• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got Speights?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest questions to answer is

1) Is Iggy+ Speights + Douglas + JO + Nedo going to be better than

Jack, Landry, Rush, RJ, La Tax .

Might not be a fair question, considering Rush, RJ, La tax didn't contribute much.

The Jack/Landry Chemistry factor isn't something tangible, those guys knew how to play with each other on the court, and for the most part did a good job.

2) How will the new guys fit into the lockeroom? We have 5 new guys coming into a lockeroom that had "great chemistry" last year.

These are Vets who are used to playing in Iggy, and used to be the "man" in JO to a degree, will they be able to fit into the current team's scheme and philosophy? HMm....:noidea:

I think they will be fine honestly. I'm not really worried. This team is legit!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest questions to answer is

1) Is Iggy+ Speights + Douglas + JO + Nedo going to be better than

Jack, Landry, Rush, RJ, La Tax .

Might not be a fair question, considering Rush, RJ, La tax didn't contribute much.

The Jack/Landry Chemistry factor isn't something tangible, those guys knew how to play with each other on the court, and for the most part did a good job.

2) How will the new guys fit into the lockeroom? We have 5 new guys coming into a lockeroom that had "great chemistry" last year.

These are Vets who are used to playing in Iggy, and used to be the "man" in JO to a degree, will they be able to fit into the current team's scheme and philosophy? HMm....:noidea:

First, RJ and Beans should be replaced with Green and Ezeli. They got more minutes last year. I know that doesn't work as well with your scenario because they are still on the roster, and I expect Nedo to get about as many minutes as Rush did last year. They are a wash, and Draymond and Festus are much better than RJ and AB at this point. Do we even need to discuss Iggy? Yes. The bench is better.

Second, they will fit just fine in the locker room. Iggy hasn't been "the man" on a team for at least one season (maybe 2 because of Jrue Holiday), and JO knows exactly who he is at this point of his career. If he doesn't, his body should tell him... daily. I'm not too worried about chemistry on a team coached by Mark Jackson. I think his ability to combine work and fun is his best asset.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, RJ and Beans should be replaced with Green and Ezeli. They got more minutes last year. I know that doesn't work as well with your scenario because they are still on the roster, and I expect Nedo to get about as many minutes as Rush did last year. They are a wash, and Draymond and Festus are much better than RJ and AB at this point. Do we even need to discuss Iggy? Yes. The bench is better.

Second, they will fit just fine in the locker room. Iggy hasn't been "the man" on a team for at least one season (maybe 2 because of Jrue Holiday), and JO knows exactly who he is at this point of his career. If he doesn't, his body should tell him... daily. I'm not too worried about chemistry on a team coached by Mark Jackson. I think his ability to combine work and fun is his best asset.

:agree: Well said Heathbar. Iggy came partly because of the chemistry the team has and the leader Mark Jackson is. JO was with a bad team last year and knows he is not the starter nor the all star he use to be.

With Iggy replacing Jack, Oneal replacing Festus early and Beans when he Festus returns. Nedovic replacing RJ and Speights replacing Landry, I think the team improved at each spot with Speights/Landry being a wash. Green, Barnes and Klay should all improve and Bogut and Curry coming into camp healthy, we fans should be excitied.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speights can hold things down on the boards (big time upgrade from Landry) well enough as part of a small ball lineup to keep the Ws competitive even if Bogut and O'neal miss time or have minute limitations.

The interior defense overall will be terrible if such a scenario were to happen, but on offense the Ws will have 5 guys on the floor that can hit open shots and on D they will pack the paint and hope the other team misses jumpers. It's Nellieball, but as we all know Nellieball works just as long you have guys who can be efficient on offense, take care of the ball and take care of the boards.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key for 2013: Andrew Bogut. If he is healthy, at 32 mpg he'll produce 12 and 11 2 blocks and patrol the paint, the Warriors could be a 52 win team and quite possibly a no. 4 seed. Repeat, key is Bogut. 2nd key: Igu. Iggy must perform at a high level and sometimes show real leadership as SC and KT are still young. Iggy is not a prolific scorer but his all around game makes him maybe a top 15 baller when all is said and done. Also, Scalabrine is now an Asst Coach!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key for 2013: Andrew Bogut. If he is healthy, at 32 mpg he'll produce 12 and 11 2 blocks and patrol the paint, the Warriors could be a 52 win team and quite possibly a no. 4 seed. Repeat, key is Bogut. 2nd key: Igu. Iggy must perform at a high level and sometimes show real leadership as SC and KT are still young. Iggy is not a prolific scorer but his all around game makes him maybe a top 15 baller when all is said and done. Also, Scalabrine is now an Asst Coach!

I agree Bogut is the key, but I believe the real key is to keep his minutes under 30 minutes until the playoffs atleast.

If you have 1) Speights 2) JO 3) eventually FE when healthy

There's no real reason to burn Bogut's good minutes early on. There's only some much stress he can put on those ankles before they start acting up. So if we can keep him in the 22-26 range for a better part of the season, and still win games, I think that would be the optimal thing to do.

Would you rather have Bogut play 50 games at 30 min clip, or 60+ games at a 25 min clip?