• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hank Hughes Gone

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VV said he left because he thought Hughes was staying. Ouch

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? are you in no communication with your coach at all? seems like a pretty easy thing to ask. wasn't hughes out just a short time after he declared? I'm too lazy to look up timing.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bottom line is Vincent Valentine should have stayed for a senior season anyway

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? are you in no communication with your coach at all? seems like a pretty easy thing to ask. wasn't hughes out just a short time after he declared? I'm too lazy to look up timing.

VV said he talked to Riley before his decision and it didn't seem like Hughes was gone at the time

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bottom line is Vincent Valentine should have stayed for a senior season anyway

he also said that Hughes wouldn't have helped his draft stock and that is why he left.

:L @ me for leaving out the most important part

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also said that Hughes wouldn't have helped his draft stock and that is why he left.

:L @ me for leaving out the most important part
He said that Hughes was very detail-oriented or something like that, and that's why he didn't think he'd help. Now I'm not gonna defend Hughes, but really? They aren't detail-oriented in the NFL?

Think he's not the brightest crayon in the box if he thought he was going to have a higher draft stock this year as opposed to next, regardless of who the DL coach is.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that Hughes was very detail-oriented or something like that, and that's why he didn't think he'd help. Now I'm not gonna defend Hughes, but really? They aren't detail-oriented in the NFL?

Think he's not the brightest crayon in the box if he thought he was going to have a higher draft stock this year as opposed to next, regardless of who the DL coach is.

Nah he said that coach Kaz was very detail oriented and that Hughes was not.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ashamed to say it but I don't see a plus for us whichever way VV would have gone, I do wish the best for him moving forward

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ashamed to say it but I don't see a plus for us whichever way VV would have gone, I do wish the best for him moving forward

No way. Another college year under his belt... He had nowhere to go but up from last year, and he declared so late that he had a fraction of the time to train for the combine that Collins did, let alone find a good agent.

His endorsement prospects are scarce. He's a 3rd round talent who's gonna get picked in the 5th or 6th.

I don't blame him if he didn't like his position coach. I hated Hughes from the first 2 minute feature video of him.

He came off as slow and aloof when speaking and especially when coaching.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Another college year under his belt... He had nowhere to go but up from last year, and he declared so late that he had a fraction of the time to train for the combine that Collins did, let alone find a good agent.

His endorsement prospects are scarce. He's a 3rd round talent who's gonna get picked in the 5th or 6th.

I don't blame him if he didn't like his position coach. I hated Hughes from the first 2 minute feature video of him.

He came off as slow and aloof when speaking and especially when coaching.
I agree HH didn't do him any favors however he had a year under MP in the weight room, the training and conditioning has been his biggest adversary since orientation. The kid has potential but idk that anyone will ever see it. I like the JP hire but as far as what he could or might have gotten from VV is as big of a ? as the kid himself