• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, yes. Coaches get paid to deal with these things. Coaches are adults. This is not hard.
We may find out this is a direct reaction to Harbaugh's recent moves.
These recruits are usually adults....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan fans reaching despicable new lows of hypocrisy and classlessness.
Hypocrisy? Like an OSU fan calling Harbaugh out after their own coach had doctors falsify medical opinions to cut a perfectly capable kid after they signed him to make room for other, healthier, players -- thus forcing the kid to sit out a year and move to another school? Like that hypocrisy? That's nothing compared to simply removing an offer a few weeks before signing day. You can talk if Harbaugh ever does something after signing day. Until then, Urban's in a different league of shitty recruiting moves along with most of the SEC.

The kid who hadn't been in contact with Harbaugh for months, slacked off his entire senior year, didn't show up to the football camp Harbaugh requested he come to, decided to throw a hissy fit after Harbaugh pulled his offer. And while I do wish Harbaugh would have picked up the phone, his work ethic this past 6 months is more than enough justification to remove the offer. If you want to sign with any school, you should work for it. And if you don't do something the coaches want you to do (like show up to football camp) expect your offer to be in jeopardy.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy? Like an OSU fan calling Harbaugh out after their own coach had doctors falsify medical opinions to cut a perfectly capable kid after they signed him to make room for other, healthier, players -- thus forcing the kid to sit out a year and move to another school? Like that hypocrisy? That's nothing compared to simply removing an offer a few weeks before signing day. You can talk if Harbaugh ever does something after signing day. Until then, Urban's in a different league of shitty recruiting moves along with most of the SEC.

The only real difference is the kid who hadn't been in contact with Harbaugh for months, slacked off his entire senior year, didn't show up to the football camp Harbaugh requested he come to, decided to throw a hissy fit after Harbaugh pulled his offer. And while I do wish Harbaugh would have picked up the phone, his work ethic this past 6 months is more than enough justification to remove the offer. If you want to sign with any school, you should work for it. And if you don't do something the coaches want you to do (like show up to football camp) expect your offer to be in jeopardy.
LOL, resorting to lies and speculation just to pass off what your scumbag coach is doing. Classic michigan fans.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, resorting to lies and speculation just to pass off what your scumbag coach is doing. Classic michigan fans.
Lies, it came from the kid himself -- just like it came from Swenson in this case. Oh, but that kid's a liar and not telling the truth because Urban couldn't have possibly done that.....sigh. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These recruits are usually adults....
No they aren't. These are teenaged kids. I don't care if 18 is considered an adult, these are still high school kids with zero real world experience.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies, it came from the kid himself -- just like it came from Swenson in this case. Oh, but that kid's a liar and not telling the truth because Urban couldn't have possibly done that.....sigh. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
LOL the kid was pissed but I sure don't ever recall seeing any semblance of proof that Urban falsified doctor's reports. You're grasping at straws now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they aren't. These are teenaged kids. I don't care if 18 is considered an adult, these are still high school kids with zero real world experience.
They can go to war, vote, smoke and leave legally live on their own. They are adults. Stupid adults with no experience, but adults non the less. If Harbaugh told one of these adults to show up for a camp, that adult didn't show up for a camp, and Harbaugh ultimately pulled their offer, I have no problems with that. None of these kids are guaranteed anything until signing day. That's why signing day exists.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the kid was pissed but I sure don't ever recall seeing any semblance of proof that Urban falsified doctor's reports. You're grasping at straws now.
Either Urban influenced the doctors into giving him justification to cut him OR your team doctors are the worst doctors ever (which is possible in the state of Ohio), because the kid was fully practicing a few months later on another team. You choose.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Urban influenced the doctors into giving him justification to cut him OR your team doctors are the worst doctors ever (which is possible in the state of Ohio), because the kid was fully practicing a few months later on another team. You choose.
This is getting pretty sad, even for michigan fans. OSU Medical is one of the most respected hospitals in the nation. You're literally spewing lies just because you can't face the fact that your coach has no problem treating kids like commodities. Sorry, but you're just flat out wrong and have not even a shred of evidence that there was wrong-doing on Urban's part. But please, continue with your pathetic speculation. Keep digging that hole.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting pretty sad, even for michigan fans. OSU Medical is one of the most respected hospitals in the nation. You're literally spewing lies just because you can't face the fact that your coach has no problem treating kids like commodities. Sorry, but you're just flat out wrong and have not even a shred of evidence that there was wrong-doing on Urban's part. But please, continue with your pathetic speculation. Keep digging that hole.
So you're saying Urban then influenced the medical staff to lie about a player's condition so they could remove him from the scholarship count to make room for healthy players. Nice, classy move by Urban. Way more scummy than removing a scholarship weeks before signing day from an unmotivated recruit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Urban then influenced the medical staff to lie about a player's condition so they could remove him from the scholarship count to make room for healthy players. Nice, classy move by Urban. Way more scummy than removing a scholarship weeks before signing day from an unmotivated recruit.
Oh, MB. This is a new low. Literally making up lies just so you can excuse the disrespectful behavior of your coach. I mean, you're literally making up lies. There's just as much merit to me saying Harbaugh intentionally offered a scholarship to Weaver with the full knowledge that he would be pulling it at the last second just so he could justify the quality of his satellite camps. You do know you're not going to win this argument, right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having every doctor who looked at him after say he was fine and having the leading knee surgeon say his knee is not only fine, but he only needs to strengthen his quad muscles -- it tells you OSU, who was in a numbers crunch for recruits and had to get rid of one decided he was the best option.
By offering him a scholarship to stay and not play football was nothing more than a smoke screen as they knew he'd leave to go elsewhere.
You also never answered my question earlier. Wasn't Deen an early enrollee at OSU? If so, the coaching staff had to OK that, really recru it's can't just enroll early on their own.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having every doctor who looked at him after say he was fine and having the leading knee surgeon say his knee is not only fine, but he only needs to strengthen his quad muscles -- it tells you OSU, who was in a numbers crunch for recruits and had to get rid of one decided he was the best option.
By offering him a scholarship to stay and not play football was nothing more than a smoke screen as they knew he'd leave to go elsewhere.
You also never answered my question earlier. Wasn't Deen an early enrollee at OSU? If so, the coaching staff had to OK that, really recru it's can't just enroll early on their own.
Yes he was, that's pretty easy to look up yourself. And yes they have to. Why would they OK that if they knew he wasn't going to be cleared? Your speculation is unfounded, just like MB.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, MB. This is a new low. Literally making up lies just so you can excuse the disrespectful behavior of your coach. I mean, you're literally making up lies. There's just as much merit to me saying Harbaugh intentionally offered a scholarship to Weaver with the full knowledge that he would be pulling it at the last second just so he could justify the quality of his satellite camps. You do know you're not going to win this argument, right?
What lie am I making up? We know, for a fact, these things:

