• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh fires back at Saban (not really) -- invites all college coaches to the UM camp

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban did say it was B.S. using these invites to pretend they are not running the camps. However he did say he would have to start doing it himself if the coaches that like using loopholes continue.
Yep. That's how a lot of coaches are. I remember Pelini stated publicly that he thought a certain change in the rules about contacting players was a bad idea. However, do you think he didn't take what was given in the rule as a form of protest? Hell no, he had to do what everyone else was doing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, they may host their own -- but it makes them look like hypocrites, which I love. That's why Harbaughs move was so genius. I never expected Urban to show up at our camp but just a week ago he was denouncing satellite camps and now he's going to his own; all because of Harbaugh.

And yes, I do think there will be some five stars at the Michigan camp. No individual camp, not even Alabama's, is going to have more than a few; given there's only like 30 in a class.

Bullshit. No coach is or should intentionally harm their own recruiting because they disagree with a rule. The notion that you can't use a rule you disagree with is fucking stupid.

But that's what I expect from you, so it's not a surprise.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban did say it was B.S. using these invites to pretend they are not running the camps.

NCAA should make a litmus test rule to determine who is running/hosting the camp....

....the answer should be....

....whomever is arranging/hiring the catering/vittles for the camp is the party considered running/hosting the camp!
Alright!!.....who ordered the biscuits & gravy?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA should make a litmus test rule to determine who is running/hosting the camp....

....whomever is arranging/hiring the catering/vittles for the camp is the party considered running/hosting the camp!

So if the MI coaches outnumber the coaches for the camp they are at, who is running the camp?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the MI coaches outnumber the coaches for the camp they are at, who is running the camp?
:noidea: but based on the michigan fans recent behaviors I would guess Johnny football is running the concession stand :dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA is going to close the loophole will be all that happens. They've already said it's a top priority. The only holdup now are the slow wheels of bureaucracy.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good think Harbs preaches about doing things the "right way".

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That players mother was the most qualified person for the job :rant: :L
Do you even know what the job is? Because she did come highly qualified. Even if her motivation was to be closer to her son, so what? Why do you have an issue with someone qualified being hired? As already pointed out, that Stanford CB was coming either way and his mother got the job after his decision to come was made; her relationship with Harbaugh extends back to when he was at Stanford and she will have the job after her son leaves next spring.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its a good thing she knew that ahead of time before moving from FL to MI with no other connections there.
She knew Harbaugh when he was at Stanford and was perfectly qualified for the position. I assume you know no one who's tried to get a job to be around their family?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Saban probably called the SEC commish and said something along the lines of, "waaahh waaahhh but moooom, that's unfair. You need to say something so that we don't look bad. Waaah waaaah". The SEC did this so the coaches could say, "sorry we can't" without looking like hypocrites.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is going to close the loophole will be all that happens. They've already said it's a top priority. The only holdup now are the slow wheels of bureaucracy.
They said they'll look at it. If they definitively said they'll close it, they would have said that.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find funny SEC fans pissed or critical of this move by Harbs. If the SEC didn't have a rule that coaches can not participate in camps over 50 miles from their campus they all would be doing it.

Saban exploited numerous loopholes in the past when social media was new and using the internet to recruit kids. He was ahead of the curve....and lets not isolate Urban either as he cut his teeth recruiting in the SEC.

The NCAA will ban this or the SEC will have their restrictions lifted and thats all fine. But in the offseason gamesmanship Harbs goes scoreboard.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She knew Harbaugh when he was at Stanford and was perfectly qualified for the position. I assume you know no one who's tried to get a job to be around their family?
She was in FL after all and her son was where, oh yeah CA. She didn't move to CA for the 4 years he was there but moves to MI for the 1 year he will play for Harbs?

I guess Harbs thought he needed this kid.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find funny SEC fans pissed or critical of this move by Harbs. If the SEC didn't have a rule that coaches can not participate in camps over 50 miles from their campus they all would be doing it.

Saban exploited numerous loopholes in the past when social media was new and using the internet to recruit kids. He was ahead of the curve....and lets not isolate Urban either as he cut his teeth recruiting in the SEC.

The NCAA will ban this or the SEC will have their restrictions lifted and thats all fine. But in the offseason gamesmanship Harbs goes LOOPHOLE.

FIFY

Harbs are MI where he does it things the "right" way.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA will ban this or the SEC will have their restrictions lifted and thats all fine. But in the offseason gamesmanship Harbs goes scoreboard.

Nobody is pissed. If the Michigan camp in Alabama was really a worry, that highschool coach would have a change of heart on the event or end up fired. The only recruits Harbaugh is pulling in are the ones that don't get offers from Alabama or Auburn, so nobody is really pissed.

In the end it's going to be the same for everyone, and I think coaches understand that. So this is more a discussion towards is this what college football recruiting needs, and most say no it doesn't. Which is the reason the NCAA, not the SEC, banned schools from hosting their own camps to start with.