• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GWT: Niners @ Lions

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:bj:

We need to do two things to win next week.

On offense we need to establish the ground game. I think the Lions DL is a little overrated right now. Fairley hasn't played and the DL is being worshipped by many. I don't see a lot of run stoppers in that front 4 though and if we can run the ball, that should slow down the pass rush.

On defense, I actually think we're in good shape. Detroit struggles to run the ball. We can probably stop this without over-committing allowing us to help in the secondary against Megatron.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isnt it nice to play back to back teams, which play on monday night the week before? I like it..

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the ugliest quarter of football I've seen in a while....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Tonya Harding up to these days? Think she's got plans this Sunday?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Detroit is looking quite vulnerable to outside runs, both off-tackle and in the guard-tackle gap. We'll have to run at them to slow down their pass rush. Hope our coaches are taking notes. I can see Hunter doing some damage.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how much trust Linehan has in Stafford. Letting him the run the no huddle in this atmosphere against a division rival this early in his career speaks volumes.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is looking quite vulnerable to outside runs, both off-tackle and in the guard-tackle gap. We'll have to run at them to slow down their pass rush. Hope our coaches are taking notes. I can see Hunter doing some damage.

Their LBs are average at best, and they struggle when they have to play sideline to sideline. We ran a lot of off-tackle stuff against the Bucs, we should do the same against Detroit.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers is questionable to return, correct? Knee?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've about had my fill of the Al Davis eulogies. Amazes me a guy everyone ripped on a few days ago gets so much praise after he croaks. I get he contributed a ton to the game, but come on, everyone made fun of the Raiders, their drafts, how they've managed their coaching staffs, etc the last few years.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it's harder to judge a team when they are playing someone from their division. Stafford seems to have a bad habit of throwing the ball high, I hope he keeps that up going into next week.

The secondary has it's work cut out for it against Megatron. Definitely can't let him do that to them, turn him loose and then sit there wondering what happened after he scored a 70 yard TD.

They seem to aggressively passrush with the D-Line, hopefully the O-Line and Gore can gash them for some big runs with their attack.

Oh, another thing. Very loud stadium to start off, 49ers need to do whatever they did to practice for that type of noise in the Philadelphia game during this week too, hope they can keep Davis' false starts to a low number.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've about had my fill of the Al Davis eulogies. Amazes me a guy everyone ripped on a few days ago gets so much praise after he croaks. I get he contributed a ton to the game, but come on, everyone made fun of the Raiders, their drafts, how they've managed their coaching staffs, etc the last few years.

Are you talking about the ESPN coverage of him? What do you expect? They're about as gutless as it gets. Usually people flatter the dead. I think don't agree with that. I don't agree with being harsh for the sake of being harsh either, but that's usually the rare exception to the rule.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking about the ESPN coverage of him? What do you expect? They're about as gutless as it gets. Usually people flatter the dead. I think don't agree with that. I don't agree with being harsh for the sake of being harsh either, but that's usually the rare exception to the rule.

Everyone....I agree with the tendency for "flattering the dead" but it's getting annoying. I get a little irritated by the media in general. They go over the top analyzing and reporting any story of significance (for ratings).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 combined penalties in the first half. Yikes....

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone....I agree with the tendency for "flattering the dead" but it's getting annoying. I get a little irritated by the media in general. They go over the top analyzing and reporting any story of significance (for ratings).

Agreed. It seems outright fake at this point. But that's ESPN.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Me too. All this "Mr. Davis this and Mr. Davis that". No one ever called Al "Mr. Davis". They are making him out to be the social conscience of the NFL and the benefactor of monorities in the NFL when last week he was the buffoon who brought you DHB and Jamarcus Russell and had 4 coaches in the last 5 years.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dumb play by Hester on the kick off.