• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh fires back at Saban (not really) -- invites all college coaches to the UM camp

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they anti-affordable? I don't get this.

Harbaugh didn't call any bluff. He invited everyone up to see those 3 stars which most will not have an offer from UM. Yes guys come see all the players we are not offering.
We get a few kids from the camps every year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Do you really think the problem in the past was that Nick Saban couldn't get invited to a camp? Are you really so stupid that you think the SEC is against it because they are worried they can't get into camps across the country?

Wow you Michigan fans are delusional.

Harbaugh hasn't called anyone's bluff. Nobody wants to go to Michigans crappy camp to start with. If the SEC removes the rule next month, Saban isn't going to waste his time in Michigan.
The SEC is worried because we can do it and they can't.

And I'm sorry, the national media does not agree with your biased opinion.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are so blind that they can't see how bad of a position this leaves their coach in and how decisive of a media win this was for Harbaugh.

"There are two ways opposing coaches, SEC and otherwise, can react to this. They can sit out the camp, missing out on a recruiting opportunity and appearing afraid of competition in the process. Or they can attend, therefore contributing to Michigan's camp becoming a massive draw for recruits. This isn't a decision Nick Saban will enjoy making, and that goes doubly so for Urban Meyer and Mark Dantonio. Harbaugh essentially blackmailed the college coaching world into making his program's camp a premier event."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is worried because we can do it and they can't.

And I'm sorry, the national media does not agree with your biased opinion.

:L

The SEC and ACC are the ones preventing themselves from doing it. They can just change their rule if they want. And they both have said they will.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The SEC and ACC are the ones preventing themselves from doing it. They can just change their rule if they want. And they both have said they will.

We'll see. In the meantime, Harbaugh wins.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are so blind that they can't see how bad of a position this leaves their coach in and how decisive of a media win this was for Harbaugh.

"There are two ways opposing coaches, SEC and otherwise, can react to this. They can sit out the camp, missing out on a recruiting opportunity and appearing afraid of competition in the process. Or they can attend, therefore contributing to Michigan's camp becoming a massive draw for recruits. This isn't a decision Nick Saban will enjoy making, and that goes doubly so for Urban Meyer and Mark Dantonio. Harbaugh essentially blackmailed the college coaching world into making his program's camp a premier event."

Nobody needs an invite to Michigan camp. Nobody wants an invite to a Michigan camp. You aren't bringing in recruits that anyone is interested in. What is the point in going?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody needs an invite to Michigan camp. Nobody wants an invite to a Michigan camp. You aren't bringing in recruits that anyone is interested in. What is the point in going?
You realize any recruit can attend any camp...right? If enough major coaches attend 1 camp, you'll see kids from all over (not just Michigan) at this camp; which is why it's so genius.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. In the meantime, Harbaugh wins.

Yeah, just like Michigan stole Alabama's OC the year before.

Just like Michigan had 4 NFL quality QB's on your roster.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just like Michigan stole Alabama's OC the year before.

Just like Michigan had 4 NFL quality QB's on your roster.

Nuss was the 2nd best coach on our staff last year; which is why he's only one of 2 coaches from that staff on a BCS team this year. There was a moment last year where Nuss put in Morris and Hoke pulled Morris and put in Gardner because Gardner was a senior. And that was the moment I knew that Nuss had nothing to do with our failures last year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wonder if Rich Rod will take Harbaugh's up on his offer? This could get interesting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about Harbaugh, isn't it? :rolleyes:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this will be Michigan's biggest win of 2015.
You MSU fans are funny. At this point, it's only a matter of time before MSU slips into the background in the big 10.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize any recruit can attend any camp...right? If enough major coaches attend 1 camp, you'll see kids from all over (not just Michigan) at this camp; which is why it's so genius.

It would be pretty funny if a bunch called him on his bluff.

Or has it not occurred to you that if more people come because other big name coaches show up - they are coming to see those coaches, not yours?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty funny if a bunch called him on his bluff.

Or has it not occurred to you that if more people come because other big name coaches show up - they are coming to see those coaches, not yours?
I'm sure plenty of kids will show up just for our staff full of successful NFL coaches. The draw will only be larger if additional big name coaches show up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You MSU fans are funny. At this point, it's only a matter of time before MSU slips into the background in the big 10.
And in the mean time we are getting top 5 finishes while Michigan is struggling to make a bowl game.

Since you think Michigan should win 9+ games this season I'll make a bet on Michigan's season. Over/under of 8 wins, I'll let you set the terms from the last regular season game through the title game. Avy bet, signature bet, banned to the toilet bowl, your call.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure plenty of kids will show up just for our staff full of successful NFL coaches. The draw will only be larger if additional big name coaches show up.

It's a bluff dummy. I would be surprised if anyone wants to go to a Michigan camp. And Harbaugh certainly doesn't want the competition.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the mean time we are getting top 5 finishes while Michigan is struggling to make a bowl game.

Since you think Michigan should win 9+ games this season I'll make a bet on Michigan's season. Over/under of 8 wins, I'll let you set the terms from the last regular season game through the title game. Avy bet, signature bet, banned to the toilet bowl, your call.

I think you mean, "in the past, you were getting top 5 finishes while Michigan was struggling to make a bowl game".

I think Michigan ends up right around 8/9 wins. Nothing too fancy this year. So I'm not sure our expectations differ enough to bet on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a few kids from the camps every year.

But...

I think you mean, "in the past, you were getting top 5 finishes while Michigan was struggling to make a bowl game".

I think Michigan ends up right around 8/9 wins. Nothing too fancy this year. So I'm not sure our expectations differ enough to bet on.

So are the camps not bringing Michigan any talent?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bluff dummy. I would be surprised if anyone wants to go to a Michigan camp. And Harbaugh certainly doesn't want the competition.
Ten minutes in, Harbaugh already got a coach to commit. Bob Stitt from the University of Montana