• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greenbay game predictions?

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think too many people would have called the playoff game the way it happened. 180 yds rushing or something crazy for Kaepernick.... I bet the GB brass didn't appreciate the whooping too much neither. Greenbay is getting a few players back from IR. And a full draft to fill some holes. Now they have Lacy and Franklin in their RB corps. Green, Harris, and Starks running for their NFL lives... Datone Jones the 6'4" 285 pound pass rusher in the 1st round. Along with a solid 6'3" 310 pound defensive end in the 4th round. Two guys that fill weaknesses. Nick Perry their 1st round pick from last year. 6'3" 265 pound OLB (went on IR early in season). Another speed/power guy that can be an impact...These players, among others, could make the game much closer than the niners might think.

Thoughts? predictions?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think too many people would have called the playoff game the way it happened. 180 yds rushing or something crazy for Kaepernick.... I bet the GB brass didn't appreciate the whooping too much neither. Greenbay is getting a few players back from IR. And a full draft to fill some holes. Now they have Lacy and Franklin in their RB corps. Green, Harris, and Starks running for their NFL lives... Datone Jones the 6'4" 285 pound pass rusher in the 1st round. Along with a solid 6'3" 310 pound defensive end in the 4th round. Two guys that fill weaknesses. Nick Perry their 1st round pick from last year. 6'3" 265 pound OLB (went on IR early in season). Another speed/power guy that can be an impact...These players, among others, could make the game much closer than the niners might think.

Thoughts? predictions?

the outcome will be more on defenses, than offenses. it'll be a close game all game, not like that play-off game where we pulled away.

we have a good O-line and think we'll try to establish the run first?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts? predictions?

28 -21 Niners. The Niners having only one NFL-caliber wide receiver will keep the game close. Playing at home, even without any wideouts, the 49ers will be too tough for the weak Green Bay defense.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait. GB got new players? Well that sucks. The Niners have the exact same roster as January, except they'll be 8 months older.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have Rodgers so they have a shot to win any game. Not to mention it isn't easy to beat a team 3 times in a row (well, good teams anyway) I still think the Niners win with Kaep doing damage from the pocket and Gore having a big game. Niners 27-24.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers presumably got better in some areas and overall may be better than they were last year, partly if the now healthy people stay healthy. We got better, too, in that our QB is now more experienced with a full offseason, we had a big draft in terms of picks, etc. Defenses will adjust to last year and we will evolve and expand.

I know this is incredibly loose, but I expect somewhere between our Game 1 win last year (30-22) and our playoff game win. Mathematically, that would result in 37-27, but that's too high, IMO. So, I'm guessing 31-21. FG on SFs last drive.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Lacy, I'm not sure he's the most talented Bama back to come out of that program recently, and the recent crop of Bama backs haven't done that well in the NFL lately. The regs here know I am a Bama fan outside of the Cal program, but their RB's have yet to make that kind of splash that Shaun Alexander did when he entered the league.

As far as predictions are concerned, let's just say both teams have concerns going into it. For the Pack, how good (or bad) will your defense be? Getting Datone Jones is a nice pick up, but he's also a rook. I don't forsee CK7 running wild against them like he did last year, but because CK7 is a dual threat, he'll keep GB's defense honest in all situations. Also, will your new cadre of RB's make a difference against one of the best running defenses in the entire league?

For the Niners, putting a rookie SS in the FS safety slot will give Niners fans fits against my fellow Golden Bear and one of the best QB's in the league. He'll get torched, but the question is, how much? Also, without Crabtree, can CK7 make other players around him better in the manner that Brady did for his core of mostly anonymous receivers? Also, how much better can the Niners pass rush be? Aldon is a beast, but can Lemonier be that pass rushing bull? Carradine probably won't make it to the start of the season, so getting that additional pass rusher opposite of Aldon will be key.

Nonetheless - 24 - 20 Niners.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83-2 Niners.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It won't be a repeat of the playoff game but I feel the 9ers aren't a good match up for the Packers.

Not just the playoff game but the week 1 match up last season the Packers run defense got flat out destroyed by the 9ers O line and while the Packers did add Jones up front I don't think that's going to dramatically improve the run defense.

The 9ers offensive line could be better this season than it was last since Goodwin is the only guy on the decline, Staley should stay about the same, and Boone, Iupati, Davis still have room to grow and improve.

