• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh fires back at Saban (not really) -- invites all college coaches to the UM camp

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

So are the camps not bringing Michigan any talent?
We have talent, I'm just not sure how much they're going to be able to develop these kids in 8 months. We shall see. I don't expect any lower than 8 wins and I wouldn't be shocked, given the talent we do have, if Harbaugh pulls a Harbaugh and gets them to 10+ wins; especially with the Grad-transfers we're getting.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are so blind that they can't see how bad of a position this leaves their coach in and how decisive of a media win this was for Harbaugh.

"There are two ways opposing coaches, SEC and otherwise, can react to this. They can sit out the camp, missing out on a recruiting opportunity and appearing afraid of competition in the process. Or they can attend, therefore contributing to Michigan's camp becoming a massive draw for recruits. This isn't a decision Nick Saban will enjoy making, and that goes doubly so for Urban Meyer and Mark Dantonio. Harbaugh essentially blackmailed the college coaching world into making his program's camp a premier event."
:pound:

There's no reason for Urban to go or any big name coach for that matter. You're making this a bigger deal that it is. I'll wait and see if this becomes a "premier event" and then laugh when most likely it is not.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are so blind that they can't see how bad of a position this leaves their coach in and how decisive of a media win this was for Harbaugh.

"There are two ways opposing coaches, SEC and otherwise, can react to this. They can sit out the camp, missing out on a recruiting opportunity and appearing afraid of competition in the process. Or they can attend, therefore contributing to Michigan's camp becoming a massive draw for recruits. This isn't a decision Nick Saban will enjoy making, and that goes doubly so for Urban Meyer and Mark Dantonio. Harbaugh essentially blackmailed the college coaching world into making his program's camp a premier event."

I think this is completely wrong. The other top coaches can just ignore Harbs trying to grandstand and treat him like an afterthought. The only way Harbs would "win" is if the other coaches went and more talent went to this camp there were not going without those other coaches.

You realize any recruit can attend any camp...right? If enough major coaches attend 1 camp, you'll see kids from all over (not just Michigan) at this camp; which is why it's so genius.

Or if they don't its a major failure.

I think you mean, "in the past, you were getting top 5 finishes while Michigan was struggling to make a bowl game".

I think Michigan ends up right around 8/9 wins. Nothing too fancy this year. So I'm not sure our expectations differ enough to bet on.

The "past" was last year so until Harbs does some winning Samurai is correct it is present.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean, "in the past, you were getting top 5 finishes while Michigan was struggling to make a bowl game".

I think Michigan ends up right around 8/9 wins. Nothing too fancy this year. So I'm not sure our expectations differ enough to bet on.
No I mean are. We have been top 5 the past two seasons and there is no reason that won't continue this year. This is current, not the past.

If Harbaugh is going to make them a 10+ win season you should take the bet. But it sounds like we are all talk and know Michigan is not as talented as you pretend they are. I'm giving you a buffer of two whole games. Put up or shut up.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an up-and-coming coach. One who will, rather than sit on the sidelines, actually coach at this thing. And, there's certainly more to come. He was just the first to jump at the chance to be apart of this, soon-to-be, can't miss football camp of the year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is completely wrong. The other top coaches can just ignore Harbs trying to grandstand and treat him like an afterthought. The only way Harbs would "win" is if the other coaches went and more talent went to this camp there were not going without those other coaches.

Or if they don't its a major failure.

The "past" was last year so until Harbs does some winning Samurai is correct it is present.

It's not the present, it's very clearly the past. It was an entirely different coaching staff; one with way less history of winning.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an up-and-coming coach. One who will, rather than sit on the sidelines, actually coach at this thing. And, there's certainly more to come. He was just the first to jump at the chance to be apart of this, soon-to-be, can't miss football camp of the year.

:heh:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the present, it's very clearly the past. It was an entirely different coaching staff; one with way less history of winning.

Hope springs eternal.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I mean are. We have been top 5 the past two seasons and there is no reason that won't continue this year. This is current, not the past.

If Harbaugh is going to make them a 10+ win season you should take the bet. But it sounds like we are all talk and know Michigan is not as talented as you pretend they are. I'm giving you a buffer of two whole games. Put up or shut up.
I remain somewhat optimistic but am sticking with my prediction of 8/9 wins until I see something. I honestly have no idea what we're going to look like or what kind of miracles Harbaugh can create with a broken 5 star QB, a bunch of freshman and an average grad-transfer. The rest of the team has potential talent all over the place. Hoke just didn't develop it and I have no realistic idea of how long that actually takes.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a project -- find a media member who's against what Harbaugh is doing? It doesn't matter what I think, it doesn't matter what you think -- it matters what HS football players think. And if they're reading all these media articles in favor of Harbaugh, it's nothing but great for us.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a project -- find a media member who's against what Harbaugh is doing? It doesn't matter what I think, it doesn't matter what you think -- it matters what HS football players think. And if they're reading all these media articles in favor of Harbaugh, it's nothing but great for us.

In a few years you'll be against it.

That's all I got to say about it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am completely against the satellite camp idea. Mostly because it was outlawed by the NCAA and this is merely an attempt to skirt the rules, I think that is clear to everyone. I will say I like Harbaugh. I thought CFB would get boring with the Spurrier closing in on retirement. It seems Harbaugh will be there to provide the comic relief.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG... I want ALL the visiting/guest coaches coming to the Michigan four day camp to wear Khaki's... that would be friggin' great! Could you imagine if Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, James Franklin, and Nick Saban all show up dressed like Harbaugh (including the sharpie pen tied around the neck). That would be awesome!

Additionally... Bob Stitt of Montana is no joke. While at Colorado School of Mines, Stitt was supposedly credited as developing what is now one of the most popular plays in college football, the Fly Sweep. Stitt transformed CSM from the worst football program in Div II to one of the best. 2015 will be Stitt's first season with Montana, and I will not be surprised if he transforms the Grizzlies into a perennial FCS powerhouse. Harbaugh and the other attending coaches can probably learn a few pointers from Bob Stitt.

Last edited: