• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy language. I hope u r blessed with a mentally challenged child. :L
That being said. Here is a Texas website talking about possibly having an opening on signing day before taking the grey shirt. Which is nothing more than a loophole to sign more than the allotted amount by the NCAA.

Are u saying if Harbaugh grey shirted Swenson. You'd be fine with that?
Kiss my ass. It's an anonymous message board, take your self-righteous bullshit somewhere else.

And as far as Merrick goes, they did the right thing and offered him a grey shirt right from the start. They didn't offer him a scholarship and wait til late January to pull the rug out from under him like your scumbag messiah Harbaugh. You tried to be a smartass and I called you on it, just suck it up.

Longhorns Pick Up New QB Commitment

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiss my ass. It's an anonymous message board, take your self-righteous bullshit somewhere else.

And as far as Merrick goes, they did the right thing and offered him a grey shirt right from the start. They didn't offer him a scholarship and wait til late January to pull the rug out from under him like your scumbag messiah Harbaugh. You tried to be a smartass and I called you on it, just suck it up.

Longhorns Pick Up New QB Commitment
It isn't self righteous, it is common decency. Anyone with an ounce of education leaves the juvenile comments on the playground.

And now that I know grey shirting a player is fine, I'm not sure why anyone would question Alabama recruiting at all. Seems like everyone but michigan recruits fairly.

There is a rumor going around. Ohio State doctors looked over Swenson for Harbaugh and found he had a hang nail and declared his football career over. That is why he went elsewhere. So everything is right in the world again

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't self righteous, it is common decency. Anyone with an ounce of education leaves the juvenile comments on the playground.

And now that I know grey shirting a player is fine, I'm not sure why anyone would question Alabama recruiting at all. Seems like everyone but michigan recruits fairly.

There is a rumor going around. Ohio State doctors looked over Swenson for Harbaugh and found he had a hang nail and declared his football career over. That is why he went elsewhere. So everything is right in the world again
You still don't understand how greyshirting works. Texas did it right; michigan did it wrong and recklessly. It's extremely easy to figure out if you aren't sincerely fucking retarded, but that seems to be a problem with you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking to someone for 6 months = clear communication that you aren't wanted apparently.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking to someone for 6 months = clear communication that you aren't wanted apparently.
I swear my brother and his wife have gone longer without talking to each other.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Codaxx. Who is Matthew Merrick? I know with all the preaching you have done, the university of Texas must not stoop to grey shirts to over sign when they run out of scholarships on a class.

He was offered a grey shirt in October if memory serves me correct. He was never offered a scholarship and had it pulled. Keep digging. No preaching. I simply think pulling a scholarship a week before signing date is disgusting. It's worse when the coach just pulled one 2 weeks before the signing date. Doesn't feel like a special circumstance

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy language. I hope u r blessed with a mentally challenged child. :L
That being said. Here is a Texas website talking about possibly having an opening on signing day before taking the grey shirt. Which is nothing more than a loophole to sign more than the allotted amount by the NCAA.

Are u saying if Harbaugh grey shirted Swenson. You'd be fine with that?

Completely different when you are up front with the offer. He almost went to Florida, who offered real late. Most were surprised that he didn't get the offer after 3 kids didn't make it in. Either you are just trying too hard or I feel sorry for you that you can't not see the difference

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his secrect? No lie I'll pay if it works.
I think it's extremely bad gas. Literally cleared out the HOUSE at his bachelor party while the strippers were there.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's extremely bad gas. Literally cleared out the HOUSE at his bachelor party while the strippers were there.
Can't coach that you either have or you don't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't understand how greyshirting works. Texas did it right; michigan did it wrong and recklessly. It's extremely easy to figure out if you aren't sincerely fucking retarded, but that seems to be a problem with you.
I absolutely know what a grey shirt is. A recruit who will pay their own way for the first semester. After that they will be given a scholarship which won't count toward that years total and instead go toward the next year's total.

IF Texas wasnt trying to skirt the system, they would have told Merrick he could attend Texas as a walk on. They wanted the commitment, but didn't have room for him.
By grey shirting him, his scholarship rolls over, he still has all of his eligibility and can do everything with the football program but play on games.

