• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLD Gone

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did it for me with PLD is the Wild game. I believe he was challenged by Foligno and he backed away and while he was skating to the bench he pushed Faber. When he came over, I didnt know much about him other than he wanted out of Winnepeg and Columbus. I remember someone saying that he played with an edge and had some grit. I was pretty excited knowing thats what the roster was in dyer need of. I saw none of that and thought pushing a smaller younger player in Faber was a punk move. Then hearing he was a cancer in the lockeroom. I am glad he is gone.

Its too bad Lizzard doesnt have the size that PLD has. He would be a perfect match. If somehow we could just combine the two. LOL

I remember that distinctly, it was a total bitch move. Yeah, let's hit the rookie D1 but walk away from a guy who you would have probably held your own against. I didn't like that at all.

Laferriere gets in a scrap his first NHL game defending a teammate who took a questionable hit, notice no one messed with Laferriere again all season long. He set his tone for himself, sent a message to the league yes I'm a rookie but you won't be railroading me or my teammates.

I remember Doughty saying "we like him playing pissed off" or something like that in TC last year, we didn't see a lot of that during the season. When he was engaged, he was a bull. I remember certain games he was just laying bodies out and looked angry and played well. Guess the CA sunshine and $8.5 million mellowed him out.

And completely agree, The Lizard in PLDs body would be the prototype hockey player. Big, determined, take no prisoners.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were already missing that. Since he put up 40 points last year. The 1 point in 5 games against Edmonton was pretty much the last piece for me. No scrums, no fights, no points. Just comes off as defeatist. It is what it is, but personally, I'm glad he's gone.

Well that's kind of my point, Who was the last king's third line center that got sixty points