• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Grading Gruden So Far

What grade would you give to Jon Gruden's second go-round in Oakland so far?

• F

• Worse than F (even if it's impossible)

• Slightly above an F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C+

We should have won yesterday until Keenum put together a nice game winning drive....

Gruden can still coach and our defense played well....

It's early. The D really is struggling, 2nd half seems like a different team there. 7 points in 2 games in the 2nd half by the offense, and gave up 4 scores in 4 2nd half drives to the Broncos last week.

Big game coming up. 2-0 Dolphins in Miami, and the last 0-3 team to make the post-season was the 1998 Bills.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early. The D really is struggling, 2nd half seems like a different team there. 7 points in 2 games in the 2nd half by the offense, and gave up 4 scores in 4 2nd half drives to the Broncos last week.

Big game coming up. 2-0 Dolphins in Miami, and the last 0-3 team to make the post-season was the 1998 Bills.
Never mentioned the postseason.

After trading Mack it's obviously a rebuilding season. 6-10 or 7-9 is what we're probably looking at.

But, Gruden showed yesterday he can still call plays. And I realize Olsem is the OC but this is Gruden's offense.

The defemse is where we lack playmakers after trading Mack.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's terrible. F grade for sure. He's got a good QB, good O-Line, and enough defensive help he should be putting together solid performances. He's also got QB guru/mastermind in Greg Olson.

Gruden is horrible, and I fully support his failure. Ideally he goes 0-16 and we get the added bonus of not having to listen to his dumbass in the booth. Although we have that man chick from last week... *shudders*

In seriousness, he's fine... Denver is hard to play away and Denver is no slouch either. They would've annihilated Seattle if Keenum wasn't throwing INTs every other series. And the Rams are fear realized for me. I predicted that team could downward spiral if things started out shaky, and for one half with OAK it did... BUT, I also said if they put it all together and keep a win streak alive to quiet down the 'personalities' and 'locker room children' they'd be insane. They've done the latter so far.
Enough defensive help?

LMAO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete.

Very few coaches succeed in their first season. I think the Raiders were stupid for giving him that contract but he at least deserves a year or two to see if he can do something.
Good comment.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense was on the field a lot in the 2nd half, they got tired.

Overall, they played well. Lot better than vs the Rams.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with those of you that have said he has done a good job coaching so far this year...it is just his "GM-ing" (even if he technically isn't the GM) that has been awful.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was on the field a lot in the 2nd half, they got tired.

Overall, they played well. Lot better than vs the Rams.

Well they only had 4 drives to be on the field for in the 2nd half. 11, 9, 14, and 10 play drives against them.

Yeah, not being able to stop Denver, and giving up horribly long scoring drives in the 2nd half will wear you out.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point. But also it does seem that the team trading away the player can make a big difference as far as trusting whether or not it was the right move. Patriots have proven by now that they know what they're doing. Maybe Gruden does too but since he hasn't proven it yet it doesn't look great.

He probably knew what he was doing but choosing to say he couldn't find any defense and a player maker getting presser when he had one wasn't one of his smartest moves.

I don't think he's a good coach to begin with and being out of the league for what 10 years and bringing him in for that much... The only way you can't give him an F is if he wins a Super Bowl next year imo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him an A+. Bronco fans have thought since he signed back up with the Raiders that his ultimate game plan was to destroy them as a franchise. So far so good. Trade away their best player, bring in the oldest roster in football, draft high risk players in the draft, and the list goes on. So good for you Gruden really sticking it to the Raiders for trading you way back when.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on how good the Bears do this year, if they end up having a bad year getting a couple top draft picks and then possibly another couple good draft picks the next year the Raiders could be back in it... He's looking down the road, this year he just basically threw up the white flag....

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how bad a day is going, just remember you don't have a bowl cut and gave Jon Gruden 10 years and 100-million to be your coach.