Grayshirts are supposed to be used for players with medical issues or struggle academically. Not because u really want a fourth QB on the roster to give u depth at the position.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. This just in. Ohio State doctor's looked over Merrick and found a suspicious mole on his arm. They declared his football career over, so this is all on the up and up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely know what a grey shirt is. A recruit who will pay their own way for the first semester. After that they will be given a scholarship which won't count toward that years total and instead go toward the next year's total.

IF Texas wasnt trying to skirt the system, they would have told Merrick he could attend Texas as a walk on. They wanted the commitment, but didn't have room for him.
By grey shirting him, his scholarship rolls over, he still has all of his eligibility and can do everything with the football program but play on games.

Grayshirts are supposed to be used for players with medical issues or struggle academically. Not because u really want a fourth QB on the roster to give u depth at the position.
Greyshirts are to be used however the hell you deem fit. They were honest with this kid right from the start IN NOVEMBER. They didn't offer him a scholarship and then pull it away in late January like scumbag Harbaugh. You do understand how these two situations are dramatically different right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you figured out yet that I said it is extremely shady if Harbaugh blindly pulled the scholarship of Swenson? A school can't comment until after he signs elsewhere, and I'm sure we will hear a story akin to the OSU doctor's saying a players career is over after a torn meniscus. Will that make it right in your eyes?

I posted about Merrick because grey shirting is just one of many ways to skirt the system in recruiting. By greyshirting, his eligibility isnt effected, he can be around the program, use the time to get bigger, then can redshirt and still have 4 years left to play even though they have been on campus for almost 2 years already.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with this whole situation is this -- they should clearly communicate intentions, even if it's "you're being used as a place holder and if we find someone better they will have your spot". I have no problem with pulling offers prior to signing day.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was offered a grey shirt in October if memory serves me correct. He was never offered a scholarship and had it pulled. Keep digging. No preaching. I simply think pulling a scholarship a week before signing date is disgusting. It's worse when the coach just pulled one 2 weeks before the signing date. Doesn't feel like a special circumstance
He isn't looking for facts, he's just having a really hard time accepting that his coach is scum.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you figured out yet that I said it is extremely shady if Harbaugh blindly pulled the scholarship of Swenson? A school can't comment until after he signs elsewhere, and I'm sure we will hear a story akin to the OSU doctor's saying a players career is over after a torn meniscus. Will that make it right in your eyes?

I posted about Merrick because grey shirting is just one of many ways to skirt the system in recruiting. By greyshirting, his eligibility isnt effected, he can be around the program, use the time to get bigger, then can redshirt and still have 4 years left to play even though they have been on campus for almost 2 years already.
I understand how greyshirting works. The issue was you trying to compare Merrick's situation with what Harbaugh is doing when they're not even remotely close. You're just grasping at straws now instead of taking your medicine.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand how greyshirting works. The issue was you trying to compare Merrick's situation with what Harbaugh is doing when they're not even remotely close. You're just grasping at straws now instead of taking your medicine.
Question. After Swenson signs, if UM comes out with an excuse explaining why Swenson was released of his scholarship. Is it going to make it better?
What if they told him he needed to come to UMs summer camp to work on his technique and didn't show up? What if they told him to take other visits and he didnt? What if they told him his scholarship was dependent on his game rotate from his senior? All u hear is the kids side.

Basically. What I'm saying is. These colleges all try to spin situations to make it look better than it is. You argue how OSU doctors say he can never play football even though every doctor afterward said he is fine and the top doctor in the country said it is nothino more than strengthening his quads. Michigan will spin it and say Swenson was told this and this, and knew the consequences. It is what it is. Cut throat and worry about the end results afterward.

Any Michigan fan talking about Michigan being above these type of recruiting tactics went out the door when they paid 7 million a year for Harbaugh.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not comparing the two incidents. I said pulling a scholarship is just one of many ways teams skirt the rules of recruiting. Grey shirts are another. Non-committed offers are another.

These things happen every year. It is only a big story now be a use it is michigan and it is Harbaugh. Old school Michigan fans better get used to it, as it will come with the territory here on out