Don't get me wrong the Packers can win the game but I think it's going to take a really good Aaron Rodgers game to do so.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I said they would lose and they won so Im going to say they are going to lose and hope I am wrong again and they win. If its not broken, don't fix it.

Lets Go 49ers. Cant wait for week one.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clay Steroids still won't have any success trying to go inside is my prediction. LOL, he tried to bullrush Iupati...

Kind of weird that the 49ers open up the season against two teams that view them as their "Super Bowl". GB made a lot of moves to get better than the 49ers. Sent their coaches back to school to try and counter the Pistol, drafted players that are supposedly good against the Pistol. That coaching staff has a lot on the line if the 49ers win again, the fans will rip them a new one if they don't.

Seattle is just weird, that game in December meant more to them than beating Washington in the playoffs, seems like it meant more to them than anything they've done since 1976. Now they want this game so badly that they are trying to set a guinness world record for crowd noise... hoping that being loud will mean a repeat of the December game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Clay Steroids still won't have any success trying to go inside is my prediction. LOL, he tried to bullrush Iupati...

Kind of weird that the 49ers open up the season against two teams that view them as their "Super Bowl". GB made a lot of moves to get better than the 49ers. Sent their coaches back to school to try and counter the Pistol, drafted players that are supposedly good against the Pistol. That coaching staff has a lot on the line if the 49ers win again, the fans will rip them a new one if they don't.

Seattle is just weird, that game in December meant more to them than beating Washington in the playoffs, seems like it meant more to them than anything they've done since 1976. Now they want this game so badly that they are trying to set a guinness world record for crowd noise... hoping that being loud will mean a repeat of the December game.

IMO go ahead and draft for the pistol, big mistake. not many teams run it, and don't think we'll run it much ourselves?

don't think it matters to the 49ers if Seattle goes for the noise record? prefer the Seattle team hype up that game as much as possible. cause if they lose, the bigger the "let down". it hurts us too if we lose, but not as much as them.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said in another forum about that game... that game shows how little their franchise has ever done, and shows the lack of big picture thinking by Seattle and their fans. They beat us pretty good, but it was a single game and they still finished behind us in the division, and left the playoffs early. When your team has never accomplished a damned thing, I guess you value moral victories and little accomplishments more than actual accomplishments.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another forum about that game... that game shows how little their franchise has ever done, and shows the lack of big picture thinking by Seattle and their fans. They beat us pretty good, but it was a single game and they still finished behind us in the division, and left the playoffs early. When your team has never accomplished a damned thing, I guess you value moral victories and little accomplishments more than actual accomplishments.

....and that was with the refs giving 'em one game (Green Bay)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO go ahead and draft for the pistol, big mistake. not many teams run it, and don't think we'll run it much ourselves?

don't think it matters to the 49ers if Seattle goes for the noise record? prefer the Seattle team hype up that game as much as possible. cause if they lose, the bigger the "let down". it hurts us too if we lose, but not as much as them.

Yeah, drafting to stop the Pistol when the 49ers only ran that about 35% of the time last year is foolish. If GB really focuses as much as it seems to be on stopping Kaepernick from getting outside on them... that isn't going to hurt the 49ers as much as they think because they'll be more than happy letting the RBs take it up the middle. Similar to the NFC Championship game.

Both of those fan bases are setting themselves up for a big let down if the 49ers win. Seattle more than GB, but thats why I said it was their "super bowl", it seems to mean so much to them, more than actually winning the real SB.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a great game with both teams going back and forth. Im gonna say Packers have a 23-21 lead and Kaep drives the 49ers down field and the 49ers kick the game winning FG to win 24-23.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still think our O-line will control the line of scrimmage, we'll win time of posession battle and grind out a win with the run game by about a touchdown.

Pack will focus on stopping Kaep from running but Gore and the run game will still have a big game.

Rodgers will keep it close.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for week 1. 7 days away from camp.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think our O-line will control the line of scrimmage, we'll win time of posession battle and grind out a win with the run game by about a touchdown.

Pack will focus on stopping Kaep from running but Gore and the run game will still have a big game.

Rodgers will keep it close.

yep, the O-line is at a point where they have no excuses. Iupati and Davis certainly aren't young, and they've played together since last season. they should a good job and draw few penalties.

as usual we'll try to establish the run first, it makes sense with this O-line and Mr. Gore.