• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, if you want to hold your coach being paid $5 million a year to the same standards as an 18 year old kid trying to make the best decision for his future, then be my guest.

Personally, I hate this recruiting system and think it needs to be overhauled. Both recruits and the programs doing the recruiting are bound only by a signed LOI. Up to that point, apparently no one owes anyone anything. That's the standard.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I hate this recruiting system and think it needs to be overhauled. Both recruits and the programs doing the recruiting are bound only by a signed LOI. Up to that point, apparently no one owes anyone anything. That's the standard.

That commits decommit is why I don't mind oversigning.

It doesn't however excuse a coach that doesn't communicate with the kids and just pulls the rug out from under them. For all the crying people have done about Saban over the years he's always up front with the recruits about the process and situation and that their scholarship may or may not be there. That they may need to greyshirt. And then the kid can decide if it's a risk they want to take.

Harbaugh is like one of those girls who doesn't break up with her current boyfriend until she finds another and then just blindsides the ex because she needs something to fall back on.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time the doctors at tOSU saw this kids knee was after he was on campus and was to immediately they would not clear him.

If the first time OSU had him pass a physical with their doctors is after he has enrolled early and on campus -- this means the program is run by a bunch of morons.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't however excuse a coach that doesn't communicate with the kids and just pulls the rug out from under them. For all the crying people have done about Saban over the years he's always up front with the recruits about the process and situation and that their scholarship may or may not be there. That they may need to greyshirt. And then the kid can decide if it's a risk they want to take.

Do you really believe this? Are you saying Saban offer "greyshirts" before recruits sign their LOIs? Or, is their choice to "greyshirt" or transfer and sit out a year?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe this? Are you saying Saban offer "greyshirts" before recruits sign their LOIs? Or, is their choice to "greyshirt" or transfer and sit out a year?

Yes, it's well known.

One of the guys in our class this year greyshirted last year. Completely his choice, known up front and he decided it was worth the wait. Early enroll this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just stating what an Ohio newspaper said the reported. Here is the article:

Former Buckeye Jamel Dean speaks about controversial Ohio State departure, says 'I could have played'
So one of two things happened:
1. OSU failed to have him pass a physical before telling him to enroll early.
2. They kept him in their back pocket and used this as an excuses just in case they found something they liked.

My guess is. If they don't find a player they liked to sign. Deen would still be at OSU.
He didn't take his physical until after he was on campus.

I can't keep trying to walk you through the myriad of reasons why you're wrong. I'm sorry you can't figure this out. Bottom line - Harbaugh is scum until you can show a legitimate reason otherwise.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's well known.

One of the guys in our class this year greyshirted last year. Completely his choice, known up front and he decided it was worth the wait. Early enroll this year.

History tells a different story. Until the SEC set a cap on the number of recruits a team could sign, Saban apparently routinely grayshirted players after they had signed LOIs. Only now that there is a cap is he obligated to tell them before they sign.

"

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't take his physical until after he was on campus.

I can't keep trying to walk you through the myriad of reasons why you're wrong. I'm sorry you can't figure this out. Bottom line - Harbaugh is scum until you can show a legitimate reason otherwise.
Have you figured out yet how ridiculous it'd be to not give a recruit a physical before they sign anything? Especially a recruit who had a knee injury already?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I told you. A torn meniscus isnt going to damage the structure of the knee. If it were the ACL, MCL or PCL -- I could see it changing the valuation the doctors made. A meniscus injury will not do that.
So u keep making excuses, because if he signed a MID YEAR AGREEMENT, they gave him a physical before he did. The minor injury in January didn't change anything, which is why he was playING basketball at OSU and practicing at Auburn.

I'm betting on these opinions over an internet osteo surgery.

"The menisci fulfil two vital functions. They transfer the load from the upper leg to the lower leg and stabilize the knee during flexion, extension and during circular movements. The menisci move during the backward flexion and the forward extension of the knee in order to balance the change of the articular surfaces."

Yea, not important at all, but there is a race to create artificial ones in an attempt to avoid or delay knee replacement when they deteriorate.

First NUsurface® Meniscus Implant implanted in the US for early Knee Osteoarthritis

Active Implants LLC today announced the first implantation in the United States of the NUsurface® Meniscus Implant, designed to treat patients with persistent knee pain due to an injured or deteriorated meniscus. The procedure was performed by Christopher Kaeding, M.D., Professor and Executive Director, of OSU Sports Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, OH.