-The OSU recruit in question enrolled early
-OSU knew about his knee injury (that happened in 2013) before signing him and moving him to campus
-OSU's class at the time had more committed players than they had room for
-Said player was evaluated by team doctors and said his injury was a football ending injury and OSU would not let him play. Kid had his knee looked at by other doctors and was cleared -- OSU would still not enroll him.
-Literally 5 months later he was a full participant in Auburn's summer camp and "looked exceptional"

So, there are only two conclusions you can draw from this. Either OSU's team doctors were influenced to give the wrong prognosis in order for OSU to make the numbers work OR the OSU team doctors are terrible and should not be practicing medicine; unless you have another option you'd like to share?

Jamel Dean looking 'exceptional' at Auburn after knee injury ended his time at Ohio State

What defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson had to say: "I mean his knee looks exceptional. He's running, he's breaking, so I'm excited about him. Don't know what the future is going to hold, as far as when is going to play and all that kind of stuff, but he is doing a great job. He's a great kid and I'm so happy we got them."

And from your own local newspapers no less:
Former Buckeye Jamel Dean speaks about controversial Ohio State departure, says 'I could have played'

"The Buckeyes, from what had been announced, appeared to be in a numbers crunch for scholarships, but Ohio State said it had approached National Signing Day in February knowing that Dean would be out and adjusted accordingly. They were adamant that Dean's situation had nothing to do with numbers, and that coaches liked the 6-foot-2 cornerback as a prospect.

But John Wilkinson, Dean's coach, was clearly upset months later.

"It's totally wrong to do this to an 18-year-old kid who should be in high school, who you talked into coming up there early," Wilkinson told NEOMG in April. "You can't treat people this way."

After speaking with Wilkinson after the story was published, Ohio State felt the matter had been worked out. Dean had sought a second medical opinion, worked with outside expert Dr. James Andrews, and said he he been cleared. Multiple other schools allowed him to play. But Ohio State said if its doctors would not clear Dean, the issue was over. "

Multiple other teams, and unbiased doctors, cleared the player that the OSU team doctors wouldn't. Funny how that works when you need to meet a scholarship limit -- huh?

So, please tell me what I've gotten wrong here? Why won't you just admit this is a scumbag move and way worse than pulling a scholarship weeks before signing day. Dean had to sit out an entire year because of what Urban did to him.

