• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hank Hughes Gone

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because we at least need to get assistants here who have a great track record. Even Riley could be really successful here with good assistants.
Who would be on this list of assistants with a great track record in your opinion?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More specifically...

First off, there's 12 to 15 of them I would call good candidates off the top of my head. I repeat from an earlier post of mine that the main criteria for selecting candidates is how successful has their defensive lines performed over the last 7 to 10 years. That's plenty of time to get an accurate assessment, accounting for injuries and the playing of younger players. It's kind of like selecting a head coach for example. If a head coach has had 3 losing seasons out of his last five, and he's been a coach of that school for over a decade, it's a good idea to exclude him as a candidate as a head coach.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan hired a good one from Boston College. That was my first choice when I started looking. I don't think Nebraska can pry a coach from another of the P5 schools that are in the Top 20 in rush defense. That does not seem to be Riley's MO.

I will give two names

OSIA LEWIS has Oregon State ties. Coaching at San Diego State.

#7 rush defense (against what though)

Mark Ivey Appalachian State was a high school football coach in Florida

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the threads out there on the topic no one really has any idea whatsoever regarding who Riley has in mind after Angus bucked our offer, only a few folks offering up name of who they'd like to see hired. One would assume if Parella or Thompson were offered either one wouldn't need to give it much thought, spring bawls will be on before we know it, new fish is going to have his work cut out for him

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, there's 12 to 15 of them I would call good candidates off the top of my head. I repeat from an earlier post of mine that the main criteria for selecting candidates is how successful has their defensive lines performed over the last 7 to 10 years. That's plenty of time to get an accurate assessment, accounting for injuries and the playing of younger players. It's kind of like selecting a head coach for example. If a head coach has had 3 losing seasons out of his last five, and he's been a coach of that school for over a decade, it's a good idea to exclude him as a candidate as a head coach.
I'm just trying to get some names out of you here. If you continue to repeat what you've always said, which are complete generalities, you are leaving yourself an out to whine and complain no matter who the hire is. So who exactly would you like to see as coach that could reasonably be hired at Nebraska?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan hired a good one from Boston College. That was my first choice when I started looking. I don't think Nebraska can pry a coach from another of the P5 schools that are in the Top 20 in rush defense. That does not seem to be Riley's MO.

I will give two names

OSIA LEWIS has Oregon State ties. Coaching at San Diego State.

#7 rush defense (against what though)

Mark Ivey Appalachian State was a high school football coach in Florida
Wow, Osia Lewis is a name I haven't heard yet. There was a rumor he was going to Vanderbilt, but either it's not finalized or it didn't end up happening. That wouldn't be bad.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like Parrella is the guy and will be officially announced soon. Not a fan of it on the surface, but we'll see how it goes.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is indeed Parrella it is an interesting hire... better than Hughes IMO. Parella has NFL pedigree both in coaching and in playing. Could be a really good hire. Jason Peter will like it that's for sure (not that that's saying much).

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is indeed Parrella it is an interesting hire... better than Hughes IMO. Parella has NFL pedigree both in coaching and in playing. Could be a really good hire. Jason Peter will like it that's for sure (not that that's saying much).
Lack of D1 recruiting experience is what has me a bit concerned, especially since we need to get some guys on the DL in this class. Hoping for the best, though.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it all comes back to recruiting and his name doesn't have a lot of weight. hopefully he's a guy who can sell himself to some kids.

looking at a bio over on N Mich website, says he started the Valley Christian HS football program in San Jose CA. In his 1st season they made playoffs and had 4 straight appearances in the playoffs. So, that CA connection might be helpful.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parella is N

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that and learning he was a former Charger, I'm ecstatic.