• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

George Karl Has Got To Be Fired This Summer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last suspension per Cousins is that came from Karl and not the office. Very clearly Cousins and Karl cannot co-exist on the same team and if forced to continue, then Cousins will demand a trade. Now that Karl has exiled his Assistant it is becoming clear that the man has issues in getting along with others. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and attribute his problems with his health and recent battle with cancer and recent treatments which undoubtedly have taken their toll. Either way if Sacramento wants their team to move forward, they need a coach that knows how to use Cousins considerable talents to help the team and I don't think Karl is that coach.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fire the entire organization

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fire the entire organization
I loved the quotes from Kobe and Shaw and Phil

Phil called it Cow Town

Kobe said "all of these cows and I can't get a decent burger

Shaq called them the Sacramento Queens

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats more likely? George Karl being fired or Byron Scott being fired? I think they gotta be at least around equal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats more likely? George Karl being fired or Byron Scott being fired? I think they gotta be at least around equal.

Worry about your own team first! You'll be lucky if you make the finals

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming it's a serious question, I think they both get fired, but there is more cause to fire Karl. Byron at least has the excuse that everyone knew the Lakers were going to suck. The only question was whether or not they would suck enough to keep the #3 pick.

Karl took a team that had the talent to get to the playoffs and maybe even play into the 2nd round and they've become a shitshow.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who suspended Cousins, it was deserved. Karl is gone for sure, kinda surprised he made it this far into the season. This team/franchise is just a train wreck. :frusty:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Karl getting fired and Cousins getting traded. They really need to reboot the entire thing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poster who rainbowed my post only showed his ignorance on basketball - those were classic statements

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming it's a serious question, I think they both get fired, but there is more cause to fire Karl. Byron at least has the excuse that everyone knew the Lakers were going to suck. The only question was whether or not they would suck enough to keep the #3 pick.

Karl took a team that had the talent to get to the playoffs and maybe even play into the 2nd round and they've become a shitshow.
Personally I think it comes down to if Scott was set up to lose big time and if he was, he will be here next year. I do think though that bigger expectations will be there next season. The guy named Max on ESPN says that the Lakers will not be contenders for the next two seasons and that the Lakers have that long to wait. I think the Lakers could surprise everyone with the right player, but honestly I think Aldridge last year would have been a complete waste for this year. There is no point in spending that kind of money until you know you can make a run into the playoffs but I think that in the 2017-18 season that is highly likely. I don't think Lakers fans have to wait that long.

In the mean time - Karl simply doesn't get along with some really good players. Scott has a bunch of rookies that he is teaching from the ground up - it is a different situation. If the Lakers get that #3 or better pick - I would be happy with the status quo for one more year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Vivek wanted to fire Karl, but was vetoed by the minority owners and shareholders who didn't want both Malone and Karl to still be receiving pay checks and then have to hire a new coach. I think that's why Karl's been given such a long leash so far. He reminds me a lot of Don Nelson in his last year coaching the Warriors. He pretty much had mailed it in.

The Kings really are in bad shape. They need an entire overhaul, but the management will have to realize that first. You need a coach who can come in and change the culture. You need players that will hold themselves accountable. You need an owner who will learn not to meddle in the team affairs. I don't know where they start.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Vivek wanted to fire Karl, but was vetoed by the minority owners and shareholders who didn't want both Malone and Karl to still be receiving pay checks and then have to hire a new coach. I think that's why Karl's been given such a long leash so far. He reminds me a lot of Don Nelson in his last year coaching the Warriors. He pretty much had mailed it in.

The Kings really are in bad shape. They need an entire overhaul, but the management will have to realize that first. You need a coach who can come in and change the culture. You need players that will hold themselves accountable. You need an owner who will learn not to meddle in the team affairs. I don't know where they start.
Doesn't speak well when a team that has had first round draft pick after another for the last ten years is still in a complete rebuilding mode and needs to be blown up if that's the case, but they have some good players. I do think they need a better coach - I never did like Karl from the beginning. He only won in Denver because the altitude helped him team at home games so much combined with the NBA always giving him tired and worn out teams on back to back games. To me his record in Sacramento proves he is a shitty coach

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't speak well when a team that has had first round draft pick after another for the last ten years is still in a complete rebuilding mode and needs to be blown up if that's the case, but they have some good players. I do think they need a better coach - I never did like Karl from the beginning. He only won in Denver because the altitude helped him team at home games so much combined with the NBA always giving him tired and worn out teams on back to back games. To me his record in Sacramento proves he is a shitty coach

I don't think he's a shitty coach. He did coach a very good Sonics team for a number of years. He also coached up a Milwaukee squad that made multiple playoff appearances. His sheer volume of win totals shows that he's been a successful coach. I just think at this part of his career, he's mailing it in to increase his win totals.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had been one constant over the last three years and it's never his fault. Im sure after they roll through two or three more coaches next season it still wont be.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had been one constant over the last three years and it's never his fault. Im sure after they roll through two or three more coaches next season it still wont be.

If you're talking about Vivek, I would agree. If you're talking about Boogie, slightly disagree. He was playing great under Malone, and both had a great relationship. After they fired Malone, that's when it all went to hell. Remember what the Kings record was to start last year before Boogie came down with his illness.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed so, that team is a tire fire, got to think the Kings will blow it up this summer and start over fresh.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very thankful for Vivek to help keep the Kings in Sacramento, but he's not a good owner. He seems to wanna build the Warriors 2.0 which is just stupid especially considering his star player is a post up center.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very thankful for Vivek to help keep the Kings in Sacramento, but he's not a good owner. He seems to wanna build the Warriors 2.0 which is just stupid especially considering his star player is a post up center.

Vivek is definitely trying to build the Warriors 2.0 over there. The problem with him is that he meddles too much. What Lacob did was hire the best minds he could find out there to put their current roster together. There has been so much turnover in the front office since Vivek took over, and that translates to the product you see on the court.

His quote on Nik Stauskas:

"He's big like Klay. Shoots like Steph."

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vivek is definitely trying to build the Warriors 2.0 over there. The problem with him is that he meddles too much. What Lacob did was hire the best minds he could find out there to put their current roster together. There has been so much turnover in the front office since Vivek took over, and that translates to the product you see on the court.

His quote on Nik Stauskas:

"He's big like Klay. Shoots like Steph."
Big like Klay
Shoots like Steph
Is a bust like Jimmer
Good job Vivek!