I already admitted I didn't like what happened to Swenson but have no problem with pulling scholarships prior to signing day. What's super hypocritical is to naively believe that Urban did nothing wrong with the handling of Dean and then criticize Harbaugh for for his handling of the Swenson situation.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy-gif.82819.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What lie am I making up? We know, for a fact, these things:

-The OSU recruit in question enrolled early
-OSU knew about his knee injury (that happened in 2013) before signing him and moving him to campus
-OSU's class at the time had more committed players than they had room for
-Said player was evaluated by team doctors and said his injury was a football ending injury and OSU would not let him play. Kid had his knee looked at by other doctors and was cleared -- OSU would still not enroll him.
-Literally 5 months later he was a full participant in Auburn's summer camp and "looked exceptional"

So, there are only two conclusions you can draw from this. Either OSU's team doctors were influenced to give the wrong prognosis in order for OSU to make the numbers work OR the OSU team doctors are terrible and should not be practicing medicine; unless you have another option you'd like to share?

Jamel Dean looking 'exceptional' at Auburn after knee injury ended his time at Ohio State

What defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson had to say: "I mean his knee looks exceptional. He's running, he's breaking, so I'm excited about him. Don't know what the future is going to hold, as far as when is going to play and all that kind of stuff, but he is doing a great job. He's a great kid and I'm so happy we got them."

And from your own local newspapers no less:
Former Buckeye Jamel Dean speaks about controversial Ohio State departure, says 'I could have played'

"The Buckeyes, from what had been announced, appeared to be in a numbers crunch for scholarships, but Ohio State said it had approached National Signing Day in February knowing that Dean would be out and adjusted accordingly. They were adamant that Dean's situation had nothing to do with numbers, and that coaches liked the 6-foot-2 cornerback as a prospect.

But John Wilkinson, Dean's coach, was clearly upset months later.

"It's totally wrong to do this to an 18-year-old kid who should be in high school, who you talked into coming up there early," Wilkinson told NEOMG in April. "You can't treat people this way."

After speaking with Wilkinson after the story was published, Ohio State felt the matter had been worked out. Dean had sought a second medical opinion, worked with outside expert Dr. James Andrews, and said he he been cleared. Multiple other schools allowed him to play. But Ohio State said if its doctors would not clear Dean, the issue was over. "

Multiple other teams, and unbiased doctors, cleared the player that the OSU team doctors wouldn't. Funny how that works when you need to meet a scholarship limit -- huh?

So, please tell me what I've gotten wrong here? Why won't you just admit this is a scumbag move and way worse than pulling a scholarship weeks before signing day. Dean had to sit out an entire year because of what Urban did to him.

I already admitted I didn't like what happened to Swenson but have no problem with pulling scholarships prior to signing day. What's super hypocritical is to naively believe that Urban did nothing wrong with the handling of Dean and then criticize Harbaugh for this.
Uh huh. Here are some more facts:
- It would be an unprecedented move, as Urban has signed several kids that would need the offseason to rehab an injury and he simply redshirted them. Very simple and common thing.
- Ohio State was unquestionably in need of defensive back recruits in that class.
- Ohio State accepted 2 other CBs that we rated far below Dean (Joshua Norwood and Damon Arnette)
- They had to scramble to gain the commitment of 3* Damon Arnette, a CB who was rated well below Dean and who also needed the season to recover from an injury and ended up redshirting anyhow, at the last minute on Feb 2.

See? Your speculation doesn't add up. There's no logic to the idea that OSU would squeeze out a highly-rated prospect only to accept the commitment of a much lower-rated prospect at the last second (who himself was already going to need a redshirt) if they could've just as easily kept the higher rated prospect himself.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Michigan fans are doing a good job of of trying to sidetrack the discussion of their coach being a shady mother fucker. :clap:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. Here are some more facts:
- It would be an unprecedented move, as Urban has signed several kids that would need the offseason to rehab an injury and he simply redshirted them. Very simple and common thing.
- Ohio State was unquestionably in need of defensive back recruits in that class.
- Ohio State accepted 2 other CBs that we rated far below Dean (Joshua Norwood and Damon Arnette)
- They had to scramble to gain the commitment of 3* Damon Arnette, a CB who was rated well below Dean and who also needed the season to recover from an injury and ended up redshirting anyhow, at the last minute on Feb 2.

See? Your speculation doesn't add up. There's no logic to the idea that OSU would squeeze out a highly-rated prospect only to accept the commitment of a much lower-rated prospect at the last second (who himself was already going to need a redshirt) if they could've just as easily kept the higher rated prospect himself.

I'm not guessing to come to my conclusion. I'm not saying --- logically this makes sense. This is what happened and there can only be two conclusions made. Either OSU's team doctors suck or OSU cut this player to make room for others. I'm using facts that are straight from OSU, the recruit or other teams. At the time of his dismissal, OSU Had too many players committed. It doesn't matter what happened at or after signing day that OSU wasn't planning on. OSU screwed this kid over to make room. Whether that bit them in the ass and they needed to take some lower level kids later on is irrelevant to their handling of this player.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Michigan fans are doing a good job of of trying to sidetrack the discussion of their coach being a shady mother fucker. :clap:
I've already called out Harbaugh for his actions (hence this thread). It would be nice if OSU fans could at least admit the errors of their own coach.