• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 6) Sharks at Red Wings - 5:00PM

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I saw that one. Although, it was a 3-on-3 and heater was the 4th man coming back so he was supposed to protect the trailer (as not done on goal 1). As such, that was more on cooch and (cant remember the Dman) taking the same guy making a 3 on 3 into a 3 on 2.

It was just bad all around. Gotta let it go and just come out with heart and effort. Most importantly... POISE. Panicking is what the sharks do late in games recently, and they have to fix that.

agreed, they seem to have lost poise and confidence the last couple games. if Tmac is worth anything as a coach and the same for the team leadership, they will wipe these last few games away and get back to the mindset they had at the start of the series. pure and simple. watching them in the last 5 minutes of the last 2 games was like watching the Sharks of old vs the Wings of old, Sharks really are the better team in my book and if they keep their heads up and bring it for 60 min the next game, it will show in the result.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. Other than nemo, that was a team stinkfest. Not a single skater was good.

Obviously the magnifying glass remains on patty because of past games, but everyone stunk. Logan was a hero for 5 mins after he scored until he turned the puck over and then misplayed the coverage on the GWG. They deserved to lose and almost got super lucky, but simply put, the team is just full of chokers as its top 3 forwards and 40% of its salary.

Jumbo has been playing much much better this PO's, but he still has just 2 goals in 12 games. Heater has also been much better this PO's than last year, but he has just 3 goals. And, of course patty's loserness is pretty self evident. Those 3 guys are the key to the PP, which is incredibly bad and has been every year in the PO's.

They have 1 game left to save their reputations from being etched in history, and patty has 1 game left to save himself from a full summer of well-deserved trade calls and anger geared toward him. If they lose thursday, it wont matter how, marleau will be blamed for the end of the season without a doubt.

Doesnt get more dramatic than this (at least in the 2nd round)

Sharks went all out in game 5 and collapsed in the 3rd, gave up 3 unanswered goals. Now they can't recover from that.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no way they'll recover from that Game 5 epic fail.

The sooner the rest of you can accept that, the better. :p

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To quote Lou Brown, a favorite character of mine, "i hope the sharks hang around and give you a nice big shitburger to eat". :)

and by quote i mean paraphrase.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol.. I am going to order you some Tony Robbins tapes dude...

Part of being a sports fan, for me at least, is to hang in through all of the season... however, if this one ends on game 7 - well, the gloves come off.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants cursed us by winning the World Series. Bay Area is only allowed one major sports championship a decade now according to the Illuminati.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. Great, now I have to google "Tony Robbins tapes"...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just thinking about leadership... I cant believe that after being called out on national TV and have all the controversy, patty managed all of 2 hits and one shot on goal the entire game. Obviously, he wasnt the only (or even main) reason they lost, but that really is pretty darn gutless.

I also just remember that the player with by far and away the most heart on the team was out of the lineup. Next year, Clowe better wear the C with Pavs and Boyle having the A's. Its clear that's where the heart lies. (cooch is still a little too young, but he's got a future).

Man, I do not envy doug wilson right now. if they complete the choke, he is gunna have his loyalty tested arguably the most it has ever been.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We put up an embarrassing effort. It's nothing to do with Xs and Os. It's about whatever it takes to get yourself ready," Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray said. "This was unacceptable, but we have to move away from it. We've got an important game Thursday."

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Doug Wilson.

If the choke is complete, he should resign immediately.

Actually no, wait until he gets fired the next day. More humiliating (and satisfying for me) that way.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Awful performance all around by everyone not named Niemi and Pavelski pretty much. I think the main problem with this team is something I brought up earlier in the year, and that's the fact that this team has a civil war going on. There's a group of guys like Clowe, Pavelski, Couture, Wellwood, and Boyle that put everything they have into the game and work their asses off pulling the team forward. Meanwhile, there's guys who just don't seem to give a shit like Marleau and Heatley (and Joe on occasion although not in this playoffs) holding them back. If we let this dead weight go we'd be able to invest in higher quality defenseman and forwards and the team would no longer be struggling with itself, and all oars would be rowing in the right direction.

+1 Very well said. Thornton and Seto for Weber. Heatley and Marleau are untradeable, unless there GMs are stupid or drunk. Still wont ever understand why we got Heatley.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fuck Doug Wilson.

If the choke is complete, he should resign immediately.

Actually no, wait until he gets fired the next day. More humiliating (and satisfying for me) that way.

For quite some time, I've been a dougie defender. Like everyone else, I thought he must have been on impressively good stuff when he signed wallin, but he has made many shrewd moves. However, if they lose tomorrow, I will not defend him again unless PM is not a shark by draft day. If this series hasnt proven that he isnt worth 7M let alone 4 or 5M and that he isnt the kind of player you want on a championship team, then I give up on dougie and his excessive loyalty. If your goals is to make the PO's, then Patty is a great asset, but if you want a cup, his lack of heart simply hurts the whole team.

Game 7 will decide it.

Of course, that said, it's the 2nd round. If they win thursday and lose to the nucks in 4 or 5, then it's not really all that much better.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
now that some time has settled i don't feel nearly as bad.

I'm gonna try and watch the game with killervee. anyone else down? In San Francisco

Where in SF? I cant find any bars to watch it at. Im a nice guy in person, but a pessimist on these boards, lol

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
+1 Very well said. Thornton and Seto for Weber. Heatley and Marleau are untradeable, unless there GMs are stupid or drunk. Still wont ever understand why we got Heatley.

Heatley hasnt been that bad. He was also really good in ottawa's run the cup. I think he came here and started playing with jumbo and patty and the complete lack of effort from those two helped carry over to heater's game. I think that's why he has been much better this PO's as a result of jumbo's effort.

Only patty stands out right now as gutless. However, I think he is extremely tradable. The big problem is that dougie has basically guaranteed him a job for life full of big money. When patty had that awful 47 pt, -20 season, dougie could have dealt him then and ended this misery. I dont remember what the rumors were at the time (something with MTL, I think), but instead kept him and gave him the big bucks. For all the "career PO leader" type statements, since 06-07 he has just 35 points, -10 in 55 PO games. That's terrible.

When it's time for a change, call speedy patty trade and move up.

I think patty drives a Gutlass Supreme :-)