• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got Speights?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the preliminary details

S & T for Jack?

Side Note : Lynsday Hunter as Assistant Coach? That means no KSmart back in the Bay?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this part:

He is known for a having a midrange jumper and a mean streak.

Of course, I've also read he doesn't play much D. Time for Jackson to change that.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this part:

He is known for a having a midrange jumper and a mean streak.

Of course, I've also read he doesn't play much D. Time for Jackson to change that.
Not like Landry did either.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like Landry did either.

Anything Speights gives us would be more than La Tax gave us last year.

Imagine this roster so far as we know it

1. Steph
  2. Klay
  3. HB
  4. D.Lee
  5. Bogut
  6. Iggy
  7. Speights
  8. Bazemore
  9. Green
  10. FE
  11. Nedo
  12. Machado
  13. Fillers

As I put on my Fitz / homer googles, I don't see a RJ , or La Tax, or 3 rookies in that starting lineup factoring to play major minutes. That's a pretty decent lineup right there. Injuries will happen, but I'm liking our chances this year.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not really bright, but he can hit the outside shot pretty consistently. He's a nice compliment to Iggy. Iggy can slash and get Speights at 15-18 feet. Pretty much fits Landry's role, but a little taller.

They played together in Philly (My in-laws are from there, so I remember them fitting together) a quick search pulled

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, very good mid-range jumper, but doesn't work down low, and doesn't defend much at all. Hopefully we still are in the ballgame to get Jermaine O'Neal, who would be a great complement for the team.

Assuming (hopefully) we did a sign-and-trade, I wouldn't mind seeing us spend a portion of our exceptions on O'Neal (priority 1) and Beno Udrih, who would be a great fit off the bench for the W's, and is still productive when needed.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors aren't there yet, but are building a bright future around Curry, Klay and HB.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors aren't there yet, but are building a bright future around Curry, Klay and HB.

We are knocking on the door for the first time in a long time. I like today's pick and moving the Iggy signing to a sign and trade to create more room to get some more depth in here.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're pretty damn close to being championship contenders

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're pretty damn close to being championship contenders

Championship aspirations will have a great deal to do with being able to get a defense 4 and most importantly a healthy roster. It just pains me how good DLee would be if he just played a little defense.

mayo63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our playoff asperations hang on the health of Bogut. Healthy and contributing and we're a playoff team. Hurt and in and out of the lineup and we're a .500 team.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our playoff asperations hang on the health of Bogut. Healthy and contributing and we're a playoff team. Hurt and in and out of the lineup and we're a .500 team.

That's why the signing of Speights and hopefully of O'Neal would do wonders for this team - the Warriors could barely rely on Beans last year but having your choice of 2 players who can clog the paint (well, at least O'Neal, kinda) can help spell Bogut. Remember, Ezeli will be out til the beginning of the next calendar year perhaps with that injury.

Curry and Bogut have to have their minutes checked - Curry was 7th last season in MPG, and that was 2nd most for PG's behind Lillard.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to this board Mayo, how do you like it so far?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are still a playoff team without Bogut but a 6-8 seed though

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still a playoff team without Bogut but a 6-8 seed though

Lets not get carried away, FE is still going to be out most of the 1st half with knee replacement surgery, not telling how well he responds.

If Speights or JO plays significant minutes this year, it could be 2010-2011 all over again, or what year was it that Mikki Moore played for us? Seems like a lifetime ago.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not get carried away, FE is still going to be out most of the 1st half with knee replacement surgery, not telling how well he responds.

If Speights or JO plays significant minutes this year, it could be 2010-2011 all over again, or what year was it that Mikki Moore played for us? Seems like a lifetime ago.

How am I getting carried away? We got the 6th seed while Bogut was out most of the season and relying on rookies..

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we're OK if anyone goes down for a little bit. Extended period of time? What team wouldn't suffer if their best players go down for a long time?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're OK if anyone goes down for a little bit. Extended period of time? What team wouldn't suffer if their best players go down for a long time?

Bogut missed 50 games last year. Realistically, I think the Dubs were really lucky to get into the playoffs.

I loved everything the Dubs' have done to retool this offseason, but call me a Pessimist, or a cynic, but a lot of things had to fall into place last year for us to make that run.

I think in the beginning of the year, we underestimated what value Landry and Jack would have on the team, we've upgraded with Iggy, but how will the other pieces match up?

If you are going to tell me we are "still a playoff team without Bogut", I wouldn't agree. We aren't going to have FE for atleast 50 games? Speights, JO, and D.Lee as our only bigs going to get the job done? :L

Lets hope Bogut plays 50+ games this year, instead of missing them

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had no Rush last year as well and we got a significant upgrade in Iggy. I'm liking this squad A LOT.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had no Rush last year as well and we got a significant upgrade in Iggy. I'm liking this squad A LOT.

The hardest questions to answer is

1) Is Iggy+ Speights + Douglas + JO + Nedo going to be better than

Jack, Landry, Rush, RJ, La Tax .

Might not be a fair question, considering Rush, RJ, La tax didn't contribute much.

The Jack/Landry Chemistry factor isn't something tangible, those guys knew how to play with each other on the court, and for the most part did a good job.

2) How will the new guys fit into the lockeroom? We have 5 new guys coming into a lockeroom that had "" last year.

These are Vets who are used to playing in Iggy, and used to be the "man" in JO to a degree, will they be able to fit into the current team's scheme and philosophy? HMm....:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator: