• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greenbay game predictions?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers - 49

Packers - 0

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Greenbay getting IMO the top two RBs in the draft. Along with 2011 1st round LT Derick Sherrod, back from the broken leg that ended his rookie campaign and held him out all last season. Or the proven blue chipper Bryan Bulaga coming back from IR and holding the LT spot now. That's two first round picks their O-line gets back. 2 that GB didn't have in the playoffs when 49ers demolished them up front. Point being. I don't think you will be able to chase Rodgers every down with GBs new improved running game....

Also GBs defense was devastated by injuries last year. This year they get 1st round OLB Nick Perry back to play opposite Mathews! 2 OLBs that can bring it will end this constant roll out away from Mathews side. GB gets back Neal full strength. And the new 1st rounder Datone Jones 6'4" 285 and moves like a OLB. Mathews will not only have a OLB opposite him. But he will also have either Neal/ Jones in front of him on passing downs. and or Pickett, Daniels and Boyd on running downs. Few things there with the DEs. A rotation. Some beef. a change up with the speed. Depth and balance. This will end the triple team Raji has faced every down, allowing him to start making plays again.

Last year we had Raji and Mathews... That was it. and some undrafted fill ins. And Old man Pickett who aint as good as he once was. But as good once as he ever was. Used up by the playoffs.

Anyways food for thought. GBs strengths. Rodgers and the pass attack, along with our exceptional interception ratio with the secondary (especially considering they had to cover their guy all day every play). Greenbay is a whole different beast...

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Greenbay getting IMO the top two RBs in the draft. Along with 2011 1st round LT Derick Sherrod, back from the broken leg that ended his rookie campaign and held him out all last season. Or the proven blue chipper Bryan Bulaga coming back from IR and holding the LT spot now. That's two first round picks their O-line gets back. 2 that GB didn't have in the playoffs when 49ers demolished them up front. Point being. I don't think you will be able to chase Rodgers every down with GBs new improved running game....

Also GBs defense was devastated by injuries last year. This year they get 1st round OLB Nick Perry back to play opposite Mathews! 2 OLBs that can bring it will end this constant roll out away from Mathews side. GB gets back Neal full strength. And the new 1st rounder Datone Jones 6'4" 285 and moves like a OLB. Mathews will not only have a OLB opposite him. But he will also have either Neal/ Jones in front of him on passing downs. and or Pickett, Daniels and Boyd on running downs. Few things there with the DEs. A rotation. Some beef. a change up with the speed. Depth and balance. This will end the triple team Raji has faced every down, allowing him to start making plays again.

Last year we had Raji and Mathews... That was it. and some undrafted fill ins. And Old man Pickett who aint as good as he once was. But as good once as he ever was. Used up by the playoffs.

Anyways food for thought. GBs strengths. Rodgers and the pass attack, along with our exceptional interception ratio with the secondary (especially considering they had to cover their guy all day every play). Greenbay is a whole different beast...

In two to three years Lattimore will be known as the best RB from this last draft. I promise.

lattimore.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm we ran the ball very effectively against you week one last year. When I believe the only starter missing from your team was Bishop who was cut. Bulga is a RT so there will be growing pains at LT. Also you are depending on a rookie to stop a top 5 rushing team? Good luck

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, eliandco, you're seriously going to post a topic on the 49ers board and ask for our opinions... then instead of doing something crazy like address the replies you came here to get... you continue to try and sell us on your moronic blind homerism that everything GB has done is absolute gold? Really?

Still the same idiotic ESPN Troll, I see...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

top two RB's in the draft? ok, this OPINION is fine but they are still rookies. we already have a top NFL RB in Gore. you get some O-linemen back and they are 1st round picks, but we already have three 1st round picks in Staley, Iupati, and Davis. not to mention our O-line played as a unit all last season.

IMO, hope you guys do run.....try to run. go ahead and test our run D cause it reduces the pass attempts by Rodgers. think it also helps us control the clock more than for GB?

ok, you guys will now have two LB's, but we already have three All-Pro level LB's. you guys now got rookie Datone Jones - again he is a rookie - while we already have All-Pro Justin Smith. whether run OR pass, we have Justin Smith, don't need to rotate out. I will give you Raji but we'll see with Glenn Dorsey who was a top 10 draft pick (since you emphasized 1st rounders).

yeah, food for thought. while you're depending on rookies and guys coming back from injury, we already have top players in these same positions. btw - if your run D doesn't hold up well, your ball hawking secondary will be forced to tackle.

GB might be a whole different beast, but the 49ers already are.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget you dont have Jennings anymore. That will hurt the O a little.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers fans were counting on some no name RB in the playoffs last year to beat us and now they are pinning their hopes on a couple rookies. Sure they got a couple new quality players in the backfield. Why should I care? I haven't seen very many RB's run on as with any sort of consistency. We have shut down much better backs than either of those two will be in their first NFL game. Your D is going to be so focused on not getting embarrassed by Kaep running all over them again that he may just have a field day through the air. My early prediction: SF 31, GB 17

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone has been saying they are relying on rookies at a lot of positions, but we are going to also at FS which is going to be a quick learning curve for Reid out of the gate against them and the Seahawks. But like many have posted, our front 7 is great at stopping the run that I am hoping Reid can just focus on only playing for the pass and keeping everything in front of him. I don't want to see him trying to fly up fast on run plays early on because Rodgers is great with that play action. If the defense can do that and keep the bend but don't break, we should win by a touchdown or more. I don't see Lacy or Franklin making it pass Bowman or Willis very often so I am not very scared there. Only thing that scares me is Rodgers catching fire.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know everyone has been saying they are relying on rookies at a lot of positions, but we are going to also at FS which is going to be a quick learning curve for Reid out of the gate against them and the Seahawks. But like many have posted, our front 7 is great at stopping the run that I am hoping Reid can just focus on only playing for the pass and keeping everything in front of him. I don't want to see him trying to fly up fast on run plays early on because Rodgers is great with that play action. If the defense can do that and keep the bend but don't break, we should win by a touchdown or more. I don't see Lacy or Franklin making it pass Bowman or Willis very often so I am not very scared there. Only thing that scares me is Rodgers catching fire.

yeah, Reid (if he starts) is a rookie and will be a concern, so STILL think it comes down to defenses?

for Rodgers, yes if he catches fire, you can't stop their passing game. a well timed, accurate throw can't be defended. in this situation you first hope the defender makes a good tackle. but on the flip side, Kaep might be hot too?

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Reid (if he starts) is a rookie and will be a concern, so STILL think it comes down to defenses?

for Rodgers, yes if he catches fire, you can't stop their passing game. a well timed, accurate throw can't be defended. in this situation you first hope the defender makes a good tackle. but on the flip side, Kaep might be hot too?

I wouldn't say it comes down to the defenses because I think green bay defense is a bit over rated and won't be a factor. I would say it comes down to our defense for this game. If we play like we should we will not lose. Our offense will do what they want just like in the playoffs. I mean we basically did what we wanted when Alex ran it in week 1 last year also. I am not that scared of that defense vs our offense. I just think they will be trying to over compensate for Kap running and I believe he torches them in the air and our nice little stable of proven running backs destroys them up the gut.

Plus now Roman had a full off season to come up with more plays for Kap to run and was able to build everything around him and his play style. So I don't believe the NFL coaches will have caught up yet.

I really can't wait though for this game. I can't wait for the final season at the Stick to start with a W against Green Bay.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't say it comes down to the defenses because I think green bay defense is a bit over rated and won't be a factor. I would say it comes down to our defense for this game. If we play like we should we will not lose. Our offense will do what they want just like in the playoffs. I mean we basically did what we wanted when Alex ran it in week 1 last year also. I am not that scared of that defense vs our offense. I just think they will be trying to over compensate for Kap running and I believe he torches them in the air and our nice little stable of proven running backs destroys them up the gut.

Plus now Roman had a full off season to come up with more plays for Kap to run and was able to build everything around him and his play style. So I don't believe the NFL coaches will have caught up yet.

I really can't wait though for this game. I can't wait for the final season at the Stick to start with a W against Green Bay.

their defense won't be a factor? I disagree but that's ok, no big deal.

if what you say is true, it won't be a 'close game all game'. we'll pull away again.