• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 5

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fresno State - Fresno State is seemingly managing to recover from that absolute dud against Minnesota a few weeks ago. They had another big non-conference playing against a good Toledo team and ended up blowing them out. Fresno State might be the top team in the league, next they face Nevada on the road.

2. Utah State - Two weeks ago Utah State easily handled their test against Air Force as they led throughout that game. This week they had a bye week. So far Utah State's offense looks like it's going to be near unstoppable in this league but their defense looks questionable. Big game this week though as Utah State faces BYU on the road next.

3. Boise State - Boise State had a bye week to recover from their complete and utter failure against Oklahoma State, they completely dominated Wyoming in the first half taking a 24-0 lead. One looming issue beyond Harsin and staff getting outcoached, is the team losing focus in the 2nd half....it was so bad that right at the beginning of the 2nd half Wyoming got a 75 yard TD run which was nearly how many yards Wyoming had in the first half. Boise State will host San Diego State next.

4. San Diego State - San Diego State is having a pretty rough stretch right now as they are dealing with a crazy amount of injuries. They are now down to backups in their entire backfield as their starting QB, RB and even the fullback are all hurt. This took it's toll two weeks ago as they barely survived Eastern Michigan in overtime, though Eastern Michigan is actually ok. Now comes a tough test as they go on the road to face Boise State.

5. Hawai'i - It's getting tough to rank Hawai'i, they have kind of slipped the past few weeks. The loss to Army doesn't look so bad after Army brought Oklahoma to overtime and has looked excellent, but last week was pretty bad. They were taken to overtime by an awful San Jose State team, needing 5 pretty bad overtimes to survive, but they did survive at least and remain in the hunt for the West. Next they host Wyoming, which is actually a rivalry game with a trophy! They play for the Paniolo Trophy.

6. Nevada - The past two weeks of Nevada football have been pretty interesting, they lost in a wild shootout to Toledo by a score of 63-44. They did come back and take down Air Force on the road which is usually a tough place to play. They host Fresno State next.

7. UNLV - Two weeks ago they couldn't quite pull off a decent win for UNLV's level as they lost by a touchdown to Arkansas State. Unfortunately close doesn't cut it, still UNLV has bowl hopes. They had a bye week this past week, and now up next is New Mexico which should feature a lot of points.

8. Air Force - Everyone beyond this point really sucks. Air Force is 1-3 and on a 3 game losing streak but the bright side is they at least haven't lost a game by more than 10 points yet. It won't get easier, next Air Force hosts Navy.

9. Wyoming - Wyoming's pathetic offense reared it's head again as they were dominated by Boise State. Their offense has to be one of the worst in college football, their best scoring output so far was 29 against a bad New Mexico State defense. Next they travel to the islands to face Hawai'i.

10. New Mexico - THEY TRAILED 42-10 AT HALFTIME TO LIBERTY!!! Liberty is a team transitioning to FBS, most people don't even know they exist and yet New Mexico was run off their home turf by them. To their credit they came back to only lose 52-43, but what an embarrassing effort. Davie had things going so well, but now it appears New Mexico has faded back to the bottom. They they take on UNLV on the road.

11. San Jose State - I'll move them up a little bit because they actually do seem to knocking on the door of a win. San Jose State actually managed to wait until 5 overtimes to lose this time against Hawai'i. They actually have a chance to get a win as they host Colorado State next in the battle of the worst teams in this conference.

12 Colorado State - Colorado State had a bye week last week, which certainly is better than the week before because they had a pathetic showing losing 35-19 to Illinois State of FCS. Never thought a team that has a win over a SEC West team would be ranked last in these rankings but here we are. They play San Jose State on the road next in the battle of teams that are so bad, at least one of them has to win I guess.