- making the diagnosis look extremely shady when he says the knee is fine and he just has to strengthen his quads.
What part of "he re-injured himself a week before coming to campus and wasn't able to be re-evaluted before then" didn't you understand?? Go ahead and think what you want, but just know facts and logic show that you're wrong.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the strain of the NFL? Adrian Peterson had the holy grail of knee injuries tearing everything and within a year he rushed for 2,000 yards and hasn't had a problem since
Has he had 2 separate injuries to the same knee?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try the summary game.

A Michigan fan feels insecure because he has always been able to look down his nose at other programs and say, "We don't do that. We're Michigan.", but now he can't because his coach is the biggest ass-hole of them all. When Urban or Nick does it, it's slimy. When Jimmah does it, it's totally explainable and acceptable.

What a shame that we all can't say "my school doesn't do that" and be proud of it.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame that we all can't say "my school doesn't do that" and be proud of it.
Michigan has had plenty of warts over the years. but most Michigan fans were blind to them. It's just so obvious now that only most blind of homers refuse to admit them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he had 2 separate injuries to the same knee?
No. He had the most catastrophic knee injury you can suffer, tearing every major ligament.

He led the NFL in rushing and almost set the single season record for yards less than a year later.

Good thing he didn't get checked out by the OSU doctors.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else? I thought everyone but Ohio State relied on Dr Andrews' opinion.
You'd have to ask the Cleveland newspaper who all cleared him to play. They just said he was cleared by multiple teams. The only doctor they used by name that cleared him was James Andrews

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He had the most catastrophic knee injury you can suffer, tearing every major ligament.

He led the NFL in rushing and almost set the single season record for yards less than a year later.

Good thing he didn't get checked out by the OSU doctors.
So the srandard is maybe one of the best running backs of all time and every player heals the same way with the same results. Got it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the srandard is maybe one of the best running backs of all time and every player heals the same way with the same results. Got it.
Would you rather I post the hundreds of other athletes in college who have suffered the same injuries as Dean who are playing right now? I posted Peterson to show you with modern medicine today, even the most catastrophic knee injury doesn't end a career

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather I post the hundreds of other athletes in college who have suffered the same injuries as Dean who are playing right now? I posted Peterson to show you with modern medicine today, even the most catastrophic knee injury doesn't end a career
So that means Ohio State should trot him out there and risk further injuring his knee, which had already had two major injuries in just over a year? We've had so many highly rated recruits come in only to see them never make it onto the field because a lot of times, when you've done that much damage, you're never the same. It sucks what happened to him, and I understand why he was frustrated. However, if the doctors see something that leads them to believe that there's a good chance of re-injury, then they're just doing their job.

Again, as I've pointed out, the facts and following actions by the coaching staff clearly indicate that they weren't trying to just shove him out because of numbers.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you want a list of guys who were injured that didn't make it back. We can do this all day.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you want a list of guys who were injured that didn't make it back. We can do this all
So that means Ohio State should trot him out there and risk further injuring his knee, which had already had two major injuries in just over a year? We've had so many highly rated recruits come in only to see them never make it onto the field because a lot of times, when you've done that much damage, you're never the same. It sucks what happened to him, and I understand why he was frustrated. However, if the doctors see something that leads them to believe that there's a good chance of re-injury, then they're just doing their job.

Again, as I've pointed out, the facts and following actions by the coaching staff clearly indicate that they weren't trying to just shove him out because of numbers.
Funny how fans of each team have excuses for the actions of their football team to justify anything they do.
R u figuring that out yet?
Michigan fans will make excuses for Harbaugh.
OSU will do so for Meyer.
MSU will for Dantonio and so on.

Every other school is dirty but the school they root for.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you want a list of guys who were injured that didn't make it back. We can do this all day.
That is a challenge you would lose in a landslide. Hell, you could take the last 20 years and I could take the last 2 and u would lose.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how fans of each team have excuses for the actions of their football team to justify anything they do.
R u figuring that out yet?
Michigan fans will make excuses for Harbaugh.
OSU will do so for Meyer.
MSU will for Dantonio and so on.

Every other school is dirty but the school they root for.
The only funny thing is how you guys make excuses for pulling someone's scholarship offer with 2 weeks left in the recruiting cycle with no communication, yet try and equate it to OSU not medically clearing a highly-rated recruit on the unfounded speculation that we were in a numbers crunch when facts say otherwise.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these are Harbaugh's words on the subject:

“I’ll take you through the whole process, but it’s a meritocracy, and they’ve got to continue to perform when there’s early commitments, both in the classroom, on the field and as a citizen in the community,” he said. “That’s how we’re going about it. I don’t hide from that at all. That’s what we demand.”

I will give it him, he is at least honest that he will pull a scholarship

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has had plenty of warts over the years. but most Michigan fans were blind to them. It's just so obvious now that only most blind of homers refuse to admit them.

You're probably right about the warts over the years, and Michigan football fans have taken undue pride in "doing things the right way." I will point out that in more than 130 years of CFB, however, the Michigan football program was never called out by the NCAA for doing anything improper until Rich Rodriguez required more practice time than the NCAA allows--not that it helped much. Many Michigan alumni were outraged, and that was one of the things that sunk him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crystal Ball Predictions for Swenson starting to lean toward Oklahoma now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only funny thing is how you guys make excuses for pulling someone's scholarship offer with 2 weeks left in the recruiting cycle with no communication, yet try and equate it to OSU not medically clearing a highly-rated recruit on the unfounded speculation that we were in a numbers crunch when facts say otherwise.
1. You have no idea what kind of conversation was had with any recruit, let alone, one from Michigan.

2. An Ohio newspaper is the source saying OSU was in a numbers crunch and had to get rid of 1 or 2 recruits. Not because of the number of recruits in that class but because of the total # of scholarship on the team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You have no idea what kind of conversation was had with any recruit, let alone, one from Michigan.

2. An Ohio newspaper is the source saying OSU was in a numbers crunch and had to get rid of 1 or 2 recruits. Not because of the number of recruits in that class but because of the total # of scholarship on the team.
1. Yeah, I don't. I don't care. This is an anonymous message board, not the New York Times. Until michigan comes out with a reason why they would offer a kid a scholarship, cut off communication, and then pull it at the last second, it looks shitty.

2. Yes, I read the article. It never claimed it was a fact that OSU was in a numbers crunched, it said it "had appeared" they were in a numbers crunch. As I've already explained to you now twice, the chain of events don't reflect that. They wouldn't have scrambled to add another kid right after they found out Dean wasn't medically cleared if they were in a numbers crunch. Hell, the kid they added was actually injured and needed to sit out a year, which would've been the perfect chance to grey-shirt him and not have it count against the scholarship count, but they red-shirted him instead, so it did. You've yet to show any level of logic.