• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halak

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy the real deal? In only his 2nd season with significant playing time, he posted the 4th best save percentage in the regular season and 9th best GAA. Also had 5 shutouts in just 45 games.

He's been stellar on the biggest stages, the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Olympics. He beat the teams with perhaps the best high-end talent (Russia, Washington), and the defending champs in both tournaments (Sweden, Pittsburgh).

He's only 25. Do you think he's gonna turn into an elite goaltender, or not?

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say. While it is indeed only his second season with significant playing time, he has looked very good throughout his whole career. If it weren't for Carey Price he might have been the undisputed number one in Montreal a few years ago. Then again, if it weren't for Carey Price maybe the pressure would have gotten to him.

I think he's the real deal, although it will be very tough to top the incredible run he's been on. I doubt he stays at this level forever. I think he will taper off and have a good, consistent career and post top ten numbers for several years, maybe with a few outstanding/Vezina worthy seasons in between. If I had to compare his projected career arc to a goalie, I would throw out the name Curtis Joseph. Maybe not the most dominant goalie of his time, maybe never "the best" in the game, but arguably ONE of the best, and a guy who brings it every season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes been really solid. He had a good regular season. The team then said they wanted to see how he fared in the Olympics and playoffs. I think he has done very well in both of them.
Goalies can be weird, sometimes one great season can be followed by struggles. Its hard to tell. I certainly see no reason to expect Halak to struggle next season and beyond. Fundamentally he is sound and seems to have the right temperament.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes been really solid. He had a good regular season. The team then said they wanted to see how he fared in the Olympics and playoffs. I think he has done very well in both of them.
Goalies can be weird, sometimes one great season can be followed by struggles. Its hard to tell. I certainly see no reason to expect Halak to struggle next season and beyond. Fundamentally he is sound and seems to have the right temperament.

This is what has me convinced. He's very good positionally, and he's alwasy on his angles. That usually translates into consistency. But he also has gamebreaking talent, which could make him elite if it shows up often enough.

I think he'll definitely be good and consistent throughout his career, and he's a clear number one goaltender, but I don't know that he'll ever be truly elite. If he is, though, I won't be surprised.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he plays like he did when he faced Philly the last time they played them. 12 out of 17 shots stopped and him being expelled after 2 periods. :)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he plays like he did when he faced Philly the last time they played them. 12 out of 17 shots stopped and him being expelled after 2 periods. :)

The last time he faced Philly, on April 2, the Flyers lost 1-0 despite complete and utter domination on all facets of the ice, exceeded only by Halak's brillance.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time he faced Philly, on April 2, the Flyers lost 1-0 despite complete and utter domination on all facets of the ice, exceeded only by Halak's brillance.

Okay.......the time before that then!!