• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GWT: Niners @ Lions

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not confident for the Lions game at all. Without Edwards and Morgan the passing attack will really struggle and that is going to severely cramp the
49er offense. They can double Crabtree and take him totally away and hold up Davis at the line to disrupt his patterns. Ginn and Williams can easily be covered one on one and Walker simply drops too many passes to be a go-to guy. This will put too much pressure on the running game. Missing Edwards and Morgan will have a snow ball effect on the entire offense.

I wouldn't take too much away from a loss in Detroit though under these conditions. At full strength I think the 49ers can beat the Lions.

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This will put too much pressure on the running game. Missing Edwards and Morgan will have a snow ball effect on the entire offense.

Understandable. But you do know that the Lions are giving up almost 120 yards a game on the ground?
If Smith continues to take care of the football I think we win.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Understandable. But you do know that the Lions are giving up almost 120 yards a game on the ground?
If Smith continues to take care of the football I think we win.

Possibly. It's going to be tough though. I doubt the Lions will give up that many yards on the ground against a team who will not be able to pass. Again though, I wouldn't take a whole lot away from a loss here. They are just hamstrung on offense right now. It would take a heck of an effort or a heck of a game plan by the staff to get this one.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not confident for the Lions game at all. Without Edwards and Morgan the passing attack will really struggle and that is going to severely cramp the
49er offense. They can double Crabtree and take him totally away and hold up Davis at the line to disrupt his patterns. Ginn and Williams can easily be covered one on one and Walker simply drops too many passes to be a go-to guy. This will put too much pressure on the running game. Missing Edwards and Morgan will have a snow ball effect on the entire offense.

I wouldn't take too much away from a loss in Detroit though under these conditions. At full strength I think the 49ers can beat the Lions.

Let me be the light in your morbid mind!!!!

Losing Morgan does hurts us. So we will be relying on Crabtree to make big plays/conversions etc.... But we're still (ATM) a two WR, two TE offense, if anything with Ginn playing along with Crabtree, open the vertical attack up allowing Davis and Walker to get open.

Don't be so down on KW, its a good chance for him to step up and I think he'll come through being a near perfect slot type reciever.

Only speaking offensively, do what do to get to this point, solid OL play with great direction and play from our QB and throw in some hard running games from Gore and Hunter. Detroit Def is good and feeling good about themselves, this is a game where we have to out play/smart them. I still don't see a LB of theirs able to cover Davis or Walker.

Agreed, full health, we're the better team overall. Win or Lose, I just don't want to play with hustle and heart. We're a good team so if we win, it's a great quality win, if we lose, nothing to hang heads over.

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possibly. It's going to be tough though. I doubt the Lions will give up that many yards on the ground against a team who will not be able to pass. Again though, I wouldn't take a whole lot away from a loss here. They are just hamstrung on offense right now. It would take a heck of an effort or a heck of a game plan by the staff to get this one.

The Niners will be able to pass. Josh Morgan is not a "game breaker". I'm thinking there will be a good dose of Gore/Hunter on Sunday. The Lions won't be able to stop it. In the end, it will come down to Alex continuing to play at the same level and Gore being exorcised of his demon, "Fumbletron."

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If our progression as an offensive force continues as is, I feel we will bring in a good gameplan that will catch the lions off guard. The running game is there, statistically speaking since Detroit isn't that great apparently.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will be able to pass. Josh Morgan is not a "game breaker". I'm thinking there will be a good dose of Gore/Hunter on Sunday. The Lions won't be able to stop it. In the end, it will come down to Alex continuing to play at the same level and Gore being exorcised of his demon, "Fumbletron."

This is where Crabtree needs to take on Morgan's best traits in getting first downs on 3rd down conversions....

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me be the light in your morbid mind!!!!

Losing Morgan does hurts us. So we will be relying on Crabtree to make big plays/conversions etc.... But we're still (ATM) a two WR, two TE offense, if anything with Ginn playing along with Crabtree, open the vertical attack up allowing Davis and Walker to get open.

Don't be so down on KW, its a good chance for him to step up and I think he'll come through being a near perfect slot type reciever.

Only speaking offensively, do what do to get to this point, solid OL play with great direction and play from our QB and throw in some hard running games from Gore and Hunter. Detroit Def is good and feeling good about themselves, this is a game where we have to out play/smart them. I still don't see a LB of theirs able to cover Davis or Walker.

