• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GWT: Niners @ Lions

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati (Q) we need him healthy or it will be a long day.....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com 49ers hope to muffle roar of Detroit crowd

Was just reading this. The mention of the DL and its depth makes me wonder if we're planning on running some no-huddle to keep them off-balance. I'm not sure if Harbaugh is ready to trust Smith with much of that, but we may need to do something to slow down that DL.

Well, two minute offenses and relatively no huddle situations were Alex's strengths last year (as well as red zone efficiency), maybe a no-huddle would catch them off-guard and suit Smith well. I do think he was so good at it in part due to the infrequency of the situation. If we were to have done two minute offenses the whole game, his play would be lower than strategic application. But he certainly could try it this game... if we did, when do you think the best time would be? At the start to throw them off but then get adjusted to at the half? Or at the second half when that may or may not be too late? Only in true two minute situations? Random feel of the game type of thing?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com 49ers hope to muffle roar of Detroit crowd

Was just reading this. The mention of the DL and its depth makes me wonder if we're planning on running some no-huddle to keep them off-balance. I'm not sure if Harbaugh is ready to trust Smith with much of that, but we may need to do something to slow down that DL.

A no huddle would be a good move by the coaches. I think Alex can do this, if he can run a 2 minute drill with poorous coaches in the past, I'm sure with Harbs he can do it with one arm. :cheer2:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, two minute offenses and relatively no huddle situations were Alex's strengths last year (as well as red zone efficiency), maybe a no-huddle would catch them off-guard and suit Smith well. I do think he was so good at it in part due to the infrequency of the situation. If we were to have done two minute offenses the whole game, his play would be lower than strategic application. But he certainly could try it this game... if we did, when do you think the best time would be? At the start to throw them off but then get adjusted to at the half? Or at the second half when that may or may not be too late? Only in true two minute situations? Random feel of the game type of thing?

My preferences only, I would probably do it in the 2nd half where they should already be tired(hopefully) thus making the no huddle more effective. Then again, if in the first off a turnover or good field positioning works too....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in seattle(as mentioned by players), should be a good test in itself... These guys should be use to it....

RCousino85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with that... Harbaugh is changing it up and giving us all hope. Atleast we don't have to hear i'm going to have to watch flim for every response, actully have someone who puts the effort in to make the team better

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that... Harbaugh is changing it up and giving us all hope. Atleast we don't have to hear i'm going to have to watch flim for every response, actully have someone who puts the effort in to make the team better

i'm gonna have to watch some film on harbaugh to confirm this

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have one real fear in this game and thats the crowd noise vs RT A. Davis. He is already a false start machine, So it make me worry a little seeing what the Lions fans did to chicago. But besides that I think we can win this game. I dont think it would be a cake walk like the Bucs game. But I like our chance to pull out a victory.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I only have one real fear in this game and thats the crowd noise vs RT A. Davis. He is already a false start machine, So it make me worry a little seeing what the Lions fans did to chicago. But besides that I think we can win this game. I dont think it would be a cake walk like the Bucs game. But I like our chance to pull out a victory.

I share your concern. If it is any consolation, Harbaugh did import from Stanford a large PA system to pump up the volume. So, my guess is we'll see a lot of silent counts come Sunday.