“There aren’t many options for these patients, unfortunately. Once the meniscus is damaged, pain sets in and can lead to arthritis and the need for knee replacement surgery,” said Dr. Kaeding. “If this implant works as well as we think it will, it fills a gap in our treatment for those with meniscus injuries. We’re hoping this implant can not only alleviate the pain in these patients, but help them delay or altogether avoid a knee replacement surgery.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you figured out yet how ridiculous it'd be to not give a recruit a physical before they sign anything? Especially a recruit who had a knee injury already?
Have you still not managed to process the key piece of information in this regard? HE HURT THE KNEE A WEEK BEFORE HE GOT TO CAMPUS PLAYING IN AN EXHIBITION GAME AND WAS NOT ABLE TO BE RE-EXAMINED UNTIL HE GOT TO CAMPUS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History tells a different story. Until the SEC set a cap on the number of recruits a team could sign, Saban apparently routinely grayshirted players after they had signed LOIs. Only now that there is a cap is he obligated to tell them before they sign.

No, your ignorant version of history where everything Alabama has done was bad says different. You Michigan fans have been some of the dumbest fucks over the years, which is what makes the current stuff happening that much more funny.

For example, from Jan 21, 2013.

"Coach Saban switched my scholarship to a grayshirt," Bozman told Rivals.com's Andrew Bone.

"I have known about it for about two months. We have been keeping it on the down low. We didn't know for sure if that was going to be the option. It was due to the ACL injury. It will give me more time to get stronger."

Saban was up front and honest with the recruit about the situation. See how that works?

There has been 1 kid who was greyshirted at a bad time that I can recall and that was over 5 years ago.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, your ignorant version of history where everything Alabama has done was bad says different. You Michigan fans have been some of the dumbest fucks over the years, which is what makes the current stuff happening that much more funny.

For example, from Jan 21, 2013.

Saban was up front and honest with the recruit about the situation. See how that works?

There has been 1 kid who was greyshirted at a bad time that I can recall and that was over 5 years ago.

Evidently you are incapable of having a conversationames with anyone who calls your point of view into question without calling them names. Check out this Bama-friendly link: A Quick Note on Greyshirting

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you still not managed to process the key piece of information in this regard? HE HURT THE KNEE A WEEK BEFORE HE GOT TO CAMPUS PLAYING IN AN EXHIBITION GAME AND WAS NOT ABLE TO BE RE-EXAMINED UNTIL HE GOT TO CAMPUS.
Name me another player whose career ended from a torn meniscus.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting on these opinions over an internet osteo surgery.

"The menisci fulfil two vital functions. They transfer the load from the upper leg to the lower leg and stabilize the knee during flexion, extension and during circular movements. The menisci move during the backward flexion and the forward extension of the knee in order to balance the change of the articular surfaces."

Yea, not important at all, but there is a race to create artificial ones in an attempt to avoid or delay knee replacement when they deteriorate.

First NUsurface® Meniscus Implant implanted in the US for early Knee Osteoarthritis

Active Implants LLC today announced the first implantation in the United States of the NUsurface® Meniscus Implant, designed to treat patients with persistent knee pain due to an injured or deteriorated meniscus. The procedure was performed by Christopher Kaeding, M.D., Professor and Executive Director, of OSU Sports Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, OH.

“There aren’t many options for these patients, unfortunately. Once the meniscus is damaged, pain sets in and can lead to arthritis and the need for knee replacement surgery,” said Dr. Kaeding. “If this implant works as well as we think it will, it fills a gap in our treatment for those with meniscus injuries. We’re hoping this implant can not only alleviate the pain in these patients, but help them delay or altogether avoid a knee replacement surgery.”
What about the opinion of the leading sports surgeon in the world who said strengthen his quads and he is fine.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently you are incapable of having a conversationames with anyone who calls your point of view into question without calling them names. Check out this Bama-friendly link: A Quick Note on Greyshirting

Exactly what is your link supposed to say? It's a general primer on greyshirting.

And listening to the ignorance of Michigan fans over the year is not "name calling", it's what it's been. I didn't call you a poopy head.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the opinion of the leading sports surgeon in the world who said strengthen his quads and he is fine.
He still hasn't played in a game. I said I hope the best for the guy, but if he blows out his knee again next year and ends up walking with a limp fort he rest of his life, will you be here to admit that Andrews isn't "God?"

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what is your link supposed to say? It's a general primer on greyshirting.

And listening to the ignorance of Michigan fans over the year is not "name calling", it's what it's been. I didn't call you a poopy head.