Agreed, full health, we're the better team overall. Win or Lose, I just don't want to play with hustle and heart. We're a good team so if we win, it's a great quality win, if we lose, nothing to hang heads over.

Agree with the bolded. A short week for the Lions also.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed. They don't have a game breaker. That is why they need all their receivers in order to be effective and the 49ers group is effective in combination. But they are now down their two most effective wide receivers and that is tough for any team; especially one with a QB who is limited on what throws he can make.

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. They don't have a game breaker. That is why they need all their receivers i order to be effective and the 49ers group is effective in combination. But they are now down their two most effective wide receivers and that is tough for any team; especially one with a QB who is limited on what throws he can make.

The 49ers are a dangerous team right now feeding off an unfamiliar delicacy: Winning.
They haven't tasted anything like it before and they all want more. In the end, that's the kind of energy that wins big games, with or without Josh Morgan.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers are a dangerous team right now feeding off an unfamiliar delicacy: Winning.
They haven't tasted anything like it before and they all want more. In the end, that's the kind of energy that wins big games, with or without Josh Morgan.

True. Winning breeds confidence and confidence brings wins. I'm just saying that a loss on Sunday would not derail the 49ers chances. If Smith stays healthy the 49ers are going to be a tough out all season long.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler just looks like a smug prick....or is it me?

Lol because I always think that when I see him, even going back to his Vandy days. Wonder how he is in real life; gotta admit I respect his toughness and arm. Dude gets beat down with regularity and still fires lasers out there.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is where Crabtree needs to take on Morgan's best traits in getting first downs on 3rd down conversions....

I think Harbaugh will approach this loss as a next man up issue and the next man up in this case is Crabtree, then, of course, those who come next. I agree with the premise of this post. Crabtree must to become a dependable target on Sunday.

The biggest thing we lose with Morgan is his consistency. Morgan has developed into a pretty a damn solid receiver and he and Smith are (were) in lock step.

Joshua runs excellent routes, he is where is he supposed to be when he is supposed to be there, he opens up and provides Smith with an excellent target, he does a good job of stacking, he catches the ball and is quick to get up field after he does, and he has become reliable on scrambles as well. While Crabtree may have all these abilities, only a few have developed into skills; thus, throwing to Crabtree or his direction is still a risk, IMO.

If there was ever a game that screamed " this is your moment meathead - don't screw it up", this is that game.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've about had my fill of the Al Davis eulogies. Amazes me a guy everyone ripped on a few days ago gets so much praise after he croaks. I get he contributed a ton to the game, but come on, everyone made fun of the Raiders, their drafts, how they've managed their coaching staffs, etc the last few years.

I actually think he just about turned it around the last few seasons. I was pretty OK with a lot of the decisions he made. The one off the top of my head that kind of bugs me is what they gave up for Seymour and drafting McClain that high. But yes, before then he was a laughing stock for a pretty long stretch.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep this is defiantly a great time for Crabtree to step up and prove himself. Who knows of we are lucky it will be his breakout game :pray:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever a game that screamed " this is your moment meathead - don't screw it up", this is that game.

Absolutely, this is Crabtree's moment to erase his negative image with the fans... don't screw it up Miguel Lobsterbush.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbaugh will approach this loss as a next man up issue and the next man up in this case is Crabtree, then, of course, those who come next. I agree with the premise of this post. Crabtree must to become a dependable target on Sunday.

The biggest thing we lose with Morgan is his consistency. Morgan has developed into a pretty a damn solid receiver and he and Smith are (were) in lock step.

Joshua runs excellent routes, he is where is he supposed to be when he is supposed to be there, he opens up and provides Smith with an excellent target, he does a good job of stacking, he catches the ball and is quick to get up field after he does, and he has become reliable on scrambles as well. While Crabtree may have all these abilities, only a few have developed into skills; thus, throwing to Crabtree or his direction is still a risk, IMO.

WOOT!

But yeah, Crabtree may or may not haul in the TDs, but keeping the chains going and playing every snap is what he needs to do. Big moment for him to step up his game and his role in the team.

Smith too on a side note. He's playing against a top 5 team and he needs not to get ahead of himself but play the way he knows to play.